Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte

March 26, 2021

By Christine

We took a tour of Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte and we loved it. The people were wonderful, fantastic, they were welcoming, and truly wanted to know some personal information that would help our communication be better with our mother-in-law. We were shown several different apartments, different sides of the building, views, and we are making another appointment tomorrow to bring my mother-in-law there. We received the menus, got introduced to the staff, maintenance, and their directors and entertainment people, and everything was covered. Tomorrow they're gonna prepare meals for us to go.

We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time touring our community, Christine! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We hope to hear from you soon.

September 16, 2020

By Irenev

I visited Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte. I got to view some of the apartments when I was given a tour of the place. It was very nice. The staff member was a very nice person and he was very detailed about everything. He informed us of daily procedures that they follow right now with COVID. Everything went well. That was the one we really liked. The facility was great.

July 02, 2019

By Laura

Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte is very good. It's a lot better than where my mom was before. My mom's room is very nice and she has access to use the washer and dryer. It's a one-bedroom with a kitchenette, living room, and lots of closet space. We're also paying a lot less there than the previous place she lived. She has cable TV included. The people have been very nice and my mom is very happy. She also says the food is great. For the first month that a resident is there, family members could eat free with them, which was amazing. They've been nothing but professional and very caring for my mother.

April 19, 2019

By Reviewer#JE040719

Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte was very pleasant and everything was fine. The facility was very clean and the man who took me on the tour was nice.

April 02, 2018

By Jan

Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte is clean, bright, and cheery. The director was very kind. I saw 1- and 2-bedroom apartments, and they were clean, light, and airy. The place has nice landscaping. What impressed me was if you attend activities there, you get points, and once a week, you can cash in your points for toilet paper, soap, or things that they have out, and I thought that was really unique. The people seemed very friendly. My first impression was very favorable.

May 06, 2017

By Talaya

It was nice, and I liked it. My father just didn’t want to move in because he kept thinking it was a retirement home, and I tried to tell him it wasn’t. The people were nice. The rooms were clean and an appropriate size for one person, but you would have to bring your own furniture. The grounds were beautiful. They were eating dinner when I went, and the food smelled delicious. They actually have a nice menu, and they give them a menu instead of just telling them that there is one set menu. The place was beautiful. They have a calendar each month of all the activities that they offer for the elderly to come out and do. They have exercise classes and fun things; they have a lot to keep them active.

March 30, 2017

By Ed186221

I like it here. I like the idea of 3 meals a day, and I don’t have to cook them. I like that the staff stay out of my life unless I need something. My room looks like a hotel room with a small refrigerator, very small sink, a bedroom, a bathroom, and a living room. We have exercises 3 times a day. We have bingo and card games, and we play with little balls rolling on the floor.

February 23, 2017

By John616072

It was very clean, and they had all the things that I would be wanting; we're going to utilize that one. They were very professional and courteous. They had a chart that showed movies, games, and arts and crafts -- things that I enjoyed doing -- and they seemed filled and booked up all month.

August 30, 2016

By Michael B 14

This one of the few facilities we visited that the residents seemed to be happy to be alive.

December 09, 2014

By Earl7

We spent one afternoon here. The staff did a good job in accommodating us, and that was really nice. They were really first class in everything that they do. The rooms are spacious. This facility is more livable. All the things around it are easier to get to.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is 78. Some of their favorite activities are exercise, bocci ball, playing cards and outings. They especially enjoy the variety of entertainment that comes to the community.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Local park and full gym within walking distance of the community. Grocery stores, drug stores, churches, banks and other shopping within 1 mile of community. The community is also close to the VA Hospital, Fort Bliss and other attractions.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte has organized?

Speaking Rock Casino, El Paso Zoo, Lunch Bunch outings to famous restaurants and minor leagues baseball games.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte offer to independent living residents?

Transportation 3X a week to medical appointments, miscellaneous stops to banks, post office, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

The Chef prepares two different entrees for each meal plus the five "always available" menu options. The meals are always created fresh daily.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Library, Entertainment Room, Activity Room, Game Room, Dining Room, Chapel and a Barber Shop/Beauty Salon. The community also has 4 laundry rooms available to all residents and an outside walking trail and rose garden with beautiful landscaping.

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte offer to independent living residents?

All residents have pendants to wear so they can use if they need assistance. The outside doors lock at 7pm and open at 6am. Residents and families have keys for the emergency exits. The community also has a concierge 8:30am - 10:00pm.

If Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

The community accepts dogs and cats. They are able to enjoy the outside areas.

Does Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Yes. Angels on Hand, Family First, Lifespan, Encompass and Envision. These companies provide home health and hospice services.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Rio Norte