Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

Offers Memory Care

9045 West Athens, Peoria, AZ 85382
Pacifica Senior Living Peoria (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 6 days

Concession of $500 off for three months totaling $1500. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

By Kathy Moore

Pacifica and their staff do such a great job of keeping my Mom active and feeling at home. The staff genuinely cares for their residents. We feel very fortunate to have found Pacifica.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

By Needed Memory Care

On behalf of my brother and sister, we all were impressed with the facilities and people at Pacifica and are comfortable (and relieved) that our Mom is in safe hands. The grounds are secure, there are engaging activities, a feeling of community, and there is also privacy for the residents.

By Daughter-Mom is resident

We have been so happy having our mom cared for here. The grounds are different than any other place we looked at. The residents are able to walk in or outside and still be safe. The staff do a great job caring for your loved ones. The Director Erin is always pleasant and ready to help! The activities are great and they always have music concerts for the residents to enjoy. We love this place!

Hi Daughter-mom Is Resident, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Peoria. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

By Found a happy place

My mother is a current resident and she is very happy all the time. The staff are amazing and take such good care of her. The executive team is incredible. Everyone goes above and beyond to make residents and family members feel that they are part of the family. Steve, the activities director is such an amazing person and makes sure everyone has the chance to participate in daily activities and special events like, concerts, BBQ, exercise programs and countless other activities. The cottages feel like a home and not a hospital. The grounds are amazing and the residents can go outside any time or take part in activities all within the safety of the large gated yard. I have visited many different senior facilities and this one is well above the rest.

Found A Happy Place, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

By Steve

Great Executive Director and team of professionals who care about your loved one.

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Peoria. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

By Kevin H

My wife, unfortunately, had to find a place to live. She left a mental health hospital that said they would help her in 3 to 5 days, but was kicked out because of COVID after 28 days. She came here and I couldn’t be happier. I’ve spent considerable time on the property (following all of their kinda hugely specific protocols, but I totally understand). Because she was my wife, of 31 years, they gave me a bit more involvement / contact. I got to see ‘ behind the scenes’ and love this staff! Not sure I can write their names, but they are amazing!! The executive director is awesome, and I love the people she hires. Unfortunately, great employees move on to other jobs (not many, but you grow to love some of them). She keeps bringing in quality people. I personally think the buildings are a bit outdated, but I couldn’t care less. The care they give my wife is what matters. My mom (from Kansas) needs to come here!!

Hello, thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience here; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put resident experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

May 02, 2021

By Daughter of Doreen

My mom moved into Pacifica @ Peoria in the beginning of 2021. Somehow the staff has turned a difficult time into positive days for my mom. My mom is making friends, engaging in group activities, enjoying time outside, sleeping good & looking happy. All staff seems genuine, knowledgeable, engaged, supportive & caring. It means the world to see my mom being successful & engaged. Dementia is not kind or easy. Being able to solely focus on enjoying my mom because I can see she's being cared for is gift. Questions asked: 1. rooms/complex; older but cared for & clean 2. interactions with staff; professional & engaged 3. activities; silver sneakers, crafts, live music & dancing, gardening, family functions, holiday events & more coming as Covid starts to be behind us 4. amenities; inside their community fence there is huge area of soft grass with level walkways, shade from the big trees makes it enjoyable to sit outside in comfortable furniture & pretty gazebo.

Hi Daughter Of Doreen, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Peoria. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

January 25, 2021

By Vicki

My father will be moving into Pacifica Senior Living Peoria. I like the cottage style living. It's very green, there are a lot of trees, and a lot of grass. It's not xeriscaped like most of the places that I toured. It is literally within walking distance from my mother's house, so during the holidays we'll be able to go over and see him, or once COVID is over we'll be able to pick him up and take him over to Mom's house. We weren't able to walk the grounds, but basically we met the people in the office face-to-face and talked, and they took us on a virtual tour of the facility. We had pictures so we could show my father. They have four different levels there of memory care and he's at the top. He has sundowners, so as long as he's on medication he's fine, but he gets a little confused every once in a while. For the most part he's very high functioning. He can drive himself, and he can feed himself. He walks and feeds his dogs. It's just he can't live by himself. The staff is great. They have a lot of activities. I've been there a couple of times now. The other day, when I was there, it was National Cupcake Day, and they had taken sugar-free cupcakes to all the residents. Today is Ugly Sweater Day and everybody dressed up in ugly sweaters. They have a lot of activities for the residents to do. It's not like Dad is just gonna be sitting in his room doing nothing. I met the director and the salesperson. I briefly met staff as they were walking by. The sales director introduced me to people. The other day when I was there it was close to dinnertime and the food just smelled amazing and they cooked everything from scratch. It made me hungry sitting there. The staff was very helpful.

Vicki, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

November 04, 2020

By Russ Rohr

I was a resident at Pacifica four three weeks recovering from two strokes and three mini strokes. The nurses were excellent, the facility was very comfortable, the food was great and I was allowed to progress at a pace very appropriate for my personal needs and wishes.

