Rocky Hollow Lake House

Reviews of Rocky Hollow Lake House

Assisted Living Reviews for Rocky Hollow Lake House

December 20, 2019

By Trish

I visited Rocky Hollow Lake House. I thought it was quite nice, the grounds were very nice, it's very out there, secluded, and it was pretty good. I was impressed with it, and the rooms were larger. There were people doing crafts, but I didn't think my father would participate in that. It's very upbeat, it seemed like the people really care about the elderly. They're very accommodating, everyone was very nice, and it was very clean.

January 31, 2019

By John

I didn't like Rocky Hollow Lake House. It seemed like it was poorly run and cluttered. It's somewhere I wouldn't put my wife into. It seemed old-fashioned and outdated.

July 27, 2016

By Suzie441532

We had to go with a memory care facility because our mother has dementia issues. We know the owners of The Lodge at Rocky Hollow, so there is a lot of trust and integrity. It is a smaller facility, so there’s a lot more one-on-one attention for the only 23 residents that live there. They have very good people skills and are excellent with inter-relational skills with our mother. There are very conscientious folks that work there. Mother has excellent care around the clock, and that’s very important to us. The pricing is really important, too, so that we can manage her finances effectively every month. It’s just the whole package and three minutes from my home, so it is convenient, too. The place is very clean and very highly secure because a lot of these folks have memory issues either with dementia or Alzheimer’s. Everything they do is based on that. They have two experienced and trained chefs who prepare three very healthy and well-balanced meals a day, and then they also do snacks a couple of times a day. Everything is portion controlled and extremely well-balanced, which is important for our mother’s health since she’s diabetic. The healthcare professionals that are there are wonderful. They have an in-house doctor that comes to Mother and she doesn’t have to leave the faciliy, which is a huge deal for my sister and I because we work full-time, and it is very hard to go and take her and pick her up. Everything is done in-house, which makes it very, very easy.

May 31, 2015

By Mary64831850

The Lodge at Rocky Hollow is family owned. It is small, and there are only 16 residents. The staff is 2:1, which is really very good. It's immaculate. It's friendly. They've got a large area for walking, and if anybody likes looking out the window and looking at beautiful Texas scenery, they have that available without having any harm in it. It is very homey, and my sister-in-law's mother was there for two years. The director is very loving and very caring as is the staff. They're experienced with Alzheimer's, and it's strictly Alzheimer's care. As far as requirements for having the aides, they need to be Alzheimer's certified.

April 03, 2015

The Lodge at Rocky Hollow is excellent. It is clean, and it has good service. They are taking good care of our sister. The outside area is beautiful. The rooms are nice. She has a little kitchen. It couldn't be better. They have activities like crafts. They have an activities director. They provide them with their meals. They help them clean their rooms. They have a little sitting area where they can go and sit. They have an outside area where they can stroll and walk. They have a little movie theater inside that is really nice if they want to go watch movies.

March 23, 2015

By Betty1128

My dad has been a resident at The Lodge at Rocky Hollow for almost four years. It was difficult for me to have to place him in a residential situation, but from the very beginning we were treated with compassion, dignity, and respect. It is a bright and cheerful place and I believe my Dad is getting the best care available. We are both treated like family and I have never regretted choosing The Lodge at Rocky Hollow.

February 28, 2015

By Seymore41

I have a client of mine moved from one place to another. After he was moved here I was so happy to meet the staff and see the full time caregiver/med aide living here also. The staff and other residents are so compassionate to give him space and realize he needs time to adjust. Brandon cooks all the meals, does all the laundry, cleans all the time, and Fabion is there to help in grocery/pharmacy shopping and he also helps Brandon when needed. These guys are the best and the reisidents love them being there. Its a home, and feels so comfortable. I also met the nice wonderful lady and her husband who run the homes and very pleased to know them. I am so happy as so is his wife and others. I only hope more smaller homes for the elderly will be runned by these who know what their doing.

February 26, 2015

By 3grand65

The Lodges feels like home and the staff is friendly and attentive. The home is very clean and well maintained. Mom loves the activities that are planned and especially loves the musical entertainment that they have each month. She is always front and center with whatever is going on. I feel comfortable that she is happy, content and safe. I would highly recommend the Lodges to anyone who finds themselves in search of a facility for their loved one.

January 15, 2015

By Janet888

Its a small home about 10 minutes from Austin or 5 minutes from Cedar Park. Beautiful country home with perfect wood floors, granite and stainless steel kitchen, etc. The staff was so nice. I already looked at 6 other places and this one is at the top of my short list. The downside, since they only have a few beds, I have to decide soon. The owner has a lot of experience and is so caring. This place is very nice, I recommend it.

September 30, 2014

By Georgetown resident

I visit a dear friend at the Lodges several times a week and I am so pleased to see the good care my friend receives! They are all treated like family and it feels very much like their home! I would recommend anyone who is looking for a place for their loved one to be sure and visit the Lodges!

