Montevista at Coronado

Reviews of Montevista at Coronado

Independent Living Reviews for Montevista at Coronado

March 14, 2018

By Elizabeth

My mother is at Montevista at Coronado. It is a very nice community. She is happy there. They do have their issues, but the care is good. We haven't had any issues with them, but my mother is always complaining about the food. Also, the rent is going up, and since my mother is on a limited budget, I'm trying to get some help under the Aid and Assistance program.

July 14, 2017

By The Rose Family

When Dad had to be in the rehab-to-home licensed skilled nursing unit at Montevista at Coronado last year we moved move Mom upstairs into one of their apartments units so they could be near one another and visit daily. Dad got excellent care in the skilled nursing unit and eventually recovered enough to move upstairs with Mom for a few months in their temp demo unit. The food is very good (only 2 meals a day included in rent, you have to pay out of pocket for a 3rd meal) but the kitchens are well appointed for any extra food prep desired - but the cuisine on offer is a wide selection an and 5 star preparation. Laundry facilities on each floor and weekly maid service - if you want you can hire some extra aids right there on site, so handy! And Mom and Dad needed extra help so we were able to hire a home health services aids from an in-house company that have their offices right there on site and they gave us concierge service when Mom and Dad wanted their meals brought up from the dining room. The apartments are spacious, located way up the hill with gorgeous vistas off the balconies of the westside. There are activities, happy hour, bingo, a little putting green off the lovely dining room with waiter service, and all sorts of things for more active seniors to do. Our family decided Mom and Dad really needed skilled nursing closer to their home on the eastside of town, or we'd still be there. We can't thank the General Manager, Michael Hainer, enough for all the above and beyond help and kindness he and his staff gave us during our stay. We highly recommend the Montevista as a senior living home that feels more like a really nice resort.

May 21, 2017

By deaf-daughter

Beautiful independent living facility. GREAT food. Resident led activities as well as some facility activities. Allows pets - but they are not allowed to bother other residents or be at all nuisances. Guest apartments for families. Staff very nice and attentive. Issue - they have promised resident call buttons for years but have not provided them yet. Rehab and long term care in a separate area -- also amazing. Independent residents can get rehab in house too.

November 21, 2016

By Michael B 14

We liked the Montevista. Looking over the list of activities, it looked like they were kind of busy. They had activities everyday.

October 20, 2016

By Barbara625842

Montevista at Coronado was very nice, and all the people there looked like they had a lot of money. My daughter just didn't think she would fit in with them. They were kind of looking at her like "What are you doing here?" But the building and everything was very nice, and the staff were nice, but she didn't like the people that were living there. That sounds kind of corny, but I think it's also important. They told us that they will take her at 52, and by the time we got ready to move in, they said no.

May 10, 2016

By Satisfied Resident369

Montevista was very nice. The only reason we didn’t go there is because we live on the East side and it’s on the West side of El Paso and we thought we’d be closer to our church and friends elsewhere. The meals were balanced while we were there, and the staff and everything just seemed to run very smoothly. It was so far from where we had lived that we thought we’d be better off going somewhere else. Their activities are pretty much the same, and they have therapy groups that if you need therapy. I was in rehab there for about eight weeks. The staff was very personable, very professional, and they also were very good.

July 20, 2015

By Peggy109628150

My father moved in to The Montevista at Coronado last May. The place is beautiful, and the staff is friendly and helpful. The apartments are beautiful and lovely. He has a complete bedroom; it’s a real apartment. They have a complete kitchen, and the facility is on beautiful grounds. Everything in it is lovely. You walk in, there’s a large lobby, and they have coffee, ice water, and snacks out all the time. They offer lots of activities; he has really taken to the exercises classes, he does a couple of different ones, he plays bingo, and he watches movies in the evening, which he enjoys. They have happy hour every day. He really likes the place.

December 09, 2014

By Earl7

I certainly think Montevista at Coronado is a 5-star facility. Everything was first class, but they are also more expensive. The staff were really nice.

Earl - thank you for visiting our beautiful community. And, you are correct. We are a Five Star community and very proud of it. I think the perception is that we are more expensive than others but when you get right down to it we are pretty comparable. Our rates are all inclusive where others add additional charges for meals, transportation, etc. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit and invite you to visit us again - and join me for one of our "five star" meals. You will definitely see the value of The MonteVista. Robin Owen, Director of Sales & Marketing

December 06, 2014

By Paul97698550

I didn't think the rooms were as nice at Montevista at Coronado. It was a nice building on the outside, but they weren't as clean, and even though it was more expensive, they were only offering two meals a day instead of three. I just felt they weren't quite as friendly. They had one and two bedrooms, which were OK, but it just looked like they needed some work, new carpet, and some other things. I wasn't overly impressed. They do have a lot of activities. The common dining area was OK.

