Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

Offers Memory Care

9045 West Athens, Peoria, AZ 85382
Pacifica Senior Living Peoria (800) 385-2527
Important COVID-19 Information Last updated: 5/18

For the safety of our residents and associates, we are only conducting Virtual Tours. It is a different time in our community and it is our mission to provide love and care for those that call us home. Please give us a call to discuss your needs.

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

August 27, 2018

By KristineH - Hospice Provider

The staff are very professional and attentive to the residents needs. They are always able to answer my questions and keep me informed of any concerns and needs. Thank you all!!!

Hi, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! We always strive to provide top quality service to every guest, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Peoria!

November 17, 2017

By tywife J

I love everytime I come into this place the staff are so welcoming and seem like they enjoy what they do. The residents seem to be happy too.

Thank you so much for your positive review!

May 31, 2017

By pn081177

I have been to Pacifica Senior Living Peoria many times. I do shows, and we have been there for years entertaining those folks. The caregivers are exceptional. The people seem happy and safe, and the staff seem to communicate well.

We love having you come and visit and we thank you for your positive review! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience.

May 25, 2016

By Sherry077571

We visited Pacifica Senior Living. I liked this community, which is my second choice. I like that once you bring somebody in, they stay at that same cost for the rest of their lives. I didn’t see many activities, but I did see a lot of people sitting around watching TV. I saw the caregivers with the residents. I thought the rooms were small. It would just fit a bed and didn't have a closet. The amenities for the individual rooms were quite small. Residents are in a pod, so their dining room is for each pod. It is the central common area is the dining room, the living room, and the hang out room. They have a kitchen facility right in the pod, so if someone wants something different, they can adjust to whatever the residents want.

Thank you for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and memory care program. We recently started a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents and their interesting activities. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). If you want to see the activities they are engaging in it is a great way to stay involved.

January 17, 2016

By Jody9

My father is currently at Pacifica Senior Living Peoria. It's very clean and well kept. I like the setup of the building. I also like that the lawn is green with trees, so he can go outside and be out. My father says that he does try to get involved and watches TV.

Hi, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

October 29, 2015

By Kelly32

I’m glad I found Pacifica Senior Living; they do a fantastic job. They don’t restrict my dad’s wandering; they wander with him, so I am sure he is very happy there. The nice thing about it is when my dad wants to go outside, he gets up and goes outside. He can walk all around the two buildings that he’s at, which is about a quarter mile of sidewalk for him. It is perfect for him, and it is the least expensive of the three places that I looked at. It’s very nice and clean. The staff is very caring and very helpful; the RN there is very competent. If there are all 12 residents and the cottage is full, there’s 6:1 ratio of caregivers to people. Right now, because all the rooms aren’t full in my dad’s cottage, it’s 5:1, so he never has to wait very long if he needs anything. I was impressed with the whole place. I’ve been there when they’re serving and cooking. There’s a chef there who does the cooking for seven cottages. It smells fantastic, and my dad cleans his plate every time, so I think it’s safe to say the food is good. It has a lot of activities; they don’t just sit around and watch television. They have an Oktoberfest coming up soon, where they’re inviting everybody to come to that. I visited several places, and they just stood out in all the issues and questions that I had.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review. We appreciate it!

May 06, 2015

By Tricia11

We chose Pacifica Senior Living for my grandfather because of the cleanliness, the friendliness, and the activities that they do with the individuals. So far, it has been very good and very pleasant. He has a private room, but they also have shared rooms available. The staff is wonderful. They actually seem like they care to be there and want to be there to help the people.

