10 Assisted Living Facilities near Ripon, WI
Also serving communities of Green Lake, Brandon, Rosendale.
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ripon area, with 5 in Ripon and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ripon is $2,846 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,395.
To help you with your search, browse the 13 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ripon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ripon 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wautoma with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ripon, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Ripon, WI
5 Assisted Living Facilities near Ripon, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ripon
Ripon is the home of the famous 1854 meeting in the Little White Schoolhouse that led to the founding of the Republican Party, earning the city the nickname of the "Birthplace of the Republican Party." Ripon has about 7,700 residents and a senior community that makes up nearly 21% of the population.
In Ripon, as in all of Wisconsin, assisted living facilities are divided into three categories, including community-based residential facilities, residential care apartment complexes and adult family homes. These facilities are licensed and regulated by the Department of Health Services. Ripon is home to five facilities, and there are five more in nearby cities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ripon
- Ripon seniors do not pay state income tax on income drawn from public pensions or on their Social Security benefits, but income from retirement savings accounts and private pensions are taxable in Wisconsin.
- The Ripon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Ripon Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Ripon's air quality is average, which may be a consideration for some seniors with conditions like COPD or heart disease. According to the American Lung Association, Fond du Lac County's ozone pollution level is rated a C, and the region is ranked 110 out of 228 metropolitan areas for high ozone days.
- With an overall cost of living that is 17% below the national average and 15% below the Wisconsin average, Ripon is an affordable place to live. While healthcare expenses are on par with the nationwide average, seniors can expect to spend about 10% less on groceries and 5% less on utilities, both of which may contribute to lower assisted living expenses.
- Ripon's crime rate is lower than the national average, making it a good option for seniors seeking out a safe community for their retirement years. On a scale of one to 100, with a lower score representing less crime, the city's violent crime rate is 8.6, and the property crime rate is 20.1, compared to respective national averages of 22.7 and 35.4.
- Over the course of a year, temperatures in Ripon range between 7 and 81 degrees, and the region receives about 33 inches of yearly rainfall and 37 inches of annual snowfall. To ensure their comfort, seniors may want to find an assisted living facility that offers individual climate controls in private rooms.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ripon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Ripon start around $2,846 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ripon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ripon
Seniors in Ripon who meet income and asset guidelines may qualify for financial assistance with assisted living expenses through Wisconsin's Medicaid Elderly and Physically Disabled waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ripon
Ripon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ripon, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ripon
Ripon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ripon
Review of Maplecrest Manor
Maplecrest of Ripon has a great staff . Very caring to all residents that live there . The staff will go the extra mile for the resident + their families needs. Maplecrest has our 2 thumbs up. Read more
Review of Maplecrest Manor
I liked Maplecrest. The apartment was very clean. The staff was very cordial. They had activities. I knew that the people were happy there. Read more
Review of Pleasant Park Place
Pleasant Park Place was small. It had only 10 residents on one side for the assisted living and 10 on the other side for Alzheimer's patients. The staff was very informative. She helped me with som... Read more