Paul - Thank you for your visit to our community and letting us know of some areas that we need to give more attention to. We do have a beautiful community and we want to keep it looking beautiful. We are constantly updating areas such as the case with our new roof. You are correct that we offer two meals but we have found that lots of seniors don't eat 3 meals a day anymore. However, there are numerous social activities that provide some type of food. For example, at our daily happy hour we offer appetizers and at Super Bingo on Sundays we have food such as chili, tacos or pizza. Not to mention the "Sundaes on Mondays" or our monthly birthday celebrations. Paul - I would like to invite you to come visit us again and join me for lunch or dinner in our beautiful dining room. If you have any other questions or concerns about The MonteVista, please don't hesitate to call me. Robin Owen, Director of Sales & Marketing

July 18, 2014

We are living in Montevista de Coronado. It provides everything to those who are really disabled. The company provides the transportation. The meals, which include breakfast, noon, and supper, are provided by the facility. We are very happy with the food. The evening meal has three main courses, which usually have about 5 different vegetables and desserts. There are a great deal of activities provided for us. There is something going on every day. The rooms are very nice. We have a three-room apartment. It has two bedrooms, a living room, a kitchenette, and because our children are visiting, we provide a spare bedroom, and they are quite large. It is in a pretty much secluded area. It is claimed to be a 5-star facility and I will rate it as such.

March 13, 2012

By jazzi1

This assisted nursing facility is one of the renowned facilities in this area. It has been developed with a view to offer a better life style and associated facilities for old people. I found is very spacious, neat and calm. The management and working staff are keen to look after the residents and offer them what they desire. I met lot of men and women who were busy in gossiping and playing with their pets. The staff is very responsive and is ready to help round the clock. Dining, laundry, internet, mini library are few of the facilities which are available at cheaper rates. Medical facility is available nearby and medical staff is there to offer care. Generally, the atmosphere is nice and quiet with lot of people in there to live an enjoyable life. Siblings are allowed to visit their loved ones any time in the day and night. I would recommend this facility being reasonably cheap but surely, of a better quality of life.

January 12, 2012

By commercesd

We really thought the Spanish style exterior of the Montevista at Coronado assisted living facility in El Paso was beautiful. We are looking for a place in the region for our uncle. The staff who greeted us seemed very professional, but still cordial. The levels of care available could suit any \senior living retirement or rehabilitation situation. We were relieved to find that our uncle could keep his beloved kitty. The community rooms were thoughtfully designed, with a colonial decor that was warm and inviting. We liked the fireplaces in the sitting and living rooms and all the ample seating. The library was really nice, with plenty of seating. The facility overall is very clean and bright. The dining area and food was really exceptional. We tried some lunch which was flavorful and healthy. The snack were particularly interesting and are offered any time the seniors desire. The exercise rooms were fully equipped and they offer many different types of classes -- from yoga to aerobics and strength training. There is a trainer who comes weekly to work with residents. The residents enjoy just about any type of activity one could think of here - but also have access to the wonderful greenery and surroundings outside. They are also taken out to every social event in the region possible -- from art galleries to shopping and music, cinema and local plays. This is a full service facility that seemed to have very nice staff and plenty of amenities to offer its residents. We know that our uncle would really enjoy the breathtaking views of the Franklin Mountains. It was clear to us that this is a facility that strives to provide the best services possible, with their dedication and passion to ensuring that all residents are well taken care of and content.

November 17, 2011

By Pongo

The staff knows the patients--their likes and dislikes. The patients may have difficulty in communicating, but the staff will determine what their needs are--without losing patience. The Monte Vista is a beautiful place visually, but it's really the staff that makes it so good.

June 22, 2011

By KarKai

The Montevista provides several levels of assisted living at their facility, from a simple retirement facility to those requiring high levels of care. Not only does the Montevista provide these services, they do so at a luxury facility located high above El Paso at the top of Belvidere in the Coronado Country Club area. For those residents requiring little care, the facility is next door to Queen of Peace Catholic Church and close enough to the Coronado Country Club that you can walk right on to the first tee. Additionally, Montevista provides shuttle service to local shopping malls and grocery stores for those uncomfortable or incapable of driving. The facility also boasts game rooms and on site eateries. Easily the best option available in El Paso, TX.

Nursing Home Reviews for Montevista at Coronado

Costs for Montevista at Coronado

Photos of Montevista at Coronado

Services and Amenities of Montevista at Coronado

• Vegetarian

• Spanish

• Pets: Small Pets

• About Montevista at Coronado

The Montevista at Coronado offers compassionate senior care in El Paso, TX. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at The Montevista at Coronado shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in El Paso, TX.

Map of Montevista at Coronado