Brookdale Flagstaff

2100 South Woodlands Village Blvd., Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Brookdale Flagstaff (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 13 days

Independent and Assisted Living new residents receive $500 off the 1st full month and 4th full month - free Base Rent. Must take financial possession by 1/31//2020. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Brookdale Flagstaff

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Flagstaff

September 30, 2015

By Gypsy2

Brookdale is a lot less expensive than the other facilities. It is really homey looking. The staff is friendly, and it seems to be really clean. They have all stuffs going on for the residents. They do bingo and games in the living room area. My aunt is in the memory care unit. She did not participate because she is not able.

May 28, 2015

We were ready to go into Brookdale Flagstaff (Emeritus at Flagstaff). Payment was done, and then all of a sudden, they told us my sister was denied. When I went back, I was hoping to meet the people that I had talked to previously. Nobody was around to explain what happened. We liked it because the personnel there were very friendly and very helpful. The facility itself is very nice and clean. It wasn’t big or very many clients, but I thought it was very nicely done the way it was operated. I like that besides it being closer to home. They have a lot of activity schedules for the week from yoga to different types of exercises to board games to guest speakers coming in. I thought it would be very beneficial for my sister because it would get her out a little bit more and begin to socialize. I like the idea of family visiting and spending the day with her or taking her out. We ate there; I thought the meal was excellent. It wasn’t that large of a meal, but it was very filling, and it was restaurant-style. Even the dessert was very good. I like that we could order what we wanted. I like the idea that if she doesn’t want to go down that they would take her food to her in her room, but I think that was for a limited number of times; otherwise, she’d be charged for it.

May 03, 2015

By Melissa22

My insurance company only gave us a few choices, and Brookdale was one of them. The staff is very supportive and interacts with the visitors. It’s clean and designed for someone with memory care problems. My mother-in law shares a room, and the food is fine, but it does not appeal to me much.

April 29, 2015

Brookdale Flagstaff is down the street from my house. The rooms were clean and bright, the dining room was very pretty, and the staff was very friendly. The facility is well kept. There's a nice garden, and there are several nice outdoor spaces for the residents. They also have bingo, scrabble, exercises, and arts and crafts.

March 07, 2015

By gfilleman

The people working at Emeritus are very friendly and helpful. It is nice, clean, and homey. The accommodation is fine and adequate. The food varies though. It was really good when he first got there. Then they got a new cook, and he had complaints about it, but old people seem to complain about food. They have several activities like they go out and they have things come in.

November 23, 2014

My loved one has been in an ALF at Emeritus. He has been there almost two months now. The first room he was in was very nice; he had it by himself. However, his dementia has deteriorated, so they moved him into an Alzheimer's unit, and he's not happy there. He is sharing a room, and things are so different that it bothers him quite a bit. The staff though for the most part is very helpful. I have eaten at their ALF dining area, and the food was good. They have two different dining halls. One is in the assisted living area, and that's pretty good size; in that unit, people actually get a small menu that they can decide on and make some choices in what they have for a meal. In the dementia area, they do not get that choice. My loved one doesn't find that satisfactory. Regarding activities, there is a library, but it doesn't seem to get used at all. There is a program for Bible study, and for some limited exercises, mostly seated exercises. As far as I know, all of those activities take place in the assisted living section. I haven't witnessed any activities in the dementia area. One of the best things about Emeritus is that every staff member calls every resident by name.

April 10, 2014

I had a good visit at Emeritus. They were interesting because they were very welcoming. The facility was fine and nice. The rooms were nice and clean. I liked that they had a restaurant style of dining area, where patrons could pick what they wanted, and it looked really great. However, it was not what we were looking right now.

November 24, 2011

By Emmyrose

Other

This a beautiful medium sized facility. It is built like a large two story house. they have 45 independent and assisted apartments and 13 memory care. The building and grounds are well maintained. They have shrubs, tall pines and greenery.There is a nice garden area. The apartments are efficiencies. alcoves, studios, one and two bedrooms. The kitchens are partial. All are handicapped equipped. Each resident has optition for a life pendant. They have a nice lobby with large windows, a community rooms, sitting area with stone fireplace, tv room, dining room. and library. The memory care has a separate dining room. They serve three meals and snacks a day restaurant style. The food is very good. They offer housekeeping and linen service. They have an enclosed yard with patios and walking paths. They have a house doctor who comes and on call. All caregivers and med techs are certified. They do transport to appointments. They utilize lots of nursing services in community, They have nurse on duty and on call. They do lots of activities as bingo, movies, exercises, arts and crafts, cards, birthday parties, and entertainment. They do lots of outings as shopping, restaurants, and events. This is a nice, caring community.

