Bella Vista Oshkosh, WI

Reviews of Bella Vista

Assisted Living Reviews for Bella Vista

July 27, 2016

By Jennifer876573

We were not thrilled with what is happening at Bella Vista. They keep changing ownership; in fact, their executive director just left yesterday again. They have been changed four times in the last four years. The RN in charge has also changed four or five times as well. My aunt is independent, but she has gotten pressure ulcers, and I don’t understand why a pressure ulcer happened. The place is beautiful and the apartments are big. There’s a library and a suite where the family can rent to stay there. It’s great for independent living.
Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. As the Executive Director of Bella Vista, my goal is to ensure the highest quality of care. We strive to not only meet, but exceed the needs of every resident we have the pleasure of caring for. This is something that we are continually working at on a daily basis to achieve. The care of each resident is a crucial part of their stay and we would be happy to discuss the care plan. We are a growing community and as the needs of the community changes there will be some movement with staffing positions. I would love to meet with anyone who has any concerns or suggestions so that we can grow together and achieve the highest care possible. Please feel free to reach out to me at our community number at your earliest convenience. Thank you again for your time. Mike Davis, Executive Director.

June 17, 2016

By Anonymous Visitor503745

Bella Vista is an old hospital that has been converted to senior living apartments and assisted living. It looks like a Hilton hotel; the walls, the carpeting, and everything is beautiful. My in-laws are in a good-sized one-bedroom with a den and lots of storage. Their furniture fit quite well, and it has plenty of open wide spaces and a walk-in shower in the bathroom. It's very homey.

May 10, 2016

By LeslieZLXXU

I thought Bella Vista was very pleasant and had the atmosphere of a hotel. It was an older building that used to be hospital or something, so it had a very solid structure and felt like a hotel. The side facing the street was beautiful because it overlooked a park and that park fronted a lake. The rooms themselves were nice. The quarters were a little dark, but the halls were very nice. The staff was very nice. The only problem was there was a big price difference to where my mother is now.

April 06, 2016

By Linda122998950

Bella Vista was really cool and had an a la carte system. If you were independent, you could have your own care, but if time went on and you needed assistance, they could give you the additional care that you needed there. I believe they also had detached apartments, but we were in the main facility in assisted living. I got the impression that if my mom took one of the apartments, she could stay as independent, and if she ended up needing assistance, except with Alzheimer’s, she could stay in that room and didn’t have to move. That was one thing we liked about it, but it was over our budget. It was originally a hospital that they renovated. You could get a beautiful one- or two-bedroom apartment. The facility was absolutely gorgeous. We toured the dining room, workout room, and beauty salon. It was really nice. The staff was great, nice, and very pleasant.

December 15, 2015

By Kathleen A.

Bella Vista was very nice. They had a lot to offer, and the price was reasonable. The hallways were very nice and clean. They had transportation to different places. The only thing I didn’t like was the layout of the room. The staff was very nice.

May 15, 2015

By John107016150

Bella Vista by far is the best. It is the nicest place, and it is economical too. Nothing else was even close. Their service was excellent. They had very spacious apartments. I put my mother in a one-bedroom unit, and she actually has a washer & dyer in there. They have a step-in shower. It is a great place to be. My mom is there a little over a month now, and she is very happy there. It is the only one I see that had a kitchen and a washer & dryer inside the apartment itself.

September 30, 2014

I was in the hospital and then they put me in Bella Vista, but I’m not really happy there. I know they've let a few staff go -- those that were nasty to the residents. They make you do things that the doctors didn’t approve of. They have activities here like bingo and music, but I didn’t go down much to activities because my back hurt so bad I couldn’t go. The facility is clean; it’s fairly good. They have a library, a gym and an exercise room. There are two dining rooms here; one is where I go eat and the other, which I never got to, is where the older people or the sicker people are. There’s plenty of room in our dining room and food was OK. You got a menu for every meal and you got to pick your choice off the menu. They could improve on the serving and the meals that they serve at supper time leave a lot to be desired. Some of the staff is OK and some aren’t. Some are very helpful where others aren’t and don’t care to be.

I am very disappointed to learn that a resident at Bella Vista did not have a better experience while residing here. Our top priority at Bella Vista is to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents. I would like to extend an open invitation to further discuss your experience and better learn how we can improve the quality of services or care going forward. Please contact Kelly Swartz, Executive Director at Bella Vista 920-233-6667 or email me at kswartz@seniorlifestyle.com.

Independent Living Reviews for Bella Vista

Costs for Bella Vista

Photos of Bella Vista

Services and Amenities of Bella Vista

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Tai Chi

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8:1

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Licenses: RCAC and CBRF

About Bella Vista

Senior assisted living at Bella Vista offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Bella Vista, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Oshkosh has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Bella Vista, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Bella Vista offers independent living in Oshkosh for seniors who are able and inclined to live independently, but crave the comfort, security and social opportunity a retirement community offers.

On-call assistance and maintenance-free living means you never need worry about anything but living life to the fullest! Just steps from your front door, you'll find easy access to a fitness center, media room and a wide assortment of activities, as well as special events and regularly scheduled outings into the community.

If you are looking for a vibrant, active place to call home during your retirement years, Bella Vista will fulfill your desires. Come visit us and see how great senior independent living can be.

Independent Living Amenities

• All utilities included except telephone and cable
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • Guest Suites
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Safety features including smoke detectors and sprinklers
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™

Across from Lake Winnebago & Menomonee Park and Zoo___ Continuity of care having both a CBRF and a RCAC in one building___ Won the Best of Winnebago County in 2012. This award was published in the Northwestern and votes casted by the residents of Winnebago County.___ Spacious Apartments (ranges from 517-1220sq. ft.)___ Rich history. Bella Vista, formerly Mercy Medical Hospital, underwent a multi-million dollar renovation.

Map of Bella Vista