2 Assisted Living Facilities in Evergreen, CO
The average cost of assisted living in Evergreen is $5,430 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Golden with an average starting cost of $4,268.
To help you with your search, browse the 12 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Evergreen. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Evergreen 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Golden with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Evergreen, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Evergreen
Evergreen, Colorado is surrounded by picturesque mountain parks, trails and picnic areas, making it a good fit for senior residents who enjoy staying active in the great outdoors. There are two assisted living facilities in Evergreen and 23 additional communities nearby in Lakewood, Littleton and Golden. These facilities provide services to assist with daily living as well as room and board, but not all of them offer hospice care. Assisted living residences are licensed by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Evergreen
- Evergreen has a vibrant arts and culture scene thanks to an abundance of art galleries, the award-winning Evergreen Players theater production company and the Evergreen Centre for the Arts not to mention all the attractions in nearby Denver. Some assisted living facilities may offer supervised trips to shows and festivals.
- The cost of living in this city is scored at 169.3 compared to the national average of 100, whereas nearby Denver is scored at 144.2. Housing in Evergreen is expensive, costing three times the national average.
- Evergreen is a relatively quiet and safe community. Violent crime rates are a little lower than the national average, and property crime is significantly lower than the national average. Overall, Evergreen has about 43 percent less crime than neighboring Denver.
- Evergreen has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Littleton.
- Evergreen has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Seniors’ Resource Center (SRC), an organization that provides services to enhance the lives of older adults, including a Call-n-Ride bus service.
- The state of Colorado offers a senior property tax exception for eligible citizens who are 65 years or older and have occupied their residence for at least 10 consecutive years prior to January first of the year they apply.
Paying for Assisted Living in Evergreen
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Evergreen start around $5,430 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Evergreen and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Evergreen
Colorado’s Medicaid state plan, Health First Colorado, covers the cost of nursing home care and provides support for senior residents who choose to live at home. Those who prefer to remain at home can apply for the Elderly, Blind and Disabled (EBD) waiver to receive In-Home Support Services (IHSS). IHSS personal care, health maintenance and housekeeping services are tailored to each person, and plan recipients direct their own care by choosing the attendant who will help them.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Evergreen
Evergreen and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Evergreen, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Evergreen
Evergreen-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Evergreen
Review of Elk Run Assisted Living Community
My sister will be moving into the Elk Run Assisted Living Community. We've put a deposit down on a room. My mother-in-law stayed there as well, and she loved it. My sister and I go and do exercises... Read more
Review of Elk Run Assisted Living Community
Elk Run is beautiful; it's a nice place. The staff was very friendly. We also looked at the dining area and it seemed fine. The room we looked at was very nice, it was the perfect size, very clean,... Read more
Review of Life Care Center of Evergreen
We liked the environment at Life Care Center of Evergreen. The rooms were very nice. It had the size that I needed. It was very clean. The people were very nice. They had created an environment tha... Read more