Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte

Offers Independent Living

1941 Saul Kleinfeld Dr, El Paso, TX 79936
Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 5 days

$3500 In Discounts for January 2020 Move-Ins!

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte

November 22, 2015

There were a lot of people at Rio Norte when we went there. There was an event happening, so it was kind of crowded. As far as the assisted living, it was fine. We saw a one-bedroom apartment that seemed fine. There was a party that day, so everybody was eating and having a good time. There was a girl there named was Victoria who was very helpful and very nice. She was the one that set up the invitation for us to visit. Actually, there have been a couple of times that we had contact with her. She was always very kind.

October 27, 2015

By A Caring Son1

We visited Rio Norte. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were minimal, but Mom was very happy with them. She said that's probably where she will go to if she decides to. They had good activities too. I attended one, so I could take some videos to show my Mom what it is like. Everything that Mom would need, I would say she has there available to her. It was well-managed and well-maintained. A lot of the residents were very friendly too.

July 20, 2015

By Dawn28

They had great food, and they had what we needed. Rio Norte was a fantastic place. They had younger people there. My mom is 92 years old, but we tried to get her to come down from Michigan. The staff was great and very helpful. They had everything. Cars could be parked there. I was even looking at it for myself. They had Blackjack, pool tables, internet access, and a religious facility. They had several apartments. It didn't smell like urine like all the other places did. It was a lot cheaper than what we're paying in Michigan -- which is $4200 a month -- and there in El Paso, it was $2500, which included care. There were younger people there, they drive their cars, and it's just a few miles from my house.

December 13, 2014

By Blanca1

I was very pleased with Rio Norte. We had a lot of choices, and the prices were reasonable. It is very clean. You enter, and everything is like new. They have 2-bedroom and 1-bedroom apartments, and they a studio apartment type. The room that I saw was one that they use as a model, and they have furniture. The food was very good. Everything that they serve was very well prepared. I have met 2 or 3 ladies that live there; they are all very pleased with the facility. Very nice, friendly people. The staff was wonderful; they called me back and invited me to some of their events. They have a comedy night and a movie night; they had different things. It is a good facility. I will recommend it to anybody especially because it’s the only one on this side of town. It doesn’t have a swimming pool if the people want to do water exercises, but it has a small area where they have 2 or 3 exercise machines.

December 09, 2014

By Earl7

We spent one afternoon at Rio Norte. The staff did a good job in accommodating us, and that was really nice. They were really first class in everything that they do. The rooms are spacious. This facility is more livable. All the things around it are easier to get to.

September 25, 2014

Rio Norte was an expensive community. It was beautiful, but I couldn't afford it. I saw one area during my visit, which was hteir activity room. Everybody was busy doing something. I would love to be there if I could afford it.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is 78. Some of their favorite activities are exercise, bocci ball, playing cards and outings. They especially enjoy the variety of entertainment that comes to the community.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Local park and full gym within walking distance of the community. Grocery stores, drug stores, churches, banks and other shopping within 1 mile of community. The community is also close to the VA Hospital, Fort Bliss and other attractions.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte has organized?

Speaking Rock Casino, El Paso Zoo, Lunch Bunch outings to famous restaurants and minor leagues baseball games.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte offer to independent living residents?

Transportation 3X a week to medical appointments, miscellaneous stops to banks, post office, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

The Chef prepares two different entrees for each meal plus the five "always available" menu options. The meals are always created fresh daily.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Library, Entertainment Room, Activity Room, Game Room, Dining Room, Chapel and a Barber Shop/Beauty Salon. The community also has 4 laundry rooms available to all residents and an outside walking trail and rose garden with beautiful landscaping.

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte offer to independent living residents?

All residents have pendants to wear so they can use if they need assistance. The outside doors lock at 7pm and open at 6am. Residents and families have keys for the emergency exits. The community also has a concierge 8:30am - 10:00pm.

If Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

The community accepts dogs and cats. They are able to enjoy the outside areas.

Does Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Yes. Angels on Hand, Family First, Lifespan, Encompass and Envision. These companies provide home health and hospice services.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte

Photos of Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte

Services and Amenities of Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

• Independent Living Starting At: $2000/month

• About Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte