Regency Retirement Village - Tuscaloosa

Reviews of Regency Retirement Village - Tuscaloosa

Assisted Living Reviews for Regency Retirement Village - Tuscaloosa

October 04, 2020

By ReviewerFC092520C

Regency Retirement Village - Tuscaloosa is terrible. My parents are not being taken care of, and there's a particular employee there that chooses to use the "F" word a lot. Initially, we didn't have any issues, but they've had many, many turnovers of employees including the administrative people. But since Covid, we're not allowed to visit them. My mother has to go to an occasional doctor's appointment, and when she goes, she's in quarantine for 10 days. On Sunday, her 10 days was up. They would allow you to bring things to the door. It was supposed to be where you could come now and visit, safe distance is 6 feet, but they're not allowing that to happen. I called my mother, and she said she had just thrown her dinner in the garbage. I said, "Would you like for me to bring you something hot to eat?" and she said, "Oh, please." I went and I got her food, and I told her I would bring it to the door. As I was getting it, one of the employees was very rude. She parked next to mine, and she went inside, turned around and locked the door. My mother was saying, "My daughter is bringing me food." So she came out and she knocked on my window and I said, "I'm bringing my mother's food." She went back inside, and stood at the door. I got out of the car with my mask on and the food. She opened the door and I looked in, my mother was standing there, and she said, "Give me it." I said, "That's fine, but I wanted to visually see my mother from a safe distance with my mask on, and see that she's okay because we haven't been able to enter in 9 months." That upset the employee, and she came out the door, and screamed "F you" to me. That is totally unacceptable. The two of them are in a very small room. Upon entering the facility, they appear that everything is okay, and then you learn from all the residents of the terrible food, and the terrible way that they're disrespected. My mother was asked by one of the residents to get a nurse because she had soiled herself, and she was told by that same employee to call maid service. In other words, she wasn't going to assist her. I'm gonna seek help through the Alabama Department of Mental Health, and I maybe get an attorney. There will be a pending case going forward.

October 20, 2016

By Diane846353

The people who worked at Regency Retirement Village are really nice and helpful, and it was a nice place. The people are nice, it was clean, and the activities sound great. I have nothing negative to say about it. They have an option that I can take my loved on to the doctor or they can take her to the doctor. They serve 3 meals.

October 10, 2016

By Gary558773

We have selected Regency Retirement Village. It’s a good facility, and it met our needs. It was affordable. The staff was very friendly.

February 02, 2016

By caringvisitor2

Skyland Oaks Retirement Center had the combination of you could feel more independence, but have access to staff if you needed it. It wasn't overrun by staff, but it seemed adequate. They were unintrusive, but they were present. They were there if you needed them. The place was spacious. There were hallways, and their day rooms appeared spacious. The rooms were nice and clean, but the bathrooms could've been a little bit bigger.

November 22, 2015

By Sharon P.1

Our visit with Regency was very good. It was a really nice, newer facility with a much better feel than the others I had visited. The residents were taken care of well, and we liked both the living and outdoor areas.

October 28, 2015

Regency Village was our second choice. The rooms were a little older, but they were quite sufficient, and some of them had beautiful views from the window. The staff was really nice. The thing that I liked the best was probably the staff, and I was impressed with their program, too.

April 03, 2014

By Littleoak

My mom is a resident of this facility in the memory care unit. I have been very pleased with her care and staff are very responsive to her needs and to any concerns I have. They keep me well informed. I was a little concerned about mom having to share a room as we could not afford a private room. This has not been a problem at all. She is kept so busy and engaged that she spends little time in her room!

January 11, 2014

By Catherine8

Regency Retirement Village (Old Montgomery Highway) was a company-owned facility. It was very nice and they were very friendly. However, it was a little farther away from me. Also my husband would have to share the room. It wasn't too big to be sharing. There wouldn't be much of a room for my husband in it and it would cost the same as what I'm paying at the other facility. Also if I want to have nursing services for him, that would be $250 extra. If I want them to do his laundry, it would also cost me some more. However, all the residents there seemed happy that they live there. They have a lot of activity rooms and they have different things to entertain them. Overall, it was a very nice place and I wish I could afford it for my husband.

Independent Living Reviews for Regency Retirement Village - Tuscaloosa

Memory Care Reviews for Regency Retirement Village - Tuscaloosa

Photos of Regency Retirement Village - Tuscaloosa

About Regency Retirement Village - Tuscaloosa

Regency Retirement Village - Tuscaloosa is a senior living provider in Tuscaloosa, Alabama that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care. Contact Regency Retirement Village - Tuscaloosa for more details on services and rates.

Map of Regency Retirement Village - Tuscaloosa