Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living

Reviews of Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living

Independent Living Reviews for Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living

May 10, 2016

By DPTHHWF

Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living was one of the more reasonably priced places. They have a management staff there 24/7 while there were no medical people on staff. The rooms were very nice. We were looking at the smallest studio, which can fit a bed, a small couch, a unit for a TV, and a kitchenette with a full refrigerator, so even for a studio, it’s a nice size. The bathrooms were a nice size, too. It had a very nice dining room where they served three meals a day. There seemed to be a lot of activity there. They’re right across the street from a Wegmans and have scheduled transportation, so if you need to go somewhere, they’ll supply the transportation. I met two of the staff who seemed to be very caring and very knowledgeable. They spent a lot of time talking to us and to my dad about why it’s a good idea for a 91-year-old to be in some place else besides by himself. The facility is very modern-looking and clean and looked almost like a luxury hotel.

October 28, 2015

Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living is awesome. My mother has been there since the end of July, and it's fabulous, very economical, and a good value. She gets all her meals, and they do her laundry. It's a really good deal. I'm very disappointed they don't have a Sterling Heights in Virginia, where I live. It's everything she needs. They've got a lot of activities, i.e., movies, games, and field trips. It's everything you could want. We found a great place, and she's extremely happy.

March 25, 2015

Sterling Heights was independent living, and my father-in-law just wasn't a candidate for that, but it was an absolutely gorgeous facility, and the apartments were very nice. But as nice as it was, it just wouldn't meet his needs; he needs more assistance than what they offered. It just wasn't for us. It is perfect for someone who could be a little more independent. The staff was very nice, we had a nice tour, and they took all the time with us to answer questions and such, but like I said, it just wasn’t for us. Their dining area was very nice. They have a winding staircase that overlooked the dining area, and I think you got to pick your own spot.

March 18, 2015

By Lori36

One of the things we liked about Sterling Heights is how they didn't smell like a hospital. A lot of these places smell like old people and look like old people homes, but this one didn't. It was very nicely decorated and very clean. Everybody was very friendly. They have a lot of activities that you can participate in. It is not really an assisted living facility, but an independent living facility. You need to be well enough to handle all your own needs. They have people come in too, whether it be a therapist or things like that. They don't give you your medicine. You take care of them yourself, and they don't dispense them to you. It was very nice. They love the food and everything. When you setup the visitation, they want you to come over one of the meal times, so we went over lunch. We got to see how they run lunch. It was very nice, and the food is very good.

December 22, 2014

We have found Sterling Heights for my mom. What I like best about this one is that it is new and very clean. It is beautifully maintained and kept. The room is beautiful. It is open and bright. It is very pretty. Regarding the staff, they're all very friendly, very helpful, and very clean looking. They're very nice people. My mom has not yet moved in, but we hope that she'll be moving in soon.

December 17, 2014

By Deborah123

Sterling Heights was very nice, but it was too expensive. It’s beautiful, they supply three meals, and it’s pretty nice. They have a gym, tours, and a pool. The one woman that walked us through it was very nice. They have a recreation room with a pool table.

September 29, 2014

By Barbara60615050

Sterling Heights is where my mom is at now. It is a month-to-month. Their apartments are the most beautiful apartments I have ever seen. Sterling Heights is beautiful, but they're new here to us. They're supposed to be OK -- they were promised to be -- but they're just not ready I guess. They run out of food, and their meals, in the beginning when we were first there, had been amazing. They will not supply steaks because they say it is so expensive, so you eat fish or chicken, and most of the time, my mom doesn't even eat there anymore. Her kitchen is not a full kitchen, but you can bring your microwave and stuff. It is a little efficiency apartment, but it is beautiful. My mom goes to exercise class and they put a video on and that's what they do, just that video. It is a beautiful place, but they're going through their problems. It is cheaper than any place we have been to. However, they need to stop making promises they're not going to keep. My mom should go down and have a restaurant-style dinner because that's what they said. She has the right to demand things that they promised her. They need to keep the kitchen staff; I don't know why they couldn't. They had been through seven chefs since my mother moved in since this summer. Also, how they can trust their staff when they haven't been there a long time? They're firing so many or letting them go or not showing up, but the high point is, I don't care if that's happening, my mother shouldn't suffer from it.

September 27, 2013

By Debra15

He is in a place really close to me now called Sterling Heights. The place is brand new and they provide three meals a day. They do a lot of activities and it's the cheapest facility that we've found.

Costs for Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living

Photos of Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living

Services and Amenities of Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living

We believe that Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living is so much more than walls and windows - it's a place to enjoy home-cooked meals, game night, or a quiet evening with family and friends. It's where you always feel comfortable, safe, and secure.

Enjoy the convenience of our comfortable bus for scheduled appointments, shopping trips, and other errands. We also regularly plan special excursions to cultural events, day trips, museums, and other places of interest. If you'd rather stay home, the choice is yours. It's easy to be as private or as social as you wish, Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living features beautiful common areas and there's always a variety of planned activities and a chance to socialize with friends and neighbors every day.

In addition to visiting therapists, podiatrists, dermatologists and on-site lab services, we also have the following:

• Barber/Beauty Shop
  • TV room with big screen television
  • Chapel
  • Card Room
  • Bistro
  • Grand Theatre

Senior Apartment Amenities:

• Studio, one bedroom, and two bedrooms w/ kitchenettes
  • 24-hour emergency pull cords in each room
  • Refrigerator
  • Carpeting
  • Drapes
  • Linens
  • Thermostats in each room
  • Fire sprinkler
  • Cable TV
  • Bathrooms (some with Handicap accessibility)
  • Vaulted Ceilings (select apartments)
  • Wonderful Views

Basic Services included in Rent

• 3 Chef prepared meals daily
  • All day coffee bar and snack bar

Life Enrichment Features:

• Exercise
  • Shopping
  • Parties
  • Entertainment
  • Community Volunteers

Housekeeping and Maintenance Services:

• Bed Linens and bath towels provided and laundered weekly
  • Weekly housekeeping, including dusting, vacuuming, and sanitation of counters and cabinets
  • No-charge laundry facilities for personal items
  • Maintenance performed as needed in all rooms and common areas

At Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living, our management teams live on-site, and are available 24 hours a day. Our food is truly made from scratch, and served right to your table along with a smile from our friendly staff.

Map of Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living