Alta Vista

Reviews of Alta Vista

Assisted Living Reviews for Alta Vista

June 28, 2016

By Bobette650218

They had lovely facilities and a nice dining room, but the price was just too much for me. Alta Vista is in its own little private area and has nice trees, but it’s really right in the city, so I wasn’t as impressed with it.

March 09, 2016

By Tracy20

I did not like Alta Vista at all. It was huge, and I lost my way inside. I could not find my way out of the building. I did not get a good feeling from it. It is also the most expensive facility in town. It looked dirty, and I did not find the rooms to be nice even though it's the most popular facility in town. It does not have that personal touch and looks like a factory.

January 19, 2016

By Scott32

Alta Vista was our favorite. It was set up more for senior living, so I thought it was a little better designed than other places. There were many programs designed by the staff, like outings, bus services, and that kind of thing. The rooms were a little bigger and more set up for senior living and had a little bit different feeling, than other places. Alta Vista is the place I would want to be.

Independent Living Reviews for Alta Vista

August 04, 2021

By Jean

Alta Vista in Prescott is too far for me. It would have been all right, but I don't drive that far anymore. I went to see their independent living. It's been weeks, but I know they had everything I wanted and everything I needed. It was just too expensive. The staff was excellent though.

Thank you Jean for taking the time to write a review. It is too bad Prescott is too far for you and we do understand that cost is a huge factor for many looking into senior living. We love hearing that our staff treated you so well! Good luck in finding the right community for you and if you need anything in the future please reach out to us!

June 03, 2021

By G.O.

We toured Alta Vista for myself and my husband, and it was absolutely beautiful. The apartment was just right, as far as how big it was for us. The food was wonderful. The people were nice and the apartments were beautiful. We only met two staff members, and they were a five. The food was delicious. The place is on a hill which makes it inconvenient for people to go up and down, but it is a beautiful place. It was well kept and well cleaned.

Thank you G.O. for your review! We are happy to hear that you and your husband came in to tour Alta Vista Senior Living and, that you were able to enjoy a meal! We are located on a hill and you are correct at times it is inconvenient to get up and down, but we do have a complimentary valet 7 days a week. If our valet is not outside please stop at front desk or call our main number as we have other team members to take you up and down the hill. We never want you to walk that hill! Please reach out to us if you have any questions regarding our community and we hope to see you again real soon!

March 18, 2021

By Dan

My experience with Alta Vista was great. The only issue I had with my visit is that I wasn't allowed to tour the place. I only got to see one room, and because of COVID, I wasn't allowed to tour. The lady I talked to was very informative, gave me anything I needed for information, and even followed up and sent some information I requested. That's the only person I talked to, so it was very good. The one apartment that I saw was OK. There was a snowstorm that came by, so they were just cleaning it up when I came in. I liked the apartment, but it was a bottom apartment, and my mom wouldn't like that. There was no view, no nothing, and it was kind of dark and dingy. I needed to see something that was going to be what she would actually be in. It would have been helpful. Because of COVID, their activities weren't as much, so I asked her for their pre-COVID activities, and she was going to send a list back to me, so I know what exactly it will be here in a couple of months. It was very informative. They don't really have a courtyard, so that was kind of disappointing. I walked around the building myself, and they had a little dog park, but no real areas to walk outside in. It's just a parking lot, but to make up for that, they also have a workout gym. My mom likes to walk, and she doesn't work out, so we'll have to find something better than that. That was one of the downsides.

Thank you Dan for your review. We love hearing that you had a great experience with us! It was unfortunate that you were not able to tour the entire community that day but we have protocols when dealing with COVID-19 and keeping our residents safe. Good news is you are able to tour now if you are fully vaccinated and we are happy to hear you have scheduled a complete tour with us. We have lots of residents who walk at our community and, while we do not have actual walking paths they enjoy the exercise they get when walking around the community grounds. Classes are offered in our fitness center, maybe mom would enjoy them and also meeting new friends. We are starting to schedule more activities for our residents, this includes transportation outside of the community to stores and other appointments. We are now fully vaccinated here at Alta Vista and are so excited to see our residents and families together again! Please let us know if we can do anything to assist you further in your search for mom.

October 02, 2020

By Christina

My overall experience with Alta Vista, so far, has been wonderful. I have only dealt with a few people and they have both been very helpful and very nice. My mom is in a 1-bedroom apartment. I haven't been in it itself but I have been in one of them that has been shown for planning out, and they looked really nice. They have a gym, a spa, a movie theater, two restaurants, and different activities, but my mom hasn't partake in anything because she is still in the quarantine part of it. The value for money is wonderful.

Thank you Christina for taking the time to review Alta Vista and for entrusting us with your mom! Hopefully your mom is off of quarantine soon so she can start enjoying all the activities we going on in the community! And we can't wait for you to be able to come in to see your mom's apartment once everything is lifted!

