The Heights of Tyler

Reviews of The Heights of Tyler

Nursing Home Reviews for The Heights of Tyler

May 19, 2017

By slinginsam

My mother came here for short term rehab after a 4 day hospital stay.The lack of care is pathetic,My mother was there for 3 days and never was given a bath and did not see a Dr. until the third day.The temperature in her room was freezing 66 degrees and there was no chair in the room for her or her guests to sit in.When she was administered drugs she would ask what certain medications were for and the staff would not answer her.Upon being told that my mother was leaving after 3 days of being here the staff came to her room and tried to intimidate and coerce her into staying.She was given a series of questions trying to determine her mental state earlier that morning.The staff were trying to give the impression that she was mentally incapable of handling her own affairs.She did not appreciate these questions and let the staff know this.In my opinion this place is not about rehab, but is about stripping senior citizens of their dignity,their rights,and their money.

September 29, 2015

My father was at the Heights of Tyler. It was good until he got sick. Then he went to the hospital and came back; they did not take care very good care of him after that. He will not go back to this place. If you needed basic care, I would recommend them. The facility was OK. The rehab itself, I can rate a four.

September 30, 2013

By KIT31

My mother in law was there for three weeks for rehabilitation. One night a nurse was very rude to her. She was upset because my mother in law needed constant assistance to use the restroom. Finally she just threw her on the bed with no covers on, and the call button was way out of her reach. The call button was also out of reach of the other woman on the bed next to hers. They kept shouting for assistance to no avail. Finally, hours later the nurse returned, and stated how much she hated her job. After reporting the problem, the nurse made comments about quitting her job, but she never did. Nor was she fired. I hope this was an isolated incident. However, my mother in law had to deal with this woman day after day.

March 25, 2013

My brother was in The Heights for physical and speech therapy. Their rehabilitation was very good. The rooms are adequate. Some staff are great while some staff are adequate. Now with my uncle there, I can say the same thing except sometimes the cleanliness is lacking in the extended care section. They also have a problem with their accounting processes. They made several corrections. I think they could improve on their billing structure. And they could follow up more closely on taking care of people who need more assistance.

About The Heights of Tyler

The Heights of Tyler is a senior living provider in Tyler, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact The Heights of Tyler for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Heights of Tyler