State Driving Laws in Maine
Specific rules for older drivers
- A vision test is required at each renewal for age 62 and older.
- Those 65 and older must renew every four years.
Standard driver's license renewal
- License renewed: Every 4 years for those age 65 and older; every 6 years for those under age 65.
- Renewal conditions: Mail in or in person.
- Vision test: Vision test is required at each renewal for those age 62 and older. (At the first renewal after age 40, a vision test is required, then at every second renewal until age 62.)
- Written test: No.
- Road test: No.
For more information
Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles
State House Station 29
Augusta, ME 04333-0029
Stay Connected With Caring.com
Get news & tips via e-mail