November 03, 2017

By Anonymous

We have friends at Alta Vista. It's clean and spacious and it's a good size. The food is good. The staff is very friendly. They know what they're talking about.

February 19, 2015

Alta Vista was very pleasant and had a very nice location and nice staff. It has a very rich ambiance, and there were happy people there. The staff had been very friendly and very courteous. It seemed a very active community with a lot of card playing, Bingo, socializing, and spending time together.

October 27, 2014

By Audrey15

Alta Vista was a very lovely place. If something happened to my husband, we probably would go there, but he's not ready. The staff was very pleasant. When I cancelled, they were very forgiving and they said "Come and see us anyway." They had good people there ,and I thought they were very caring and very pleasant. They had a nice bunch of people living there too. We ate in the several dining rooms and they had very good food. Some of the apartments I would say their rooms were challenged. In other words, you would face a blank wall, but they always had some areas that are open to a view, which was very nice. It was kind of an elevation so you could see some of the town. I thought there were a little more reasonable in their prices.

August 06, 2014

By blueyes4ever

I am in and out of the Alta Vista Community all the time and I will say the staff goes above and beyond to make sure residents and family are taken good care of. I will also say that it is policy for everyone that comes into the community to check in at the front desk. This is their home and people try all the time to just come in like they can do whatever they want when in actuality the lobby is the resident's home. I support the actions of the staff! They are amazing!!

June 24, 2013

By visitor Alta Vista facility

I had a very bad experience visiting this facility An extremely rude chunky woman probably in her fifties, who is supposedly a staff member at the visitors center (she did not introduce herself), approached to me and created a conflict. I would never recommend this place to my elderly friends and relatives. This woman was screaming in a rage: This is my building!, meaning that she can do what ever she wants, including being rude with visitors. I found this place unsafe and unpleasant because of this staff member. I can only guess how she allows behave with retired elderly people, who cannot just leave this place as I did.

June 21, 2012

By One checking out options

This is a new facility that offers senior apartment living and assisted living units. It is well thought out in the layout of units which come in a variety of sizes. It is open and airy with great views of the town and mountains. It is near downtown but very private and quiet. The staff is extremely helpful. The restaurants have the best food of any facility I have visited and a wider variety of offerings than in usual in this area. It is worth considering by those seeking maintenance-free apartment living or assisted living.

Memory Care Reviews for Alta Vista

• Housing Extra: 59 Capacity

• Dining Extra: 2 Restaurants

• Coffee Shop
  • Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Library, Activity Room, Dog Park, Private Balconies W/ Storage, Washer/Dryer In Il Apartments, Emergency Call System

• Tai Chi

• Memory Care Training

• Licenses: AL8370C
  • State Licenses: AL8370C

About Alta Vista

Alta Vista is Prescott’s Premier Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care senior living community.

Experience the freedom of life on your terms, and Alta Vista where upscale apartment homes and unparalleled services mirror the lifestyle of choice, that is the hallmark of Alta Vista Senior Living.

Located in the heart of one of America’s most-desired retirement locations, Alta Vista Senior Living represents the pinnacle of retirement living, by offering residents a lifestyle of choices that includes independent living, assisted living and memory care services for residents who appreciate the very finest hospitality-centered lifestyle designed with our residents’ interests and needs in mind.

Alta Vista's residents enjoy a maintenance-­free lifestyle that includes scheduled transportation, housekeeping, maintenance services and a 24­-hour emergency call system.

In addition to an abundance of services and amenities, Alta Vista’s team members complete extensive training in order to deliver the quality of service that has become the hallmark of Alta Vista’s reputation. If you have ever imagined a lifestyle that includes a private movie theater where you can see current release and your favorite oldies, complimentary valet services, restaurant, libraries, fitness center, and a private, enclosed dog park.

Features and Amenities Include:

• Minutes from the local YMCA
  • Conveniently located near state-of-the-art support services
  • A smoke-free environment
  • All utilities (except phone)
  • Bingo nights
  • Church services
  • Covered parking
  • Elevators
  • Emergency call response system in resident rooms
  • Extensive lobby, living areas & library
  • Fine, restaurant-style dining with a variety of menu options
  • Fireplaces
  • Fire/smoke alarm and sprinkler systems provided
  • Fitness and wellness center with exercise classes
  • Cooking demonstrations
  • Full calendar of activities
  • Full-time maintenance staff
  • Fully equipped electric kitchens
  • Grand nine-foot ceilings
  • Granite countertops and backsplash with tile flooring in every kitchen
  • Guest speakers on topics of interest
  • Happy hours and other social events
  • Month-to-month rentals, no buy-ins required
  • On-campus walking paths
  • Pet friendly apartments – pets welcome!
  • Private balconies with storage
  • Salon/barber shop with spa services
  • Scheduled transportation

We would like to invite you to Schedule a Tour and join us for Lunch!

Alta Vista is a “family owned” business and not a corporation.

Map of Alta Vista