Holiday University Oaks

Offers Independent Living

650 S University Blvd, Mobile, AL 36609
Holiday University Oaks (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 4 days

Great apartments. Great prices. Life is good at Holiday by Atria, and the residents agree - the safety, companionship and maintenance-free lifestyle of community living is worth every penny. Sign a lease by September 30 and enjoy 10% or 20% off select apartments.

Reviews of Holiday University Oaks

Independent Living Reviews for Holiday University Oaks

October 31, 2018

By Shirley

University Oaks was nice. They have a lot of people there and the worst part was the parking. They don't have assisted living. It's independent, but they have people that you can hire on a monthly basis to do what you need. The person during the tour was good. The dining area was fine and they have activity rooms. The apartments were a little bigger than in the other place we visited. They have to use elevators there. The staff was nice.

May 22, 2018

By Billy

My mother will move into University Oaks. The staff is very friendly and very accommodating. The meal area and the food is very good based on feedback from residents. It seemed like a very nice place. Some of the residents enjoyed it, and so we've gotten very good feedback. We really like Mom's apartment; it will fit everything very well and has an outdoor porch. They have lots of activities and an activity calendar. They have a walking track around the facility.

February 19, 2018

By Bruce

University Oaks was more expensive than we can afford for a studio apartment. The staff was very good and the food was good, but I could stand a little more herbs used.

May 03, 2017

By Elizabeth003715

I went to University Oaks, but they only had independent living. The place was very nice, but they didn’t have any assisted living people there. The apartments were nice, clean, and tidy. The dining area was nice and clean and kept up. The people on rocking chairs down in the front seemed to be very content. It seemed like it was a nice community for independent living.

April 06, 2017

By Fernando168304

University Oaks was OK and very well kept. The people who gave the tour were friendly and helpful.

March 29, 2017

By Doris S.

University Oaks is not in a desirable location. It’s in a busy area that's not convenient. It’s not a big community, but the tour was OK. The staff was great, extremely friendly, helpful, and informative, but I didn’t like the building, the layout, or the area.

January 03, 2017

By Jean400572

I liked everything about University Oaks. I liked the balcony and that they showed us the one-bedroom, twobedroom, and one that had a full kitchen. I don’t need that much space because I am living in a one-bedroom place now. They allow pets and have washers and dryers on every floor, but they also have housekeepers and people who come in to clean and do your laundry. They have a hairdresser and a nail person. There was a lady by the front door that was doing Christmas decorations on her fingernails and my friend that I went and got her fingernails done. It was really comfortable and really friendly. They have a nurse, and if you got sick, someone would come and take care of you, so you do not have to rely just on family. They would have medical people that could help.

November 03, 2016

By Wendy232163

I am really satisfied with University Oaks. Everybody there is friendly. My mom is satisfied. She likes it there. I like that there is staff there at all time just in case she has problems or she falls or something. They have a little life alert that they have in their apartment for their safety.

June 29, 2015

By Liz35

I went to University Oaks. I liked it for the convenience. Everything was right there where you wanted to go to. They had a shuttle service to doctors and stuffs. I had lunch with 3 of the residents there, and they seemed to be happy. The food was average. The biggest thing that I liked about University Oaks was that it was a national chain, and if you were still able to travel, they had national wide buildings that you could go to. If you were visiting other states, you could go to one of their facilities and stay just like a motel without any extra charge. The staff was friendly and willing to answer any kind of questions that I had.

June 13, 2015

By Iva3

I've been to University Oaks and another community. Both have something that I like above the other. It is the only two that I will consider if I go into one. They have better prices on their rooms, but the other community has a better kitchenette. It was just something in both of them that I like better than the other, so it will be a decision to go between the two. They really didn't have any grounds. It has very little parking, and there was lot of oak trees. To me, I would not go in and out of there at night time by myself. The place was beautiful, and the prices were much better than the other facility. They have the prettiest dining room I have seen in any place, hotel, or anywhere. Their dining room is the main attraction to me, but their kitchenette has a little refrigerator which was only chest high. It is very small. It has about 36 inches or 40 inches of cabinet space plus the sink. The kitchenette and the grounds are the only drawback for University Oaks. I really didn't meet anybody but the lady that showed me around. Only because of the kitchenette and the grounds, I would rate it a little bit lower than the other community. But I would rate it equal because the prices are much better here. You can get a separate living room and bedroom here for a little bit less than one big room at the other community.

