4 Assisted Living Facilities near Fort Morgan, CO
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fort Morgan area, with 2 in Fort Morgan and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fort Morgan is $2,950 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Brush with an average starting cost of $2,870.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fort Morgan. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fort Morgan 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fort Morgan, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Fort Morgan, CO
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Fort Morgan, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fort Morgan
With its low cost of living, world-class healthcare facilities and 77 acres of public parks, it's no surprise that Fort Morgan ranks among the best places to retire in Colorado. An estimated 11,281 people choose to make their homes in Fort Morgan, including more than 1,400 seniors aged 65 and older. To serve those seniors who need a little extra help with daily tasks to maintain their independence, Fort Morgan offers two assisted living communities. The state of Colorado licenses these facilities as Assisted Living Residences.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fort Morgan
- Seniors seeking assisted living in an affordable area may want to give Fort Morgan a second look. It's one of the best bargains in Colorado, with a cost of living that's 44.2 percent below the state average and 12.2 percent less than the U.S. median.
- The Fort Morgan area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Colorado Plains Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- For many seniors in assisted living communities, dependable public transportation is a must. In Fort Morgan, County Express provides seniors with transit by bus, and Amtrak offers intercity passenger rail travel.
- Colorado's tax policies paint a mixed picture for seniors living in Fort Morgan. Social security and other retirement income is taxable; however, people 55 and older get a generous deduction, which increases when they turn 65.
- Assisted living facilities in Fort Morgan may offer residents outings and day trips for shopping, dining and entertainment. Area attractions for seniors include the Fort Morgan Museum and the Candlelight Dinner Playhouse in nearby Johnstown.
- Fort Morgan has an array of community resources for seniors, including a senior center and the Northeast Colorado Area Agency on Aging, an organization that provides a variety of services and referrals to assist older residents.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fort Morgan
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Fort Morgan start around $2,950 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fort Morgan and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fort Morgan
Qualifying seniors in Fort Morgan may be able to get public financing for assisted living services through one of two Medicaid waivers offered in Colorado. One is the Community Mental Health Supports Waiver, and the other is the Elderly, Blind and Disabled Waiver. Not all assisted living residences can accept the waivers as payment, so it's important to ask whether a prospective facility is certified to receive Medicaid reimbursement. Colorado also offers an Optional State Supplement for seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fort Morgan
Fort Morgan and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fort Morgan, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fort Morgan
Fort Morgan-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fort Morgan
Review of The Bee Hive Assisted Living - Ft. Morgan I & II
I was given a tour by the owner of The Bee Hive. They've got a beauty salon, activities, kitchen areas, sitting areas with television and magazines, and outdoor areas and a protected courtyard. The... Read more