The Gardens at Brook Ridge Assisted Living and Memory Care

1201 W. Ridge Road, Pharr, TX 78577
The Gardens at Brook Ridge Assisted Living and Memory Care (800) 385-2527

Reviews of The Gardens at Brook Ridge Assisted Living and Memory Care

Assisted Living Reviews for The Gardens at Brook Ridge Assisted Living and Memory Care

September 27, 2018

By Faye

My husband moved into The Gardens at Brook Ridge. They're very good. It's a nice, clean establishment. The nurses are really good. I don't have a problem with it at all. My husband has a really nice, clean, private room with a big huge bathroom, a bed, and a little bedside table with his TV. They have a special section in the dining room for people who have to be fed. My husband is in that section and they have workers who come in and feed him. They have a lot of different activities. They take my husband out of his room and take him to the TV room and work on puzzles with him. They play bingo and they have music all the time for them, so it’s a very relaxing community. It's expensive, but if you can afford it, it's worth it.

September 21, 2018

By Pat

My husband is at the assisted living level of The Gardens at Brook Ridge. Their facilities are wonderful and the food is great. The activities director works hard to keep the residents active and socially engaged. My husband has the larger of the studio apartments and it's quite roomy.

June 01, 2017

By kelly455567

The Gardens at Brook Ridge is clean, and the staff is nice. They have good medical care. Mom has some privacy, but she's got enough assistance. There is a beauty shop, a workout room, and lots of outdoor space. They serve 3 meals a day. They have outings and puzzles. There is a movie room, a chapel, and a place to cook if she wants to do that. The staff is very helpful. They have lots of routines, they encourage her to go down for meals, and they take her to exercise. They will serve her meals to her room if she's sick or doesn’t feel well. We have an option to take her to her doctors, or they can do that for us.

April 25, 2017

By Gricelda

I visited The Gardens at Brook Ridge. My impression was that the residents were happy. They did not have a specialized separate Alzheimer's wing. That would not have been a good fit for my mother. Plus, it was expensive. Their dining area was very nice, but it was not that homey. It was more institutional. It had a lot to offer, but it was not a good fit for my mom. They had a lot of activities.

June 10, 2016

By Alice421105

The Gardens at Brook Ridge was a lovely place. We were very well received. Everybody was so polite and good. We had lunch and talked with the manager and the lady who took us around and showed us everything. It was very nice. We have friends that live there, so we got to see them and they love it. A lot of people came up and told us how they love it, too. However, it’s mostly independent living. The dining area was very lovely and not really formal. The food was delicious. We had a choice of two entrees, and it was very wholesome food. They have three meals a day and don’t have any alteratives; if we eat those as three meals a day, we would weigh 300 pounds in no time. I like that they had 2-bedroom apartments and a patio outside.

May 19, 2016

By JDYRDXE

My brother is in The Gardens at Brook Ridge. My brother really enjoys the food, and it's pretty balanced. He's anxious to get down there early so he can eat. The people are so friendly and take good care of him. He has to be bathed, and they do a good job. He seems to like it. They play bingo. He has a walker and started walking around the building a little and getting exercise, which he didn't do here at home. They do adult coloring, Pokemon, and have movies in a theater room that has 18 big, old, heavy-duty leather chairs. They have a bistro right next to the kitchen, and the dining room has snacks like cakes, candy, ice cream, coffee, lemonade, and water, so if anybody gets a little hungry, they can go there. I am extremely pleased, and my brother seems to be liking it, too.

April 22, 2016

By Gina18

The Gardens at Brook Ridge is one of the best places I've seen around Texas. They have 24/7 nurses, and everybody is very polite and very attentive to the people. They have a list of activities posted. The staff is very knowledgeable.

September 04, 2015

By Richard89918250

I am at The Gardens at Brook Ridge, and it is very nice. One of my doctors recommended it to me. The atmosphere is very good. It is a very friendly place, and it is really nice-looking. The food is OK. They have lots of activities like morning walks, exercises, and bingo. I like it. They are very caring, and they take good care of us.

July 21, 2015

By Diane109545650

The visit at The Gardens at Brookridge was wonderful. The apartments were large and roomy; they were already setup for anybody who is disabled, it is clean, and there is nice scenery outside the window. The staff was attentive and caring. The dining room was neat; they setup the different colored plates, so you knew what time of day it was. They had daily outings, an activity room, and crafts for their activities. I was ready to place my mother in there, so I was extremely satisfied.

Memory Care Reviews for The Gardens at Brook Ridge Assisted Living and Memory Care

Costs for The Gardens at Brook Ridge Assisted Living and Memory Care

Photos of The Gardens at Brook Ridge Assisted Living and Memory Care

Services and Amenities of The Gardens at Brook Ridge Assisted Living and Memory Care

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Coffee Shop
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library

About The Gardens at Brook Ridge Assisted Living and Memory Care

A sense of community is what greets families when visiting The Gardens at Brook Ridge Assisted Living and Memory Care. When new residents join our community, we quickly make them feel like part of the family. And having friends living right next door is only one of the perks found here—with our resort-style lifestyle, your loved one will discover the newfound freedom that comes from no longer having responsibilities.

As a Sunshine Retirement Living Community,The Gardens at Brook Ridge Assisted Living and Memory Care shares the same mission to be a preferred senior living provider through offering choice, value and independence to each of our valued residents.

Featured Amenities

The Gardens at Brook Ridge Assisted Living and Memory Carehas many apartment floor plans that will satisfy even the most discerning senior. We offer studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans in our assisted living wing. Features of each apartment include in-suite climate control and a kitchenette. For seniors needing memory care, we offer private, shared and semiprivate units. The monthly rent includes utilities, housekeeping, transportation and cable TV.

Our residents’ home isn’t just limited to their apartment; they also have access to all the amenities found throughout our community including an outdoor swimming pool, movie theater and library. Our full-time activity director fills the activity calendar with social events, exercise classes and outings so residents never wonder how they will fill their days.

Available Services

Amazing is how we describe our dining services, as residents enjoy chef-prepared meals three times a day in the community dining room. For lighter fare, the café is always open. Meal preparation isn’t the only responsibility our staff handles; we also take care of housekeeping, linen service and even provide assistance with pet care.

With our wellness-focused approach to care, families can rest easy knowing their loved is in good hands. Staff is on site 24/7 to provide assistance whenever it is needed, and with each resident outfitted with a pendant necklace, help is just a click away. Personal care services that we provide include medication management and assistance with grooming and bathing, along with health monitoring.

Needing supportive assistance doesn’t require sacrificing an active life, and at The Gardens at Brook Ridge Assisted Living and Memory Care we provide a resort-inspired lifestyle.

Ask about our Sunshine Travel Program - Our unique travel program gives you the chance to explore 16 cities in 7 states. Have a Question, Concern or Comment? Welcome to your Sunshine Community, Meet Mr. Sunshine. Ask about our unique Sunshine Wellness Program

Map of The Gardens at Brook Ridge Assisted Living and Memory Care