Oak Village Healthcare

Reviews of Oak Village Healthcare

Nursing Home Reviews for Oak Village Healthcare

October 16, 2017

By Very Bad experience

What a horrible experience! My father was moved to this faculty for rehab only and to care for his other medical issues in the meantime. He spent 6 days here and that was ENOUGH! The care givers were uncaring and even rude at times, to the point where they toss needed items at him telling him to do it himself, no bath at all, out-dated equipment and when he needed assistance to the bathroom it took a long time to get the help he needed and then to leave him unattended to get himself back to bed on his own. My father expressed multiple times that he was having a hard time breathing and can you believe that it took almost 8 eight hours before someone showed up to do a chest x-ray and then to be told it will be another 3 hours before you get the results. Needless to say...we packed up my father things and took him to the ER. We got absolutely no assistance from no one from the facility to help with getting my dad from facility to the car. Come to find out he had pneumonia! I won't mention any names, but if anyone from the facility reads this - they know who they are!! I would NOT reccomend this facility anyone!

April 19, 2016

By Hands Down Best Place We Have Been To

I have a family member who is currently at this facility, Everyone has been very nice and I can honestly say I have not had any problems, All of the staff here has been very helpful and knowledgeable.... Big Thank You to all of you for your help an consideration.. Our family appreciates it very much.. I would highly recommend this facility to my friends an if we ever need to come back... this will defiantly be the place we come back to... “It isn't what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, but what you have in your heart.”

March 28, 2016

By Quinnsmom

After horrible experience here, absolutely do not recommend to anyone. Majority of staff is apathetic to the residents and pointing out the lack of care only made it worse. Staff stands around in hallways or congregate at front desk while residents are constantly Unattended to. From requests for medicine to needing assistance to bathroom , be prepared to wait a very long time. Worse experience in nursing home I've ever experienced. Definitely rates D minus and I only rate it that high due to 3 good staff members there.

February 10, 2016

By Highly Recommend Oak Village

I have read the reviews & even though I cannot speak for each persons expierence my expietence has been spectacular, my husband was recently there for therapy, sent over from the hospital & from day one the nursing staff have been 100% supportive & very knowledgable in his care & treatment. My daughter is a nurse and she hastily me hundreds of stories of families being unrealistic in their families care sad exoectations from a recent illness, so why I cannot say of the negativity of this establishment, because I will say to anyone interested of looking to send the husband, wife, mother etc Oak Village treated my husband well and even my old self when probaly at times I was not so nice just from the stress of my husbands illness and recovery. I love, love, love how empathetic and caring the staff were. To me if you want personable and devoted care this is the place. Hands down!!!! To all the staff nursing, therapy, diet department, everyone, thank you so much. Mr. & Mrs. J.R

January 26, 2016

By EDJ daughter

My Father has been at this facility two different times. The first time at Oak Village was a great. The staff and nurses all seemed to be knowledgeable and caring. The past 100 days at this facility has been awful. They are short handed and the nurses just do not seem to care. My father contacted staff in this facility and had to be sent to ER. There were times my father was in pain and was difficult just to get a couple of Tylenol or ibuprofen for him. I was called and told they were releasing him the same day I was told he needed to be picked up. No notice at all. Unless things change I would not recommend this place to anyone.

April 28, 2015

By Amber!

I have a Family member that was there for a short time... our stay was really hard on us but they made it so much better an a lot easier on us an our family.. Thanks for all the great Care..

October 23, 2014

By M.C.1468

While visiting a friend at the facility the staff was rude and don't seem friendly at all. Many staff member just standing around instead of taking care of the patients. Nursing staff seemed to not know answers to simple questions. I would not recommend this facility to family or friends.

May 02, 2014

By MRebeccaR

While I feel the administrative staff does a good job tending to paper work and billing, the nursing staff and aids are disappointing to say it mildly. There is absolutely no follow up from the nurses on questions from the family. There is zero communication between the healthcare staff between shift changes on the skilled nursing side. Several of the healthcare staff members are rude and unprofessional. Including the head nurse, who on several occasions has left us feeling helpless, and acted "put out" when we expressed simple concerns or questions about our loved one's health. The doctor that they have contracted to visit with patients comes at seemingly random times, therefore making it almost impossible to speak with him about our loved one who cannot make decisions for herself. If this doctor does have a regular schedule then staff members that we've asked about his schedule do not know it. After our loved one's recent stroke the staff doctor did not see her for over a week, and was unfamiliar with her medical history and condition after her recent stroke. Simple things likes turning her on her side several times through out the day to ease the pain on her bed sores, and making sure she drinks as much water as possible have not been done by the aids...even after several kind requests from our family. I would not recommend this facility to a friend, loved one, or stranger...not even to my worst enemy!

July 12, 2013

Generally, the people at Oak Village Healthcare have been nice although they have been short staffed many times. The reason my mom was there was because she went in straight from the hospital. She couldn't get up and walk. In the evening, I have seen the staff sat around more than answered the residents' buzzers. The day staff was not too bad but I was not happy with the evening staff. One time, my mom had a full bandage on her toes because the staff cut a little bit when he cut her nails without soaking them first. As we knew, elder people's nails were hard when they grew. She had to go into isolation because of the infection and she did not have a bath for a week. My mom complained a lot about the food and I tasted some of it and it was horrible. The attitude of the caretakers and the number should be improved. I would only recommend this facility if the family were available to visit frequently.

Services and Amenities of Oak Village Healthcare

About Oak Village Healthcare

Oak Village Healthcare is a senior living provider in Lake Jackson, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Oak Village Healthcare for more details on services and rates.

Map of Oak Village Healthcare