August 02, 2011

By Nonslid

I was impressed by how the facility treats the residents with respect and acknowledges that just because a person is "old" it does not mean that they are useless and do not have intelligence. for example: in an occupational therapy setting several residents were making a rather simple craft project; a couple of the residents felt that they were being treated like "children" with such a simplistic project. They were encouraged to discuss their ideas of projects and to share their experiences with crafts. The person in charge of the group took them serious and encouraged them to discuss their project, give a list of supplies needed and instructions and set up a date on the scheduale where the resident would "teach " the group. This showed validation of the resident and encouraged creativiy of other residents. Plus a sharing of ideas and an open mindedness of the staff member.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Flagstaff

Questions about Brookdale Flagstaff

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Providing excellent dementia care is a complex task that requires ongoing guidance and teaching for Clare Bridge associates. All associates receive initial and on-going training in proper techniques, approach and care of persons with dementia. All executive directors also attend Brookdale’s Clare Bridge Leadership Competency Training.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Flagstaff offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We know that every resident has unique dreams and passions that continue to grow throughout life. That is why we work to create a place that goes well beyond physical support-to a socially connected community with opportunities to challenge the mind, lift the spirits, revitalize purpose and nurture the heart. We call this Optimum Life and believe it provides the ultimate in senior health & wellness. And, everyone can live one-regardless of challenges that may come with age. Our award winning, evidence-based programs provide a customized, integrated pallet of opportunities designed to support the pursuit of living well. At its foundation is the ability to maximize functional abilities. Our Brookdale B-Fit exercise program is designed with that as the goal. This cutting edge program encompasses the latest research & guidelines for seniors to provide a fun, holistic and stimulating exercise experience that we customize to accommodate the needs and challenges of each resident’s abilities.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Flagstaff exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

A great meal is one of life’s simple pleasures. At Brookdale, we believe dining well is part of living well. You'll enjoy restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals in an elegant dining room. Each day features a three course meal with an appetizer, main course and dessert, along with a variety of menu options that changes daily. Brookdale's Culinary Arts Institute is a professional development program designed to enhance the food preparation and presentation skills of our dining and culinary arts team at our senior living facilities. To encourage socialization regardless of our seniors abilities, we support the needs of the residents through the assignment of resident care assistants if needed.

How does Brookdale Flagstaff keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We hold regularly scheduled care conferences to verify that the resident is receiving the care and services they want and need. Our community leadership team coordinates individualized wellness needs in collaboration with the residents additional care providers.

If Brookdale Flagstaff accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We absolutely love to accommodate our residents furry family members and have services available to support their care needs as well. We have ample outdoor areas right outside our front and back door.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff is very involved in the day-to-day lives of our residents, with the aim of providing an enriching and caring experience for them. Each member of our staff is always willing to go above and beyond for residents. For our associates, this opportunity to serve others is more than a job — it’s a passion. Our staff is extremely well-trained and highly-experienced, ensuring that they are able to properly care for your loved one. All new Brookdale associates complete the Associate Foundations orientation program prior to working with residents, which includes between 10 and 25 hours of training. Our associates also continue their education throughout the year, as they participate in monthly annual in-service trainings.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Flagstaff offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

The Clare Bridge Daily Path offers a gentle daily structure (seven days per week) choreographed with a minimum of six programs per day. All are designed to maintain the resident’s abilities and to encourage the use of their current skills. The Daily Path gives each resident a sense of security that they are “right where they need to be.” Daily Path activities include the following: • Morning Mental Workout with discussions, brain-stimulating games and reminiscing • Daily Physical Activity with exercise opportunities including Brookdale Fitness B-Fit group exercises, walking programs and dancing • Daily Life Skills provide a sense of purpose, meaning and belonging individually or as group activities. • Person-Centered Programming includes activities designed to use the resident’s social history as a foundation, by honoring past interests and involvements, programs tap into current skills and support successful experiences.

The communities Health and Wellness Director, a Registered Nurse, assesses the residents prior to move-in, 14 days following move-in and every 90 days. In addition, if there is a change of condition an assessment will be completed.

What techniques does Brookdale Flagstaff use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Designed by a team of culinary associates, experts specializing in dementia care and registered dieticians, the unique Clare Bridge Dining program sustains the resident’s opportunity to enjoy and master the dining experience. The program offers such specialized aspects as: • Dementia-Friendly Menus providing diverse offerings that help prevent weight-loss; selections are easy to manage, familiar and appealing to the senses. • Individualized Dining Assistance includes evaluating each resident to determine the level of prompting assistance needed to preserve their use of utensils as long as possible. • The Supportive Dining Environment, which incorporates small dining rooms with consistent seating to support the challenges of those with dementia, encourages familiarity and socialization while supporting the needs of the residents through the assignment of resident care assistants. Music, centerpieces, warm, scented wash towels and fresh linens enhance the dining experience.

How does Brookdale Flagstaff keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Photos of Brookdale Flagstaff

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Flagstaff

• State Licenses: AL4520C

About Brookdale Flagstaff

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Wildlife certified habitat on site; Resident maintained gardens; Meals are certified by a dietician and nutritionist.

Map of Brookdale Flagstaff