June 27, 2014

By Caring85198450

My wife will be moving to Pacifica on the 28th. They have cottages with 10 people per cottage. They’re undergoing a $33M renovation, and this is the first cottage that’s finished. There is a dining room and living room area with TV in every cottage. They’re enclosed; the only lock is on the outside fence. There’s no lock except the outside doors, as opposed to the a lot of places that have interior locks between halls. This is just completely open. Each cottage has a patio that’s like the old Western stuff where they have a big veranda or porch. There are individual bathrooms in every room as opposed to communal showers. The staff treated me exceptionally well. They’ve got some experienced caregivers. One lady has 11 years in there, so I guess it can’t be too bad. They take people shopping and they took them to the butterfly museum. Most of the residents I saw during the two times I was there seemed like happy campers, which is as much as you can expect from Alzheimer’s patients. They also had an ice cream/root beer social, and everybody was having a good time.

Hi Caring85198450! We're so happy we were able to help you out!

February 26, 2014

By Disappointment

I was impressed with Pacifica but they couldn’t accept my father. The lady I was working with, Divia, went out of her to help us understand some of what was going on with the disease and with my father. The facility was set up in cottage type situations, the residents have their own bedrooms but there were common areas like, a kitchen area with a staff round the clock. It had a home like setting and feel. I would recommend that others check it out for their family member.

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback.

September 24, 2013

By Harold8

My wife had her respite care at Pacifica Senior Living and she was comfortable there. The facility was very clean. They put her in the appropriate level and she fit in with the activities that they had.

Thank you for your review.

July 14, 2013

By RitaS

My sister & I thought the facility was very nicely laid out. The employees were friendly and pleasant. We found out that many of them had been there a long time, which was nice to hear. The cottages house only 15 people each, so the caregivers get to know the residents better. It is also a continuing care facility, so as our Mom gets weaker, she is placed in a higher care cottage all the way through to hospice. They accept state aide, if that is needed in the future.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, we are now under new management and invite you back for a tour. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

June 29, 2011

By leezee

When my father in law was diagnosed with onset dementia, it was both devastating and a relief in that, finally we knew why he was doing and acting in some of the ways he was. It is such a complex issue that my husband and I, including his siblings, could only try to rationalize, without knowing why. Once diagnosed, it was he who said, "Well, I'm probably going to need some help." My husbands sister and brother flew down to Arizona from Washington three weekends in a row to help scout and tour facilities. As the child of a person diagnosed with dementia, care is of the utmost concern, good quality care in a place you can trust because you can't, regardless of what you think, be there 24 hours a day. The first weekend out we toured about six facilities. Encore was one of them. We all agreed instantly to fall in love with the cottage-type settings, how they grouped residents with the same needs or should I say, level of care, together. My father in law was in the early stages (onset) and was still doing a lot of things on his own. He still liked shopping and reading books and magazines, still loved playing with his cats and taking walks. He's in his mid-eighties and you'd think he was in his sixties. What I also liked, personally, was Encore's "color coordination" of rooms/cottages. Bushes and bright green trees everywhere. Staff EVERYWHERE. Smiling staff at that, people who seemed well educated and caring. Sometimes when a person chooses to work in this field, frustration seems like a better term. I didn't meet, come across or speak to one person who seemed frustrated. There seemed to be enough staff around so one over many doesn't take the full burden. Tons of family resources and a brochure that names names. Which I also like. If you have an issue with any certain aspect, you have the exact director/facilitators name. Friendly place! p.s. The office gal is a doll. Really explains everything and knows her stuff.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.
See all Memory Care reviews (20) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have sufficient staff to meet needs and requirements of the population of residents within our community.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Peoria offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Peoria use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Peoria keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Peoria. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a very nice quiet residential neighborhood.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Peoria affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with all local hospitals.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: AL6980

• About Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

At Pacifica Senior Living Peoria, we provide expert memory care in Peoria, AZ, including services for individuals with Alzheimer's disease, dementia or related memory impairments. Being in a warm and comfortable yet specialized environment allows residents to thrive to the best of their abilities. From cozy rooms, to peaceful gardens and home-cooked meals, you have peace of mind knowing your loved one is at a home away from home at our Peoria memory care community.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Peoria