11 Assisted Living Facilities near Ripon, WI
Also serving communities of Green Lake, Brandon, Rosendale.
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ripon area, with 6 in Ripon and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ripon is $3,046 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 14 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ripon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ripon 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wautoma with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ripon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Ripon, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ripon
Named after the cathedral city of Ripon in England, Ripon is a safe and peaceful town in the heart of Wisconsin that's commonly referred to as "Birthplace of the Republican Party." Within the town limits, five assisted living communities to help accommodate some of the estimated 1,600 seniors who live here. This population also has access to an additional five assisted living facilities in the surrounding areas.
Assisted living communities in Ripon and other places in Wisconsin are licensed and regulated by the state's Department of Health Services. The facilities are divided into three categories, including adult family homes, residential care apartment complexes (RCACs) and community-based residential facilities (CBRFs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ripon
- Ripon is a quiet community with very low rates of crime. The violent crime rate is 14.1 points below the national average of 22.7 and 10.8 points below the Wisconsin state average. Seniors who reside in Ripon should feel safe in their assisted living community and out in the city.
- The American Lung Association gives Fond Du Lac County, where Ripon is located, a "C" for ozone pollution. While the area only gets an average of one high ozone day per year, seniors should check the daily air quality before going outside to avoid any potential health risks.
- Winter in Ripon can very quite harsh which can make it tough for seniors who enjoy the outdoors. The city gets an average of 37 inches of snow per year with average low temperatures in January reaching seven degrees.
- Seniors looking for an affordable place to live may find Ripon a very attractive location. The cost of living in the city is 17.3% below the national average of 100. Costs are also much lower than the average for Wisconsin.
- While income from Social Security benefits is exempt from state income taxes in Ripon, income from retirement accounts and pensions is taxed. Whether or not seniors will find state taxes burdensome will depend on their income level.
- The Ripon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Ripon Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ripon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Ripon start around $3,046 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ripon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ripon
Some seniors in Ripon may qualify for Wisconsin's Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Exceptional Expense Supplement program. It provides a monthly subsidy to pay for 40 hours or more of supportive services inside an assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ripon
Ripon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ripon, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ripon
Ripon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ripon
Review of Prairie Place Assisted Living
My mother was in Prairie Place Assisted Living. It was good as a nursing home and for assisted living. Overall, it's a pretty decent place. She liked the food there, the place was quite lovely, and... Read more
Review of Maplecrest Manor
Maplecrest of Ripon has a great staff . Very caring to all residents that live there . The staff will go the extra mile for the resident + their families needs. Maplecrest has our 2 thumbs up. Read more
Review of Maplecrest Manor
I liked Maplecrest. The apartment was very clean. The staff was very cordial. They had activities. I knew that the people were happy there. Read more