October 17, 2020

By last one left

When looking for a place for Sis I found Pacifica had a very homey, comfortable feel. I loved the large gated area for residents to get outside and walk. The Peoria facility is a little older than some but then I wanted a family feeling not a commercialized atmosphere. The staff has always been helpful but the longer my sister is there the more family, caring, and emotional connection is felt. If I ever have any concerns they are resolved quickly and to my satisfaction.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service and care to every resident and their families. We are so are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Peoria. Thank you again, we hope that you have a wonderful day.

October 15, 2020

By CRayE

This is a great facility! We moved my mother here a while back after she had issues at another home. She has been happy here and we can see the improvement! They have people that know about my mom's problem with dementia and they take the best care of her, she has made many new friends here and we would never consider moving her! The staff is always friendly and helpful, we (my siblings and I) feel very comfortable with my mother being here! They have gone out of their way to accommodate us and our mother for which we are most grateful! Thank you Pacifica! We really like our relationship with you!

Craye, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

October 05, 2020

By T.

I'd like to share how impressed and happy I am that you have sent a caring, kind, professional employee like Selena. She is always so caring and listens with a kind heart when I call and she is so sweet and patient and willing to help. I am so relieved when she answers the phone because I know my concerns for mom will be taken care of.

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your review and your kind words regarding Selena. Your opinion is very important to us, we will be sure to share with her. We truly appreciate you and your review. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day.

September 21, 2020

By sleer

Good morning, I am taking this time to write to you about Steve. He is so kind and considerate when it comes to visitation. I wanted you to be aware of what he did. Even though he cancelled all the 11am slots (for obvious reasons) when I let him know my sister and niece were coming into town and wanted to see my mom Steve made an exception and opened up the 11am time slot--not only did he do that he brought my mom out early so my sister and niece got to spend almost a full 45 minutes visiting. This meant so much to my family that Steve went above and beyond to ensure my sister and niece had an awesome visit. He is a true asset to Pacifica and I appreciate all he does. Thanks! Susan Ross

February 12, 2020

By Elaine2girls

My mom was there just a little over 9 months due to Alzheimers, in that time she had 4 ambulance calls and a total of 7 injuries that no staff ever could explain how injuries happened. She suffered 2 head injuries withing 2 months of each other that needed stitches. We spoke to the director and nursing staff time and again with no results. Many times we would visit mom and find no caregiver or 1 coming in from outside with as many as 14 residents unattended. The food was all processed and unappetizing, residents were left unchanged for hour and hydration was not a priority to staff. I would not recommend this facility, I had to give 1 star only for review. We have moved mom. Please do not take your loved on here.

We're sorry your experience didn't match your expectations. Please feel free reach out with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share.

February 06, 2020

By Dean, Harley, and Murphy

I bring dogs to visit once a week. Everyone is very friendly and the residents all look like they are well taken care of. We enjoy visiting here.

June 19, 2019

By Sue

We chose Pacifica Senior Living Peoria because they separated their population according to functionality and I didn't see that in the other two places we toured. It felt like home rather than a facility. I like the ratio of caregivers to residents and the programs available. It was the best fit for Mom. The food is good. We had eaten lunch there several Sundays, and she likes it. They have concerts at least once a week, they have activities in the common areas like coloring, bingo and group activities, they have movies in the main area, and special occasion brunches where family and friends are invited, like Mother's Day. It's a family friendly place.

Hi Sue, thank you for sharing your positive review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your perspective. We are extremely proud of our compassionate, skilled staff and will share your review with them. We hope you have a wonderful day.

September 08, 2018

By D V

Take your loved ones elsewhere!! Pacifica is beautiful and clean however the caregivers are horrible!!! They made numerous errors with my mother's medicine and we’re very rude! They wouldn’t knock before entering a room, yell at residents and were not competent. My mother had two fentanyl patches on at one time and that was the last straw!

D V, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and we regret to find out that this was not the case. We have not had a resident with fentanyl patches for over two years, so we would like to discuss this review with you. We would like to have a better understanding about your experience. Please reach out to us at your earliest convenience and we will do our best to resolve this with you.

August 28, 2018

By JosetteC

Excellent service! Thanks to all caregivers, medtech and staff, my husband is well taken care of and healthier than when he arrived at Pacifica. This has become home to him and he's very happy! Also, I want to thank the executive director Deatra for always being there for the residents.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. We are very proud of our community and support staff. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions.

August 27, 2018

By ShirleyCi

Everyone I asked for directions or information was friendly, helpful and always with smiles. Beautiful facility.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Peoria. We appreciate it & hope to see you again!

November 17, 2017

By tywife J

I love everytime I come into this place the staff are so welcoming and seem like they enjoy what they do. The residents seem to be happy too.

Thank you so much for your positive review!

May 31, 2017

By pn081177

I have been to Pacifica Senior Living Peoria many times. I do shows, and we have been there for years entertaining those folks. The caregivers are exceptional. The people seem happy and safe, and the staff seem to communicate well.

We love having you come and visit and we thank you for your positive review! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience.

