Brookdale Nine Mile

Reviews of Brookdale Nine Mile

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Nine Mile

June 22, 2012

By aaronchristofers

It was kind of confusing to find, but that could only be because I'm a terrible navigator. Everything about the facility once we got there was amazing. The staff was very nice, and accommodating. I Went with my mother (my grandfathers daughter) who is also of very poor health, and despite the fact he had several other visitors that day, the staff still helped me find a wheelchair my mother could borrow while in the facility. It was spacious, well decorated, and had wonderful common areas where we could go and visit while my grandfather slept. The staff was very knowledgeable about the condition my grandfather had, and was very helpful in answering all of my annoying questions about it. It made me very happy to see that they had many food options for the residence at most meals, and according to my grandpa they always had something he liked. He was happy in his final few weeks, and that is what matters most.

February 16, 2012

By Shauna1

Clare Bridge is a very nice facility. The care at Clare Bridge is geared mostly towards caring for dementia and Alzheimer's patients.My great aunt has lived there for almost five years, and although she had a rough start in the first few weeks, she has grown to really like living there. She has made friends and enjoys the daily activities.The facility itself is kept very clean and neat (and it even smells great, unlike some homes I have visited). The decor in the common areas is pretty and offers a variety of activities for both residents and visitors.Residents are also offered activities which are supposed to help slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease. I have joined my aunt for a few meals and the food served when I visited was excellent. They also offered a variety of options for residents to choose from, making it more likely that they will eat nutritiously.All the staff I and my mom have enountered when visiting have been friendly, helpful and compassionate.

February 16, 2012

By dingoes

It was sort of in the middle of nowhere and hard to find, but when we did find it we were impressed. It is located in a picturesque part of Spokane, far from the universities and noises of downtown, and away from the crime. The staff were welcoming and friendly and really appreciated our visit. My choir sang for many of the residents for the holiday season and they were so happy we were there. We performed in a big room we were told was the dining hall, and it was beautiful, with picture perfect views of the surrounding areas and large, clear windows. The kitchens were in sight of the dining hall, and they were so clean and pristine. You could really tell the entire staff really cared for the residents and we knew we would love to live there ourselves someday.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Photos of Brookdale Nine Mile

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Nine Mile

About Brookdale Nine Mile

At Brookdale Nine Mile we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Nine Mile are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Nine Mile