4 Assisted Living Facilities in Pine Bluff, AR
Also serving communities of England, Monticello.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pine Bluff. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pine Bluff 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bryant with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pine Bluff, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Pine Bluff, AR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pine Bluff
Part of the Little Rock metro area, Pine Bluff is situated in the Arkansas Delta and stretches to the state's western timberlands. Seniors who like to be close to political action may enjoy living in the Jefferson County seat. Over 42,000 people live in Pine Bluff, and 14.2% of them are at least 65 years old. Some of these seniors may benefit from services, fitness programs and events held at the Pine Bluff Senior Center, and there are two assisted living facilities for seniors who need help with the tasks of daily living.
The Office of Long Term Care oversees these facilities in Arkansas, including Pine Bluff. Assisted living facilities are designated as Level I or Level II based on the level of care provided.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pine Bluff
- Income taxes in Pine Bluff and throughout Arkansas are quite low, and Social Security income is not taxed. However, sales taxes are relatively high, which can negatively impact seniors on a budget.
- The Pine Bluff area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Jefferson Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Pine Bluff is part of the Little Rock metro area, which is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities. That means its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The city's high crime rates may be a concern for family members considering relocation here. Pine Bluff's violent crime rate is 72.5, more than triple the U.S. average, while its property crime rate of 81.9 is more than twice the U.S. norm.
- At 48, Pine Bluff has an air quality score that's 10 points lower than the U.S. average, which may be a health concern for seniors battling asthma or COPD.
- Hot and humid summers reach average temperatures of 92 degrees in July, while the January low is 32, indicating a moderate winter with about two inches of annual snowfall. However, with 53 inches of rain each year, the city may sometimes be difficult for seniors with walkers and wheelchairs to navigate.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pine Bluff
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arkansas
Assisted Living costs in Pine Bluff start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pine Bluff and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pine Bluff
Seniors in Pine Bluff may be eligible for financial assistance through Arkansas' Living Choices Assisted Living Waiver program, a Medicaid Waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pine Bluff
Pine Bluff and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pine Bluff, please visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pine Bluff
Pine Bluff-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arkansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Pine Bluff, AR
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pine Bluff
Review of Arkansas Convalescent Center
The facility was very nice. They had lots of space in the foyer for the residents to sit and look outside, as well as a nice covered porch area for those who were able to sit outside and spend time... Read more
Review of Whispering Knoll
The facility is very nice. There is a lot of room for interaction both for the residents among themselves and with family members that come to visit. The staff is very friendly and cares deeply for... Read more