3 Assisted Living Facilities in Scottsbluff, NE
Also serving communities of Alliance.
The average cost of assisted living in Scottsbluff is $1,877 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Scottsbluff, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Scottsbluff, NE
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Scottsbluff
Scottsbluff, a Great Plains city in the western region of Nebraska takes its name from a historically significant landmark that is now a U.S. National Park, Scotts Bluff National Monument. Scottsbluff is also home to a sizeable senior population, with approximately 16% of its residents age 65 and older. Those who need help with the activities of daily living may find the four Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) in Scottsbluff to be more affordable than those in other cities.
As in the rest of the Cornhusker state, Nebraska’s Department of Health and Human Services licenses and regulates ALFs in Scottsbluff.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Scottsbluff
- Housing and transportation costs are significantly lower in Scottsbluff when compared to the rest of the country. While seniors on a tight budget may benefit from this, they often pay more for groceries and healthcare. Overall, however, Scottsbluff enjoys a cost of living approximately 16% lower than the national average.
- Residents enjoy more sunny days and fewer rainy days on average here when compared with the rest of the United States. However, seniors should know that Scottsbluff gets about 39 inches of snow annually, which could limit winter outdoor time for active seniors.
- Scottsbluff has a violent crime rate on par with that of the national average, but property crime here is significantly higher. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being high property crime, Scottsbluff rates a 58.9. The U.S. average is 35.4. Families with loved ones in assisted living here should ensure the facility has state-of-the-art security systems.
- The Scottsbluff area has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Aging Office of Western Nebraska (AOWN), which provides support through numerous programs to seniors living in the 11 counties of the Nebraska Panhandle.
- Single seniors in Scottsbluff who have an adjusted gross income of $43,000 or over are taxed on Social Security benefits in Nebraska. Those who receive a public or private pension pay taxes on those monies. Kiplinger's ranks Nebraska among its top 10 least tax-friendly states for retirees for these reasons and more.
- The Scottsbluff area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Regional West Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Scottsbluff
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Nebraska
Assisted Living costs in Scottsbluff start around $1,877 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Scottsbluff and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Scottsbluff
Medicaid-eligible seniors in Nebraska who qualify for nursing home care but prefer an assisted living facility may be eligible for the state’s Aged & Disabled Waiver. Not all ALFs accept this Medicaid-sponsored subsidy, however, so it’s important to find out each facility's Medicaid policy.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Nebraska page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Nebraska page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Scottsbluff
Scottsbluff and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Scottsbluff, please visit our Assisted Living in Nebraska page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Scottsbluff
Scottsbluff-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Nebraska are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Nebraska page for more information about these laws.