Waverly Park Healthcare Center

Reviews of Waverly Park Healthcare Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Waverly Park Healthcare Center

February 29, 2016

By Bonnie120292450

Mom was in Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation. It was very highly rated as far as the level of care; that’s why we chose it initially. It was a shared situation with just a curtain between the beds and I thought the rooms were very crowded. I think it was clean enough and didn’t smell bad. I thought the food looked good but my mom hated it. The staff was really hardworking, very pleasant, and very talented. I don’t think she got enough rehab, enough physical therapy, and occupational therapy that I was completely pleased with. The people they did have were fine but there were not enough people to provide the services that I thought should be provided. She would ring her button and the response time was not very good.

February 23, 2016

By Susan E.

My relative was at Park Avenue. They were OK. However, it seemed like they had a longer response-time. He had been there for a month. It wasn’t bad. People there were good. The community was a little hospital-ish. The common areas, and the furniture weren’t as nice. It was more worn or old-looking than the other facility.

December 03, 2012

By omgadino

Park Avenue is a very clean facility. The landscaping in the front was neatly groomed and the parking lot looked kept. When I toured the campus it had some construction going on which showed me that the owners are willing to put money back into the facility in order to enhance the experience for the residents. The administrator, whom I was observing, emphasized how safety for the residents is a major concern that's why many of the doors remained locked and have pass codes to get to the stair wells. This attention to detail must be greatly appreciated by the families of the residents so that they know their loved ones are taken care of and are happy. Many of the staff looked very busy but all seemed to be tending to residents. The receptionist at the front desk was very inviting and helpful. After meeting the department heads, I got the feeling that the building is ran by dedicated professionals who constantly look for the best way to make the building a top tier assisted care facility.

June 21, 2012

By VeganJem

At first this facility seemed really nice.. but as time went on, I realized it wasnt so great. It is very hard to get a hold of the social workers.. and at times the stations do not answer their phones, they do not answer call buttons quickly. My Dad was really unhappy in this place. The rooms are very TINY.. closets look like broom closets, bathroom was often not clean.. and the worse of all.. my Dad who is incontinent.. was only allowed 2 showers a week. We argued and fought about this issue cuz he wanted to be bathed DAILY, so we finally got ONE MORE shower.. woow.. I take two bathes a day.. I would feel so NASTY if I only took 2 or 3 a week.. They also gave insulin shots after the meal rather than before which is not recommended by doctors as the blood sugar isnt accurate after a meal. My Dad had a room that had a wire cage on the window to keep pigeons away.. understandable to keep pigeons away but, maybe use something else? it looks like looking out a prison window.. Dad kept saying he was in a prison.. Most of the caregivers and nurses were very nice.. so that is the one positive thing I would say.

Services and Amenities of Waverly Park Healthcare Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Waverly Park Healthcare Center

Waverly Park Healthcare Center is a senior living provider in Tucson, Arizona that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Waverly Park Healthcare Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Waverly Park Healthcare Center