4 Assisted Living Facilities near Florence, CO
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Florence area, with 2 in Florence and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Florence is $2,600 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Florence. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Florence 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Florence, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Florence, CO
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Florence, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Florence
Florence has been a Tree City USA community for more than 30 years and seniors retiring to the city will find a beautiful city with plenty of shade. Around 3,500 people call this "great little town" home and more than 18 percent of the population is aged 65 and over. There are four assisted living facilities in the area catering to the senior population, which are administered by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Facilities that receive Medicaid reimbursements are referred to as alternative care facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Florence
- Florence has white winters, with 41 inches of snow falling on the city each year, 15 inches more than the national average. The average low temperature in January is 19 degrees and the average high in July is 89. Florence gets 264 sunny days annually, 59 more than the U.S. average, which can be appealing to seniors who enjoy the outdoors.
- The Florence area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Canon City.
Fremont County Transit offers public transport to residents of Florence. This door-to-door service must be scheduled in advance. Transport can be provided to some out-of-town appointments if required.
- Florence's overall crime rate of 15 crimes per 1,000 residents is safer than 50 percent of Colorado's other communities. The violent crime rate is 1.02, more than two points lower than the state average of 3.68. The property crime rate of 13.54 is around half the Colorado rate. This may reassure safety-conscious seniors.
- Sperling's index rates Florence's overall cost of living as 88. This is 12 points lower than the national average of 100, but it is mainly due to the low cost of housing. The cost of groceries is ranked seven points higher than the U.S. average and healthcare is five points lower. Seniors may be able to save money, depending on what their regular expenses are.
- Colorado, including Florence, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Florence
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Florence start around $2,600 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Florence and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Florence
Seniors in Florence may be eligible for financial assistance through the Home and Community-Based Services Waiver for persons who are Elderly, Blind, or Disabled (EBD). This program helps fund residents living in alternative care facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Florence
Florence and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Florence, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Florence
Florence-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Florence, CO
Other Options in Florence, CO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Florence
Review of Florence Care Home, Inc.
Florence Care Home is clean and well-staffed. Even the director was giving patient care. They have a variety of food on their menu. Everybody seemed to work together. The activities are vast. They ... Read more
Review of Forgetmenot Care Home
My wife moved into Forgetmenot Care Home a couple of weeks ago. It's more in line with what she needs and what I need. They have various card games and entertainment brought in periodically. They h... Read more