September 28, 2014

By Sonofmother

I liked Rocky Hollow for my mother because I seemed more like home than the others I visited. My mother seem happy here given her situation. The staff care and are great and seem truly dedicated to making the residents as comfortable as they can be.

September 12, 2014

By Martdebb8

Other than the fact that The Lodge at Rocky Hollow is in our backyard, I enjoyed the "at home" atmosphere. We are laid back people so it suits our taste all the way. We went during lunch time for a tour and the food looked incredible. The rooms all have private bathrooms which is a big plus. Staff at the time were all hands on with the patients and were very nice to me. I would highly encourage everyone to take a tour at this facility for their family member. The Lodge is in my top picks for when I move my mom.

Thank you for your kind words. We can truly say we are a family taking care of families. Placing a family member with a memory disorder may be the hardest decision you ever have to make. Come see how our family can make a difference.

May 30, 2014

The Lodge at Rocky Hollow was my husband's favorite because he grew up on a ranch, and this is 10 acres out in the country. I didn't meet a lot of people while we were there. My husband liked it better than I did because I thought the rooms were not as nice. The staff seemed to be all right. The director or the owner was very nice, and it had been in the same family, I think she said for 20 years. So the facility wasn't as new as the others, but it was well maintained. They had some activities, including computer activities and computer games. I would recommend it to somebody who wanted to be out in the country.

Memory Care Reviews for Rocky Hollow Lake House

July 03, 2019

By SL

My husband was at Rocky Hollow Lake House. His care had been just fine. I was satisfied with everything. It seemed to be an older house but everything was well-taken care of. Everybody can improve and we can all do better at our jobs, but the most important thing to me is the attitude of the people there who were caring for him. It had all been very positive. My husband was pleased with the food, too. He was certainly happy with it. I had watched them do some activities and I thought they were doing great. The staff seemed to be well trained. Activities were very good there. My husband participated in everything, which I was happy about. They didn't allow them to just go sit in their rooms. Everybody seemed busy and involved; I really like that about this community.

January 25, 2019

By Sherry

I found Rocky Hollow Lake House for my husband. It was the one I liked best. It had brand-new sections and rooms that nobody has been in before him. They have a beautiful courtyard. The staff has done very well so far, and I'm impressed with the care he's getting.

Hi Sherry, Thank you so much for your kind review as well as entrusting us with your husband! Rocky Hollow Lake House
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

• Housing Extra: Companion Studios/Private Studios

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About Rocky Hollow Lake House

At Rocky Hollow Lake House our mission is to provide the best care to our residents by providing a community of respect and dignity. With ALL INCLUSIVE PRICING, our 24/7 staff promotes independence, and is always there to assist. Their home is our work. Assisted Living at Rocky Hollow Lake House includes assistance with all daily activities from bathing, dressing, grooming, medication management, scheduled social and physical activities, companionship, and much much more.

We strive to do all we can with dignity, respect, and compassion.

Caring for loved one with Dementia can be very tough. Eventually, it becomes difficult to keep a loved one with Dementia at home. However, Rocky Hollow Lake House is an option for home away from home. We provide all the care your loved one needs in a secure premises with trained staff and management. Additionally, all upper-level management are Certified Dementia Practitioners (CDP).

We believe in order to offer the best memory care we need exceptional staff, thoughtful strategy, and a personal touch. Not only is our staff continuously educated on Alzheimer's and Dementia, but understand how to nurture those effected by the disease. Our strategy from beginning, end, and EVERYTHING in between has our residents in mind. Their care, comfort, and happiness goes into every decision by staff and management. Our owner and CEO knows first-hand to have a parent who was effected with Dementia and needed assistance. We treat our residents like we would our own mother or father.

• Private and Shared floor plans
  • Private Bathroom's in all floor plans
  • Kitchenette's in all floor plans
  • Every room equipped with window(s) and scenic view
  • Certified Dementia Practitioners
  • Chef prepared fine dining
  • Family style dining tables to provide social interaction and sense of community
  • Assistance with daily activities: bathing, dressing, grooming, and personal hygiene
  • Recreational and Social Programs by experienced Activity Director
  • Activities designed for Dementia residents
  • Exercise program for strengthening and conditioning
  • Over one acre of secured walking paths
  • 24/7 Attendants
  • Registered Nurse
  • M.D. on-site visits
  • Dentist on-site Visits
  • Podiatrist on-site visits
  • Medication management and supervision
  • Incontinence care
  • Daily housekeeping
  • Daily linen and personal laundry services
  • Cable and WiFi available in personal rooms
  • Beautician and Salon services (additional cost)
  • 4 miles west of Sun City
  • Special events: live music, happy hour, holiday parties, Church and event outings, and much much more!

Our care goes above and beyond because this is personal to us. Rocky Hollow Lake House is proud to be a family-run operation. We are honored to say our resident's, their families, and our staff is a part of our family.

Map of Rocky Hollow Lake House