Cedar Ridge Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Reviews of Cedar Ridge Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Memory Care Reviews for Cedar Ridge Alzheimer's Special Care Center

February 18, 2021

By Cathy

My husband has been in Cedar Ridge Alzheimer's Special Care Center since Christmas Eve. The people are wonderful, and he seems really happy there. They're a specialized Alzheimer's care home, but they take Parkinson's patients. He has Parkinson's with mild dementia. I'm perfectly happy with them right now. The staff is just really caring, and they do fun things for 'em. They have an app, and they send you pictures of what they're doing. You can go on your app and see what they're doing. They're really nice. I haven't met anybody I didn't like. When I visit, they have plexiglass up on a table. We go into an old cafeteria that they don't use anymore, but it's always clean. They send you a calendar of what they do. They have extensive activities, and it's the most I've seen anywhere. They played balloon volleyball, and they had Elvis' birthday where they all got to dress up as Elvis, they dressed them up, they had guitars, and they played a bunch of games. I didn't read the activities calendar. I just saw how long it was because my husband is very limited in what he can do. They don't let them stay in their rooms. They keep 'em out of their room to do activities or meet other people. They keep 'em active.

Our Philosophy of Care is a simple one: To care for each resident with dignity and respect and join you in honoring them. We strive to provide a warm, caring and supportive environment where our residents can experience daily routines and familiar faces. Our programs are designed to add meaning and value to their lives and to help them feel comfortable in their environment. Throughout their stay with us, our residents' health and well-being will be a shared concern among their family, friends and our knowledgeable staff. As partners in care, we will work together to build a plan that supports their independence and provides them with the sense of belonging that is so important to all of us.

August 21, 2017

By Corrie

We loved Cedar Ridge Alzheimer's Special Care Center. The food wasn’t consistent, but the residents were happy. I would recommend it.

October 05, 2016

By Gail245158

Cedar Ridge was alright, but it wasn’t as good as the other one I visited. The staff was positive and friendly. It looked like it was cleaned and maintained. The layout was OK, but it wasn’t as bright and airy as the other facility.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: Assisted Living Facility Alzheimer Certificate

About Cedar Ridge Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Often the mental demands of those struggling with Alzheimer's disease can take over the emotional needs. But at JEA Senior Living, we keep the emotional needs and feelings of your loved one at the very center of what we do.

Our exclusive Meaningful Moments&reg program is specifically designed to help meet the needs of those Residents with memory loss. We begin by discovering the life story of each individual's likes, dislikes and cherished memories. By adding details and preferences from each Resident's life story into their day, we can build comfort and a sense of meaning for each individual Resident. The result is a familiar atmosphere for your loved one.

Our Residents have access to a whole host of amenities and programming options to help keep them active and engaged in daily life.

There are excursions to restaurants and shopping, arts and crafts classes, movie nights and many chances for family and holiday celebrations. Our Meaningful Moments&reg program, paired with our active and engaged staff members at JEA Senior Living, brings together the very best Alzheimer's care.

We offer a unique memory care program called Meaningful Moments; this foundation brings the residents' past routines and preferences into their daily lives which then promotes feelings of security and comfort.

Map of Cedar Ridge Alzheimer's Special Care Center