The MonteVista at Coronado

Reviews of The MonteVista at Coronado

Independent Living Reviews for The MonteVista at Coronado

July 31, 2018

By Nicole

My father has been in The MonteVista at Coronado, and so far it has been very good. Everybody has been gracious to him and they have a lot of activities that I like for him, so it’s very active. He also likes their food very much. The facilities are clean and nicely decorated. It’s a little pricey, but I think it’s worth it.

March 14, 2018

By Elizabeth

My mother is at Montevista at Coronado. It is a very nice community. She is happy there. They do have their issues, but the care is good. We haven't had any issues with them, but my mother is always complaining about the food. Also, the rent is going up, and since my mother is on a limited budget, I'm trying to get some help under the Aid and Assistance program.

July 14, 2017

By The Rose Family

When Dad had to be in the rehab-to-home licensed skilled nursing unit at Montevista at Coronado last year we moved move Mom upstairs into one of their apartments units so they could be near one another and visit daily. Dad got excellent care in the skilled nursing unit and eventually recovered enough to move upstairs with Mom for a few months in their temp demo unit. The food is very good (only 2 meals a day included in rent, you have to pay out of pocket for a 3rd meal) but the kitchens are well appointed for any extra food prep desired - but the cuisine on offer is a wide selection an and 5 star preparation. Laundry facilities on each floor and weekly maid service - if you want you can hire some extra aids right there on site, so handy! And Mom and Dad needed extra help so we were able to hire a home health services aids from an in-house company that have their offices right there on site and they gave us concierge service when Mom and Dad wanted their meals brought up from the dining room. The apartments are spacious, located way up the hill with gorgeous vistas off the balconies of the westside. There are activities, happy hour, bingo, a little putting green off the lovely dining room with waiter service, and all sorts of things for more active seniors to do. Our family decided Mom and Dad really needed skilled nursing closer to their home on the eastside of town, or we'd still be there. We can't thank the General Manager, Michael Hainer, enough for all the above and beyond help and kindness he and his staff gave us during our stay. We highly recommend the Montevista as a senior living home that feels more like a really nice resort.

May 21, 2017

By deaf-daughter

Beautiful independent living facility. GREAT food. Resident led activities as well as some facility activities. Allows pets - but they are not allowed to bother other residents or be at all nuisances. Guest apartments for families. Staff very nice and attentive. Issue - they have promised resident call buttons for years but have not provided them yet. Rehab and long term care in a separate area -- also amazing. Independent residents can get rehab in house too.

November 21, 2016

By Michael B 14

We liked the Montevista. Looking over the list of activities, it looked like they were kind of busy. They had activities everyday.

October 20, 2016

By Barbara625842

Montevista at Coronado was very nice, and all the people there looked like they had a lot of money. My daughter just didn't think she would fit in with them. They were kind of looking at her like "What are you doing here?" But the building and everything was very nice, and the staff were nice, but she didn't like the people that were living there. That sounds kind of corny, but I think it's also important. They told us that they will take her at 52, and by the time we got ready to move in, they said no.

May 10, 2016

By Satisfied Resident369

Montevista was very nice. The only reason we didn’t go there is because we live on the East side and it’s on the West side of El Paso and we thought we’d be closer to our church and friends elsewhere. The meals were balanced while we were there, and the staff and everything just seemed to run very smoothly. It was so far from where we had lived that we thought we’d be better off going somewhere else. Their activities are pretty much the same, and they have therapy groups that if you need therapy. I was in rehab there for about eight weeks. The staff was very personable, very professional, and they also were very good.

July 20, 2015

By Peggy109628150

My father moved in to The Montevista at Coronado last May. The place is beautiful, and the staff is friendly and helpful. The apartments are beautiful and lovely. He has a complete bedroom; it’s a real apartment. They have a complete kitchen, and the facility is on beautiful grounds. Everything in it is lovely. You walk in, there’s a large lobby, and they have coffee, ice water, and snacks out all the time. They offer lots of activities; he has really taken to the exercises classes, he does a couple of different ones, he plays bingo, and he watches movies in the evening, which he enjoys. They have happy hour every day. He really likes the place.

December 09, 2014

By Earl7

I certainly think Montevista at Coronado is a 5-star facility. Everything was first class, but they are also more expensive. The staff were really nice.

Earl - thank you for visiting our beautiful community. And, you are correct. We are a Five Star community and very proud of it. I think the perception is that we are more expensive than others but when you get right down to it we are pretty comparable. Our rates are all inclusive where others add additional charges for meals, transportation, etc. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit and invite you to visit us again - and join me for one of our "five star" meals. You will definitely see the value of The MonteVista. Robin Owen, Director of Sales & Marketing

December 06, 2014

By Paul97698550

I didn't think the rooms were as nice at Montevista at Coronado. It was a nice building on the outside, but they weren't as clean, and even though it was more expensive, they were only offering two meals a day instead of three. I just felt they weren't quite as friendly. They had one and two bedrooms, which were OK, but it just looked like they needed some work, new carpet, and some other things. I wasn't overly impressed. They do have a lot of activities. The common dining area was OK.

Paul - Thank you for your visit to our community and letting us know of some areas that we need to give more attention to. We do have a beautiful community and we want to keep it looking beautiful. We are constantly updating areas such as the case with our new roof. You are correct that we offer two meals but we have found that lots of seniors don't eat 3 meals a day anymore. However, there are numerous social activities that provide some type of food. For example, at our daily happy hour we offer appetizers and at Super Bingo on Sundays we have food such as chili, tacos or pizza. Not to mention the "Sundaes on Mondays" or our monthly birthday celebrations. Paul - I would like to invite you to come visit us again and join me for lunch or dinner in our beautiful dining room. If you have any other questions or concerns about The MonteVista, please don't hesitate to call me. Robin Owen, Director of Sales & Marketing

July 18, 2014

We are living in Montevista de Coronado. It provides everything to those who are really disabled. The company provides the transportation. The meals, which include breakfast, noon, and supper, are provided by the facility. We are very happy with the food. The evening meal has three main courses, which usually have about 5 different vegetables and desserts. There are a great deal of activities provided for us. There is something going on every day. The rooms are very nice. We have a three-room apartment. It has two bedrooms, a living room, a kitchenette, and because our children are visiting, we provide a spare bedroom, and they are quite large. It is in a pretty much secluded area. It is claimed to be a 5-star facility and I will rate it as such.

Nursing Home Reviews for The MonteVista at Coronado

November 17, 2011

By Pongo

The staff knows the patients--their likes and dislikes. The patients may have difficulty in communicating, but the staff will determine what their needs are--without losing patience. The Monte Vista is a beautiful place visually, but it's really the staff that makes it so good.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for The MonteVista at Coronado

• Spanish

• Pets: Small Pets

• Get Costs

About The MonteVista at Coronado

The MonteVista at Coronado offers compassionate senior care in El Paso, TX. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at The MonteVista at Coronado shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in El Paso, TX.

Map of The MonteVista at Coronado