Parkway Place

Offers Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

1321 Park Bayou Dr, Houston, TX 77077
Parkway Place (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Parkway Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Parkway Place

April 11, 2014

Park Place was a clean facility. I like the fact that they had a courtyard where you can go out and get sunshine. I also like that they had a diverse program for dementia and also for people progressing from dementia to Alzheimer's. I was very satisfied with it. I thought the people there were very friendly. I like the fact that there was adequate help. The one lady who gave me a tour, she was very kind. I would consider this place for my mother because the assistant director was very flexible. She was inviting me to bring my mom to see the place. I was impressed with her attitude in trying to work around what my mom likes and what she likes to do and so forth. Everybody seemed conscientious. When I went there, a group of people were setting up a service where people would have the opportunity to hear The Good News, and that was nice.

December 28, 2012

By Gratified Daughter

Parkway Place is just wonderful. It has beautiful green walkways, a beautiful pond, and they have an area where you can take care of your own garden. My parents love it. They have a 2-bedroom and a study, two bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen. The staff is wonderful and we're very, very pleased. It's fabulous. I would highly recommend Parkway Place.

Nursing Home Reviews for Parkway Place

November 11, 2014

By Don't Go Here!

I think this place is horrible! I visit a loved one quite often during the week. In 3 weeks they still have not cleaned the feces off the carpet in the room and other rooms as well. I checked. They say its dirt, but it clearly is not. The room never smells like it's been clean, not to mention the linens do not get changed everyday, and it's skilled nursing? There's no ice water for them. It should be automatically put there and kept fresh. I rarely see a nurse in there all day. The food smells awful and taste awful. Everytime I am here, some one in skilled nursing is screaming for a nurse. Once in a while you get a nice one. The rest are rude, inattentive, and mean. They clearly don't take care of their patients. They treat them like why bother, they are going to die anyway. Every visit, they smell and they're hair and body have not been properly bathed. Insects? They got them. No joke. They don't even exterminate properly. Other than a roof and a bed, there is nothing here for a loved one. Manager? Management? This place needs both. The ones here are clearly NOT doing their job! They clearly lied to the family about how wonderful it is. The sad thing is the person I visit is now angry, unhappy, not eatting (don't blame them) and worse, they want to die. It's awful here.

September 28, 2014

By Gurley

Disappointing - service is not consistent, food is below par for the price. My family was in both skilled nursing and independent living. Cleanliness of the facility is questionable. We had to ask on the weekends to have the public restrooms serviced. If utilizing this facility and your loved one needs care, employ 24 hr nursing care to ensure thins are getting done in skilled nursing. Staffing is minimal at best and they readily suggest you bring in nursing care on top of the monthly fees they charge. Recently, our Father passed and we went to the offices to request information regarding the transition. The sent us to another office within the facility never offering any condolences. Other members had requested that we supply management with information regarding the funeral. We try to execute the request asking management if there was an area to post such information and they thought about it and said again they would look into it also offering no condolences. I would think that in a facility of this nature that when someone passed, all employees would be notified the following morning. I am not writing this in grief as my Father's passing was a long time coming and we really wanted him to move on. I am writing this as someone who has experienced their service in both independent living as well as skilled nursing.

January 30, 2014

My adoptive mother is now in Parkway Place. It's okay. It's a clean and nice facility; however, I think it's a little bit expensive. Also it's too far from me. My adoptive mother's room is okay. It's big enough for her. The staff is nice and friendly. I asked her about the food and she told me it's okay. They're not homecooked meals but they're okay.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Parkway Place

• Exercise
  • Memory Care
  • Meal Preparation

• About Parkway Place

Parkway Place in Houston, is a serene, 15-acre senior living community near everything you’ve grown to love about Houston. It’s Houston’s best choice for an affordable, luxury lifestyle set in casual elegance. As a continuing care community, Parkway Place offers Independent Living apartment residences, spacious Assisted Living, innovative Memory Care and Skilled Nursing services.

Parkway Place is one of the few Independent Living communities in Houston that has no entrance fees and provides spacious apartment residences on a rental basis. Our residents say that at every level of living, they feel welcomed and “hugged.” With our exceptional staff and leadership, we’ve earned a faith-based trust that makes Buckner’s Parkway Place simply the best retirement destination in Houston.

Parkway Place Amenities