2 Assisted Living Facilities in Sterling, CO
Also serving communities of Yuma, Holyoke.
The average cost of assisted living in Sterling is $4,405 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,395. Cheaper nearby regions include Brush with an average starting cost of $2,870.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sterling. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sterling 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Brush with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sterling, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sterling
The City of Sterling is located in the north-eastern corner of Colorado and is home to around 14,000 people. The city has a sizable senior population with 16 percent of residents aged 65 and older. There are two assisted living facilities in the city and surrounding areas that cater to independent seniors who need some help with daily activities.
Assisted living facilities in Sterling, and throughout the state, are monitored by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Colorado facilities that receive Medicaid reimbursements are called Alternative Care Facilities and must meet additional requirements.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sterling
- Colorado State, including Sterling, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- County Express offers on-demand public transportation in Logan County, including Sterling. Seniors aged 60 and older are eligible for discount passes.
- Sterling offers seniors many opportunities to enjoy art and culture. The city is known for its tree sculptures and bronze artwork and every September Sugar Beet Days brings arts and crafts to the center of the city. The murals that decorate many buildings in the city also bring art to every resident who walks the streets.
- The Sterling area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sterling Regional MedCenter, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Sterling has warm summers with an average high in July of 91 degrees. Winters are cold with 25 inches of snow each year and an average low in December of 15 degrees. This may keep seniors inside more than they'd like over the winter months.
- While all forms of retirement income are subject to income tax in Colorado, the state has a large deduction for people aged 65 and over. The combined sales tax for Sterling is 7 percent but groceries and prescription medicine are exempt, which can help seniors put more money towards their assisted living budget.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sterling
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Sterling start around $4,405 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sterling and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sterling
Residents in alternative care facilities in Sterling may be able to access financial assistance through the Home and Community-Based Services Waiver for persons who are Elderly, Blind, or Disabled.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sterling
Sterling and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sterling, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sterling
Sterling-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sterling
Review of The Bee Hive Assisted Living - Sterling I & II
I was impressed with The Beehive, the look of it, and what they have to offer. It was real clean, homey, inviting, and had places where people can sit outside. I want to go back again with a family... Read more
Review of Devonshire Acres
My brother is at Devonshire Acres. It is a really good place. They seem to be getting real good care, and they have a lot of activities to keep them busy. It is a really good place to be. It is a 5... Read more
Review of Devonshire Acres
The staff at Devonshire Acres assisted me very well. The rooms they showed me were not compatible for me. The facility is just about right, but they have a lot of people waiting for bigger apartmen... Read more