Prairie Home Assisted Living-House of Joy

Reviews of Prairie Home Assisted Living-House of Joy

Assisted Living Reviews for Prairie Home Assisted Living-House of Joy

June 26, 2015

By KyriaKate

Prairie Home Assisted Living doesn't schedule tours but encourages visitors to drop by anytime to see how the facility is run on a daily basis. They are that confident of the services and care provided to their Residents. Walking in to the place you can immediately see that it is clean and has a pleasant atmosphere. Prairie Home has Caregivers who are CNA or CBRF certified. They have a response rate of less than a minute when a Resident asks for assistance. They provide medication administration and assistance with all daily cares for their Residents and have state of the art safety features all through the facility. Prairie Home has a full time Activity Director who has planned events taking place daily in all three buildings. Residents can join in activities in any of the buildings and sometimes there are as many as 30+ people enjoying Penny Bingo at one time. Residents often go on field trips together with staff and holidays are always celebrated with style. This place is family owned and operated and I have seen staff and management go out of their way to make sure everything is done correctly for the Residents they serve.

January 26, 2015

By Karen101480450

I liked Prairie Home. It is just too small for him. They have a nice room, lobby, and hallway. I don't know if there is enough going on. I didn't see a lot of social activity going on when I was there. People were confined to their room. I guess I just got in the wrong time when everybody was in their room. They have three separate buildings and about 16 residents in each building. They should interact more with the people. Instead of them all staying in their room, they should have more activities to encourage participation. At the time, it’s the nicest place I could find, and it was right next to my apartment building. It's a pleasant place, but there's not a lot of interaction.

September 27, 2013

By Leaf15

Prairie Home Assisted Living is fine. I had no problems with it until the very end when they accused me of stealing which I never did. They went through my stuff. Otherwise it was a good place. They had floor exercises, card and board games and bingo. They had different games on other days. They give away prizes.

Costs for Prairie Home Assisted Living-House of Joy

Photos of Prairie Home Assisted Living-House of Joy

Services and Amenities of Prairie Home Assisted Living-House of Joy

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: We Offer Private Rooms For Each Resident.

• Dining Extra: Special Diets Are Accommodated

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• Get Costs

About Prairie Home Assisted Living-House of Joy

There is no place like home. Home is the place we all prefer to be, but when that is no longer possible, Prairie Home Assisted Living in Menasha provides compassionate, loving care in a home-like setting. Prairie Home is family owned and operated and is committed to providing a loving, warm and nurturing environment where our residents grow and thrive. We consider it our privilege to care for the physical, emotional, spiritual and social needs of our elders and their families. Prairie Home Assisted Living offers an ideal alternative for the senior person who does not need an expensive nursing home, yet can no longer live independently in his or her home.

Love is the heart of any home. Knowing that your loved one is in a safe place with a loving, comfortable atmosphere gives you peace of mind. Our care is reflected in the design and furnishing of our three assisted living homes as well as in the hearts of our Prairie Home care-giving team. We provide many services to aid and assist your loved one as they enjoy their days with daily activities and good company.

Our Care Philosophy

It’s our privilege and our mission to care for the physical, emotional social and spiritual needs of those we serve, and to provide loving support to their families. The staff at Prairie Home works together with you to provide personalized service and assistance that helps your loved one enjoy his or her maximum potential and independence.

At Prairie Home, we:

• Provide cost-effective, compassionate and personalized care
    • Create independence for each resident according to ability
    • Treat every resident with dignity and respect
    • Respect each resident’s individuality
    • Allow every resident the choice of care and lifestyle
    • Protect each resident's right to privacy
    • Nurture the spirit of each resident
    • Involve family and friends, as appropriate, in care planning and implementation

Provide a secure, homelike environment

We believe our loving kindness and desire to care for the whole person; physically, emotionally and spiritually, sets us apart. There is no need to schedule an appointment to see Prairie Home Assisted Living because we are committed to excellence every single day.

Map of Prairie Home Assisted Living-House of Joy