Haven of Tucson

Reviews of Haven of Tucson

Nursing Home Reviews for Haven of Tucson

January 27, 2012

By Doggie Friend

I visit this facility on a regular basis as a hospice volunteer. My dog (which is a certified therapy dog) and I visit with assigned patients and also with anyone else who wants a visit with a dog.I have been impressed with the cleanliness and "good" smell of this facility. Unlike many, there is no odor of excessive sanitation materials nor ill and aging bodies. It is just a pleasant, clean smell.The caregivers all seem friendly and concerned about the residents. They always ask me to make sure the dog and I visit everyone who would enjoy us or needs some cheering up. As we walk through the halls, the dog and I are greeted by name and pointed out to the residents in the hallway to draw attention to us. The caregivers appear to want to make sure that even those residents who interact very little are alerted to some thing interesting in the environment.When we are there during mealtime the food looks excellent. The appearance and smell of the food makes me wish that I could share a meal with them. Of course, some of the residents want to share their food with the dog and I have to watch that they don't do so. There are well lighted and attractive dining rooms on both floors of the facility and the residents are encouraged to eat in them rather than in their rooms. The caregivers try to make sure that all of the residents interact as much as they are able.The grounds are well groomed and there is an enclosed area that the residents are able to use with little or no supervision if they choose. The facility as a whole is well kept up and the furnishings in the common areas are homelike, not industrial fake leather as in some others. Even the lobby entrance and waiting room are nicely decorated with ante-rooms off from the main area so that visitors can meet with residents without coping with either a hospital setting or strangers wandering past. I would recommend this facility to anyone who needed wither long or short term care.

Services and Amenities of Haven of Tucson

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2018

About Haven of Tucson

Haven of Tucson is a senior living provider in Tucson, Arizona that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Haven of Tucson for more details on services and rates.

Map of Haven of Tucson