The Peaks, A Senior Living Community

Reviews of The Peaks, A Senior Living Community

Assisted Living Reviews for The Peaks, A Senior Living Community

April 18, 2012

By ABKID

This assisted living was incredible. I have no negative things to say about my experience. The staff were extremely helpful and the rooms that were at the facility were nothing short of gorgeous, Flat screens, private balconies, and a personal staff. The food from the kitchen was good and my mom enjoyed the hearty roast beef that they served for dinner one night. The gym was very large and housed numerous different machines to help with physical therapy. My mother especially enjoyed knitting and crafting with some fellow friends she met at the facility. The weather is flagstaff is always beautiful and always comforting to someone who has to recover. Overall this is one of the best nursing homes that I have experienced lately and would highly recommend this facility to anyone in this area looking for good care, and comfort for their loved one.

Nursing Home Reviews for The Peaks, A Senior Living Community

May 10, 2016

By RelativeTOJSF

My dad is in The Peaks. There seems to be plenty of staff, and they get to see a doctor every day. He has dementia, so there's not much socializing for him.

April 18, 2015

By Susan104900150

I had an excellent impression of The Peaks. The food was excellent; the rooms were beautiful. They’re bungalows, and in the lodge, they have more intensive care. It’s within 2 minutes of the major hospital in town, but there is also a hospital on site and a beauty salon.

January 06, 2015

By Fay2

My friend was at The Peaks for rehab, and after two weeks they set her up in a studio apartment there. She is in it now, and she is doing very well. She has gone from not being able to walk without assistance to a walker to walking with a cane, and she tends to be able to walk without a cane. But I do not like their rehab because this lady that I knew -- she had a back problem -- needed her bed to be raised, and she was in a bed that automatically would raise. Something went wrong with the mechanism, and they said that as soon as someone else moved out that they would replace her bed with theirs, but no one ever moved out, so she had to lay flat on her back. It is a beautiful facility, and their dining room is great where you go in and sit down, they have a menu to choose from, and their food is very good. I just don't like their rehab. I don't know if they have any nurses, but their help is not trained to put the patient first. They can improve by answering the patient when they turn their lights on and being there for them, but the staff and the nurses all -- with exception of one or two of them -- all seemed to be very friendly.

September 30, 2013

By lightelk

Both my Mother and Father live at The Peaks. They started in The Bungalows which is true independent living and need to move to The Lodge where they receive more care each day. The staff is great. However, what makes The Peaks wonderful for my parents is the friendships they have with other residents.

August 02, 2011

By Nonslid

Entered this very pleasing structure. They have separate facilities - one for Independant Living, one for Assisted living (divided into Assisted Living and Memory Care) there is also a Skilled Nursing Care facility. I went to the Assisted Living facility which is called The Lodge. This is a very friendly, clean facility. The residents seemed happy i.e. I noticed alot of the residents together - there was no exclusion of others. One group noticed a resident alone and 2 or them approached the resident and started talking and laughing with her. She was not just invited to join the group but made to feel as if she "belonged" there. They shared stories with each other and details of their lives etc. When the lone resident felt comfortable and accepted by the 2 other residents then they invited her to join the others with them. I felt that this was a very nice way to include someone in a larger group. what I liked most about this facility was as a resident needs increased they were not immeditely moved to another place but could remain in their own apt. where she/he felt comfortable and familiar and their increased needs were met . A resident did not seem to feel a burden nor upset over being "moved". In one instant the resident did not even seem to realize the increase in care needed. It was a very reassuring atmosphere all the way around for a resident there.

Services and Amenities of The Peaks, A Senior Living Community

About The Peaks, A Senior Living Community

The Peaks, A Senior Living Community is a senior living provider in Flagstaff, Arizona that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Nursing Homes. Contact The Peaks, A Senior Living Community for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Peaks, A Senior Living Community