Haven of Tucson

Reviews of Haven of Tucson

Nursing Home Reviews for Haven of Tucson

September 25, 2016

By JulesAZ

DO NOT LET ANYONE YOU CARE ABOUT GO HERE!! I went here for rehab after knee replacement surgery. The lobby looks nice, but they do not have adequate rehab supplies. (Only 1walker in the place, and no bedside toilet for my roommate with a broken hip. The staff was inexperienced and rude. I checked out 12 hours after checking in.

August 10, 2014

By Authentic Assessment

The care for my brother got worse as his condition deteriorated. From the beginning people were not reliable. The staff did not got my brother out of bed when he had incontinence.. The tech actually encouraged him to stay in bed because they were short staffed and it was too difficult to get two people to assist him. He got a bad skin wound because he wasn't turned or gotten out of bed. Medication was given inconsistently. The discharge procedures were awful. I had them print me a current medication list. There were medications on the list that he had stopped taking, and other medications that he wasn't given consistently. This inaccurate medication list caused such confusion for the nurses at the care giving company I hired who took care of him after he left Manor Care. The social worker/case manager was amiable but totally ineffective and unreliable. He said that they were going to put my brother on a scheduled, every two hour program to try to improve his incontinence situation, and that never happened. Trying to communicate by phone early morning (say 7 to 8 am or later), early to late evening (say 7 pm or later), and other times during the day was often a waste of time. If I was lucky and someone picked up the phone, the front desk person would repeatedly be unable to connect me with the staff person I was attempting to reach. Overall, it was an awful experience. Thankfully, there were a couple nurses that really cared and tried to be helpful, but unreliability was pervasive. Two more items, the food was worse than what my brother was served at St. Joseph Hospital! And they consistently lost his laundry, some never to be returned! My brother stayed there for six weeks!

June 19, 2013

By Lourdes2

When my mom fell at the assisted living home that she was in, she had a pelvic fracture and ended up at the hospital. When she was discharged, her doctor referred her to ManorCare Health Services because she was going to need physical therapy. My mom was there for only 20 days. It was a lot different than an assisted living facility, it was more gloomy because it was a nursing home. The place, the staff and the room were all mediocre. The rooms were okay and the space was very basic, nothing fancy. Their nursing staff also were very friendly. However, the food wasn't good, actually, it was really bad.

March 26, 2013

By fatheroften

I had my mother in law at ManorCare twice. First for a stroke recovery and then again for hip surgery recovery. The staff there treated her like a real VIP. WE are very satisfied with the care and teh responsiveness of all of the staff and the management. They are true compassionate professionals that take their calling very seriously.

September 24, 2012

By Leelu

I feel like there are many negative images of nursing homes and assisted living facilities. However, I thought that Manor Care was very nice. They had a receptionist that greeted us as soon as we walked in, and ask how she could help us. When we received the tour I though it was a very nice touch that every staff member we passed by smiled and said hello. The residents in the facility looked active, and well taken care of, and there were no strong odors (something that I specifically looked for) in the facility. The building did appear to be a little old (I do not recall when they said it was built), however, it was clean, and seemed very well maintained. The facility offered a nice activities program, and the menu also seemed like something my grandparents would like. I really appreciated how the staff focused on talking to my grandparents more so then me. I think that shows a high level of respect and professionalism. We did look at one other facility, but no longer even remember the name of it. Overall I was impressed with Manor Care.

January 27, 2012

By Doggie Friend

I visit this facility on a regular basis as a hospice volunteer. My dog (which is a certified therapy dog) and I visit with assigned patients and also with anyone else who wants a visit with a dog.I have been impressed with the cleanliness and "good" smell of this facility. Unlike many, there is no odor of excessive sanitation materials nor ill and aging bodies. It is just a pleasant, clean smell.The caregivers all seem friendly and concerned about the residents. They always ask me to make sure the dog and I visit everyone who would enjoy us or needs some cheering up. As we walk through the halls, the dog and I are greeted by name and pointed out to the residents in the hallway to draw attention to us. The caregivers appear to want to make sure that even those residents who interact very little are alerted to some thing interesting in the environment.When we are there during mealtime the food looks excellent. The appearance and smell of the food makes me wish that I could share a meal with them. Of course, some of the residents want to share their food with the dog and I have to watch that they don't do so. There are well lighted and attractive dining rooms on both floors of the facility and the residents are encouraged to eat in them rather than in their rooms. The caregivers try to make sure that all of the residents interact as much as they are able.The grounds are well groomed and there is an enclosed area that the residents are able to use with little or no supervision if they choose. The facility as a whole is well kept up and the furnishings in the common areas are homelike, not industrial fake leather as in some others. Even the lobby entrance and waiting room are nicely decorated with ante-rooms off from the main area so that visitors can meet with residents without coping with either a hospital setting or strangers wandering past. I would recommend this facility to anyone who needed wither long or short term care.

Services and Amenities of Haven of Tucson

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Haven of Tucson

Haven of Tucson is a senior living provider in Tucson, Arizona that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Haven of Tucson for more details on services and rates.

Map of Haven of Tucson