June 07, 2015

By Patricia107505050

University Oaks was the place that I would probably like for myself, but it wasn't good for my sister. It was a very nice facility. The rooms were very nice, and I really liked it. I liked the people I met there. They were very friendly people. I liked the things that they had for the residents there. I liked the activities.

May 12, 2015

By Caring106209150

University Oaks were very professional and friendly. We had lunch in their regular dining room for the residents, and it was all very good. They showed us a 1-bedroom, and it was just smaller than I think that we would want to live in. It didn’t have a kitchenette, and I like to cook; even though the meals are served, I still like to cook. The service was very good, and the food was delicious. It is one big building and looked well-kept. They allowed pets, and you have places to walk your pets.

November 07, 2014

By Caring95207650

I’ve been living at University Oaks. The staff has changed about 6 to 7 times since I’ve been there, and the managers keep coming and going; I never knew who the manager was. They started making their main meal at lunch, and dinner was like cold cuts and salads. The apartments are small. There was no security, but it’s OK. They have all kinds of activities.

October 06, 2014

Mom lived at University Oaks when she was still alive and she loved it. It's a really nice place. They have good food and good staff. She lived there for a little over 3 years. They have this life alert thing and that was great. They check their clients and if they don’t show up for breakfast, lunch, or dinner or if they don’t see them around during the day, they go and check on them. It's such a great place.

October 02, 2014

By Stacia1

We loved University Oaks and everything about it. During our visit, the staff told us that we could try their food, but we never did. The best thing that I liked about the facility was that they had a 24 hour medical person.

August 29, 2014

By Elizabeth42

I went to visit University Oaks and if I am able to afford it, I would go there. They have the best community in my vicinity. Overall, they are the best, but expensive. The staff was very nice and helpful. In fact, I didn’t have an appointment when I got there, but the lady who I spoke to just stopped what she was doing and took me on a tour of the whole place. They have activities as most other communities have, like bingo games, arts and crafts. They can also set up cards games if the residents want to. They have some physical activities that I know are good for the residents. They also have get-togethers. The thing that impressed me above all was that they have a chef who cooks the meals, and they were very concerned about the residents' specific diets.

June 30, 2014

University Oaks was homey and nice. We liked the layout of the place, it has little patio areas, a sidewalk all around the facility where you can walk and there are shades and trees. It has neighbourhoods around it and it seemed more a residential place. The units were a little bit older but they were updating. The residents were busy doing things and they seemed to have a more active schedule. There seemed to be more people up and about and moving around. The atmosphere there was a little more inviting just because there seemed to be more activities going on.

June 12, 2013

By James34

Everything about University Oaks was just fine. If I can arrange it, I am going in there.

May 22, 2013

By Caring 2446

I chose University Oaks for my mom because I think it was better than an assisted living facility. I had private sitters that came to the place if I was not around and they documented everything. The staff were very helpful and supportive especially with the people who needed assistance. I liked that they had housekeeping once a week who cleaned the bathrooms, washed and change the linens, etc. They served three meals a day, but my mom also had a refrigerator and microwave in her room if she wanted to eat something else. Sometimes the food was not the best but it was still healthy. My mom is doing pretty well.

Questions about Holiday University Oaks

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Holiday University Oaks. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents range from 55 to early 100s and everything in between! Their favorite activities are as different as their personalities! By using our Holiday 365 app each resident is able to view the daily calendar and sign up for events that interest them. If they are unable to find something that peaks their interest on the calendar they can simply message a friend to join them for a game of cards or to enjoy a walk around the community.  \

What transportation services does Holiday University Oaks offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Holiday University Oaks exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Holiday University Oaks offer to independent living residents?

If Holiday University Oaks accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Holiday University Oaks work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Holiday University Oaks

Photos of Holiday University Oaks

Services and Amenities of Holiday University Oaks

• Independent Living Starting At: $1949/month

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Holiday University Oaks

University Oaks is located in Mobile, AL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to University Oaks for a visit...and stay!

*We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Holiday by Atria does not provide any health care services. However, residents are welcome to receive services from any outside home health care provider of their choice to help them continue enjoying life at our community.

University Oaks is surrounded by beautiful oak trees and azalea bushes, truly a Southern Environment! We have something for everyone, for those that need a little help we have on sight a Rehab Agency and also a Home Care Agency that can provide those little extra's that you might need.

Map of Holiday University Oaks