May 25, 2016

By Sherry077571

We visited Pacifica Senior Living. I liked this community, which is my second choice. I like that once you bring somebody in, they stay at that same cost for the rest of their lives. I didn’t see many activities, but I did see a lot of people sitting around watching TV. I saw the caregivers with the residents. I thought the rooms were small. It would just fit a bed and didn't have a closet. The amenities for the individual rooms were quite small. Residents are in a pod, so their dining room is for each pod. It is the central common area is the dining room, the living room, and the hang out room. They have a kitchen facility right in the pod, so if someone wants something different, they can adjust to whatever the residents want.

Thank you for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and memory care program. We recently started a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents and their interesting activities. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). If you want to see the activities they are engaging in it is a great way to stay involved.

January 17, 2016

By Jody9

My father is currently at Pacifica Senior Living Peoria. It's very clean and well kept. I like the setup of the building. I also like that the lawn is green with trees, so he can go outside and be out. My father says that he does try to get involved and watches TV.

Hi, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

October 29, 2015

By Kelly32

I’m glad I found Pacifica Senior Living; they do a fantastic job. They don’t restrict my dad’s wandering; they wander with him, so I am sure he is very happy there. The nice thing about it is when my dad wants to go outside, he gets up and goes outside. He can walk all around the two buildings that he’s at, which is about a quarter mile of sidewalk for him. It is perfect for him, and it is the least expensive of the three places that I looked at. It’s very nice and clean. The staff is very caring and very helpful; the RN there is very competent. If there are all 12 residents and the cottage is full, there’s 6:1 ratio of caregivers to people. Right now, because all the rooms aren’t full in my dad’s cottage, it’s 5:1, so he never has to wait very long if he needs anything. I was impressed with the whole place. I’ve been there when they’re serving and cooking. There’s a chef there who does the cooking for seven cottages. It smells fantastic, and my dad cleans his plate every time, so I think it’s safe to say the food is good. It has a lot of activities; they don’t just sit around and watch television. They have an Oktoberfest coming up soon, where they’re inviting everybody to come to that. I visited several places, and they just stood out in all the issues and questions that I had.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review. We appreciate it!

May 06, 2015

By Tricia11

We chose Pacifica Senior Living for my grandfather because of the cleanliness, the friendliness, and the activities that they do with the individuals. So far, it has been very good and very pleasant. He has a private room, but they also have shared rooms available. The staff is wonderful. They actually seem like they care to be there and want to be there to help the people.

June 27, 2014

By Caring85198450

My wife will be moving to Pacifica on the 28th. They have cottages with 10 people per cottage. They’re undergoing a $33M renovation, and this is the first cottage that’s finished. There is a dining room and living room area with TV in every cottage. They’re enclosed; the only lock is on the outside fence. There’s no lock except the outside doors, as opposed to the a lot of places that have interior locks between halls. This is just completely open. Each cottage has a patio that’s like the old Western stuff where they have a big veranda or porch. There are individual bathrooms in every room as opposed to communal showers. The staff treated me exceptionally well. They’ve got some experienced caregivers. One lady has 11 years in there, so I guess it can’t be too bad. They take people shopping and they took them to the butterfly museum. Most of the residents I saw during the two times I was there seemed like happy campers, which is as much as you can expect from Alzheimer’s patients. They also had an ice cream/root beer social, and everybody was having a good time.

Hi Caring85198450! We're so happy we were able to help you out!

February 26, 2014

By Disappointment

I was impressed with Pacifica but they couldn’t accept my father. The lady I was working with, Divia, went out of her to help us understand some of what was going on with the disease and with my father. The facility was set up in cottage type situations, the residents have their own bedrooms but there were common areas like, a kitchen area with a staff round the clock. It had a home like setting and feel. I would recommend that others check it out for their family member.

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback.

September 24, 2013

By Harold8

My wife had her respite care at Pacifica Senior Living and she was comfortable there. The facility was very clean. They put her in the appropriate level and she fit in with the activities that they had.

Thank you for your review.

July 14, 2013

By RitaS

My sister & I thought the facility was very nicely laid out. The employees were friendly and pleasant. We found out that many of them had been there a long time, which was nice to hear. The cottages house only 15 people each, so the caregivers get to know the residents better. It is also a continuing care facility, so as our Mom gets weaker, she is placed in a higher care cottage all the way through to hospice. They accept state aide, if that is needed in the future.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, we are now under new management and invite you back for a tour. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!
See all Memory Care reviews (37) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our Cottages are staffed with awake staff 24/7 based on the care levels and needs of the population of residents within our community.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Peoria offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Peoria use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Peoria keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Peoria. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a very nice quiet residential neighborhood.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Peoria affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with all local hospitals.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: AL6980

• Get Costs

About Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

At Pacifica Senior Living Peoria, we provide expert memory care in Peoria, AZ, including services for individuals with Alzheimer's disease, dementia or related memory impairments. Being in a warm and comfortable yet specialized environment allows residents to thrive to the best of their abilities. From cozy rooms, to peaceful gardens and home-cooked meals, you have peace of mind knowing your loved one is at a home away from home at our Peoria memory care community.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Peoria