Somerby of Mount Pleasant

Reviews of Somerby of Mount Pleasant

Assisted Living Reviews for Somerby of Mount Pleasant

April 10, 2015

By Rebecca36

My in-laws are in Somerby, and I am very happy with them. The food was very good. They do exercise and take them out to places. They are accommodating and friendly. They are happy and comfortable. I thought it was really nice and well-maintained. I would absolutely recommend the place.

December 30, 2014

I didn't like that place. They had a lot of old people. It was setup as a convalescent home. Then they started opening up rooms for more people with more problems. I didn't stay there very long to know the staff. I just walked into the place and kind of decided it wasn't for me.

October 30, 2014

By Craig Restle

I wanted to mention that I was at the memory care unit in Mount Pleasant, SC on Saturday, September 20, 2014. While I was there visiting my father, Clayton, I experienced a horrific seizure. Because of the quick work of the attendants, I was rushed to MUSC hospital where I completely recovered. Thank you to the Somerby staff for helping me and for taking good care of my father. Craig Restle

October 05, 2014

By Ruth40

Somerby of Mount Pleasant is beautiful and it is clean. I didn't taste the food or anything, but the restaurant looked nice. They have a nice pool. I liked the idea of the cottages, which were kind of outside the apartments and the assisted living. They had these cottages around the property that you can live in, and although they are more independent, you can still have access to services. So I went and showed that to my parents, and they liked that option better than the apartments.

September 26, 2014

By Awesome experience at Somerby of Mt. Pleasant and with Caring.com

I was very happy that when my husband and I got ready to leave after we visited Somerby, we felt like it was more like a spa. It was so put together and clean. They have a lot of activities that I know would interest my parents. I think it would keep them very busy -- if they wanted to be busy with socials. They have everything that they would need. I think that the rooms are set up very well especially for my folk’s ages, everything from the call button on up. They like to know when my folks would come and go. It just lets me know that they care enough to know their whereabouts. We really thought it was a top notch place. That would be my first choice.

April 29, 2014

By Carl Ahlert

My sister has been a resident about nine months. She was in independent living until three weeks ago, when she moved into assisted living. She has always enjoyed the meals and recently mentioned that the staff members are all very nice. I find the range of services excellent - more extensive than she is inclined to ask for. I have peace of mind that my sister has the care she needs and sufficient opportunity to form relationships with the other residents. My family and I have.

April 29, 2014

By Tom NJ

I am a big fan of Somerby and I believe that they take A+ care of my mom. The facility is nice with good dining facilities, exercise rooms, on site Health Care services for the occasional times when my mom needed a little extra help. The apartment is roomy and comfortable. Somerby also offers endless services for its residents including by not limited to shuttles to her doctors, shopping and other entertainment things. The facility also is organized so that I get all the calls and management issues and alerts seamlessly. Next of my “like” list are the friends that she has there to encourage her to get out and exercise. And if the above wasn’t enough, my staff experiences have all be friendly, nice and helpful. Bottom line for me is that I am far away but know that she is in good hands.

Independent Living Reviews for Somerby of Mount Pleasant

July 09, 2014

I've been to Somerby before. Everything was nice about it. For me, it was just the distance. It's a beautiful facility though. The staff was wonderful. When I went there, my mother was independent, and independent is entirely different. They had artwork. They seemed to have a lot going on. I was impressed with what I saw.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Somerby of Mount Pleasant

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt
  • Vegetarian

• About Somerby of Mount Pleasant

Our mission is to inspire and nurture successful aging each and every day, and we encourage every resident of our active rental retirement community to reach out and grab more of life while they keep control of their future. Our programming centerpiece, Masterpiece Living, partners with the Mayo Clinic for an exclusive, groundbreaking approach to wellness.

We also offer independent living apartment homes and villas, private assisted living and memory care residences, and respite accommodations all on site, a no-entry fee approach, all-inclusive pricing and valuable health care benefit worth hundreds of dollars if care is ever needed. Plus, true maintenance-free living surrounded by resort-style services and amenities, and a wide variety of activities to keep you active, engaged and healthy.

We call it The Somerby Spark, and it ignites the difference between our active retirement lifestyle and anything else.

Features of Somerby Of Mount Pleasant