Garden Spring Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Garden Spring Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Garden Spring Center

September 17, 2016

By LocoLoboXIII

I am certain that a lot of people would expect to hear horror stories from the care received while in any care facility. Might I first start off, by saying that when I arrived at Garden Spring center, I was just recently declared dead. Again. The previous facility I was in went through this with me on more than one occasion, in the same stay. Please note.. I have a nasty attitude towards authority, and anyone who thinks they know me, better than I do. Of course, when unable to fend for oneself, this becomes exactly the environment I found myself in. From day one, the focus was on recovery. Yes, some of the instructions I was given seemed beyond my capabilities, and I gave them a hassle trying new things for the first time. After all, my confidence was at an all time low... I could not speak correctly, nor could I properly put pen to paper to express my needs. They helped me not only recover, make new friends, and learn how to aid myself in a bad situation (should it arise again), they also watched me WALK out of the facility. They provided me with aftercare specialists, and made sure I had medication enough for the transition to my primary doctor. While in the facility, I noticed each staff member working as hard as they could to get things done. While conversation was not always available, it was because the staff were busy working. All I can say, is I went in dead, and walked out...... without so much as a personal hassle inside. When I call back, I get friendly responses, and many staff remember me, even if I forgot some of them, either due to being near dead, or just a time lapse in my brain. Their conflict resolution is above average in my opinion, as I had many an issue (see above authority issues). They are willing to talk, and negotiate with the needs of the residents, rather than saying it is their way or no way. I can't say how much it means to me, that I went in a lost cause, and now I have life, and the ability to be confident, if I should find myself in a position to be cared for again, that this facility has the means, and the attitude, to send me happy and healthy back to the world I came in from.

January 28, 2015

By willow red

My sister was in here for a while and it is a DUMP!!!! The staff does not care about the patients and it looks and smells old inside.If you arrive and want to get in you have to wait to be buzzed in and sometimes it took as long as 15 minutes for someone to answer the door because no one is at the desk to let you in or out,stay away at all costs

March 29, 2013

By fahri1

The majority of the staff are very nasty, inconsiderate, and very unkind to both residents and their family. They do not answer call bells in a timely manner and when they finally answer it takes them over an hour to do whatever the resident requests. They are very rough in the handling of residents and leave them in a state of undress in public areas. Most of the nurses are very unprofessional and cold in manner and attitude. They are very disrespectful toward the residents and their families. The food is overall poor as is the manner of delivery. The residents are not positioned properly in bed, the trays are not set up for residents that need help. Residents that desire to go to the dining room are discouraged to go because it is an inconvience to the staff. Instead of interacting with the resident and talking with them, the staff socializes among themselves and ignores the resident. The facility feels more like a prison than a warm, caring environment. The physical layout is extremely poor. Hallways are extremely narrow and cluttered. If a staff member(nurse or aide) does not like you or your family member, their attitudes and actions are even worse. My stomach turned into knots every day when I would visit, which was every day at different times. You had to be "buzzed in and out of the facility. If they did not like you they would keep you waiting at least 10-15 minutes before they buzzed you in. There was suppossed to be someone at the front desk as you entered on the ground floor. I never saw anyone. I constantly worried about the safety of my relative's ( physical and emotional abuse) wellbeing.

Photos of Garden Spring Center

About Garden Spring Center

Offering skilled nursing, medical and rehabilitative care for patients and residents. Whether for a short stay or for an extended period, our Clinical Care Teams are focused on implementing personalized care programs to facilitate recovery and improve well-being.

Map of Garden Spring Center