Canterbury Health Care Facility

Reviews of Canterbury Health Care Facility

Nursing Home Reviews for Canterbury Health Care Facility

January 19, 2015

By xoDaughter

My father was a resident for a short time. He came into the rehab wing to get PT/OT, as he had spinal surgery. The nursing staff did not see to his needs or concerns nor did the doctor ever come to see him. For 3 days, his cath bag was full of blood. As my Dad's mental status went from normal to not knowing where he was, I asked and pleaded for the nursing staff to get the doctor, to do a urinalysis, to find out what was wrong. I was told they would 'monitor it'. A day went by, two days, on day 3, when his cath bag was completely full of pure red blood and my father could no longer speak except to look at you blankly and barely muster "I don't know" to every question, we demanded he be sent by ambulance to the hospital. He was septic due to the extremely bad UTI that had gone without treatment at Canterbury. He was admitted to ICU where his bladder had to be manually pumped for an hour to remove all the blood. Thanks to the ICU staff, my father was saved. Canterbury is responsible for nearly killing my father. I never saw a doc there and no, a urinalysis was never even done after numerous requests. We would NEVER go back there and will tell anyone NOT to go. It's a disgrace to allow someone to lay there suffering with known symptoms and not even attempt to identify a simple issue or treat them. The therapy staff? Sure, they were fine…but, you can't get therapy if you're DEAD!!

February 10, 2012

By Joan Morris

My mother arrived at the rehab facility on 1/3/12. At first everything seemed great. However it became evident that the nursing staff was not aware of my mom's health needs. She did recieve speech,physical and occupational therapy. My mom came in with an enlarged liver due to cancer. She was at the rehab to build her strength back while she waited to find out her treatment options. However to my knowledge she never saw the doctor we were told she had acces to when needed. This is true even though her stomach began to swell. We asked about the swelling on Sunday and the nurse said she hadn't even noticed it!! While she said they would measure and do a UTI test on Monday, that never happened. After waiting all day Monday for the doctor or nurse practitioner(we were told she was there) we decided to take her back to the hospital. When asked why we wanted to taker her back to the hospital we said because she was in constant pain. The center manager's reply was "Oh, you mean the O's she says alot", as if she was dismissing my mom's pain. As the techs were changing her, for the first time all day at 3:00 , they told us they noticed the hardening of her stomach and told her nurse, but nothing was done. By the time my mom went back to the hospital her liver was as big as her stomach! My mom went back to the hospital with pneumonia, dehydrated, and fluid around her lungs. She did not have any of this when she arrived. She arrived back at the hospital on Monday 1/9/12 and passed away that Wednesday. Very uncaring nursing staff. They dismissed obvious concerns.

December 06, 2011

By Paris1

I called and scheduled a tour at Cantebury and found it to be pleasant except I noticed some of the rooms weren't very tidy. When I went to ask why, the lady told me she was going to be honest, they are under staffed in that department and they have an interview scheduled on Monday 12-5-11.

November 16, 2011

By laurahatt214

My great aunt stayed at Canterbury before she pasted away last year. The staff there are very nice and were always willing to help her with anything she needed. For example we use to go visit her once a month and my husband and I would go and spend Christmas day with her. On her good days we would even bring her home with us for the day. In 2009 we moved from Alabama to Arizona and would not have been able to fly out back that year for Christmas. We called the nursing station and spoke to them about trying to get some ideas what we could do for her for Christmas being so far away. One of the nurses Chris was the best. She knew we had a computer and web cam and told us she would set up a video for us. On Christmas day she came into work (she was off that day) and took time away from her family to set up her computer and web cam with my aunt. We set our computer up in the living room and while she laid in her bed we were able to share Christmas with her. It was great! She got to see the kids open their gifts and we spent about 5 hours on skype talking back and forth on video. It was the closest that we were going to get to her that year. It meant a lot to us then and then even more since she passed away a few months after Christmas.

Services and Amenities of Canterbury Health Care Facility

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 08/01/2019

About Canterbury Health Care Facility

Canterbury Health Care Facility is a senior living provider in Phenix City, Alabama that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Canterbury Health Care Facility for more details on services and rates.

Map of Canterbury Health Care Facility