Traditions of Hanover

Reviews of Traditions of Hanover

Independent Living Reviews for Traditions of Hanover

January 25, 2021

By caseycreyer1

Top notch facility. Craig B was attentive and prompt with all my emails and phone calls when looking into this facility for my grandpa. It was very time sensitive. Fast forward 5 months, and my grandpa is very happy with his new home. It was hard for him to leave his house of 57 years, but he is enjoying being cooked and cleaned for! The food is great, the staff is nothing but wonderful to him and myself (i'm always greeted by name.) He is very shy, and hasn't participated in a lot of activities yet but he enjoys drinking a beer at happy hour. But even though he's shy, no one pushes him to participate in what he isn't comfortable with. They have bus trips, a driver, doctors and therapists that come directly to rooms, hair dressers, and is pet friendly! We couldn't be happier with the people he is surrounded by on a daily basis.

November 07, 2020

By Rosemary

Before the virus hit, Traditions of Hanover used to have a lot of activities and some of them were open to the public. They had wonderful entertainment, good food, and the people that worked there were very nice. We just can't afford something like that. I've been there more than one time for different events that they've had. They had a craft show one time we were there. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The facility was beautiful, very nice, and well kept. They had little chimes all over, and in the back area they had nice grounds, and they had signs like "Positive Thinking" all over every 20 feet, and that was kind of neat. They were on top of things.

By Karen Claire

Traditions of Hanover has become my mother's new home. She is almost 89 and every time we talk to her, she is almost giddy with excitement about the amenities, the friendly staff, and the meals. We had the unfortunate experience of moving her in as the Covid19 pandemic was beginning but the staff made a difficult situation into a calm and pleasant experience. The staff took care to ensure the safety of the existing residents by restricting the movers to staying outside. The Traditions staff brought ALL of her furniture and belongings into her new unit. They were more than accommodating and helpful. Every aspect of the move, including a lovely welcome basket, was such a positive and pleasant experience for Claire. My mother hasn't even had the pleasure yet of enjoying the usual culture and environment that exists without a quarantine, and she already loves Traditions. The caring culture is truly apparent throughout the building. She is already thrilled by the current limited activities, with social distancing, that Traditions is providing and she is really looking forward to enjoying the expanded schedule of activities that is the norm. Recently, a staff member facilitated a Skype call for Claire, who was able to enjoy a face to face conversation with her daughter and granddaughter in Switzerland. Claire routinely comments on the helpfulness of the staff and the friendliness of the residents. It's apparent that the residents are happy and well cared for. It has quickly become her home. We feel good about the choice our family made after careful consideration of other local Independent Living alternatives. Thank you Traditions of Hanover!

By Mona F.

*Loving...kind...patient...supportive...caring... understanding...hands on... and involved! These are the words that immediately come to mind when I reflect on the care provided by the Traditions of Hanover team...and it is a team effort. Each and every person steps up every day to make TOH a wonderful place to live! *Smiling faces...enthusiastic spirits...and loving hearts ensure our family members are well cared for even in the midst of COVID-19. There are daily snacks...walk through happy hours...and ice cream socials to keep the residents engaged while encouraging social distancing. *On Saturday, the marketing manager hooked my m-i-l up on ZOOM so she could connect with family from FL...TX...MA...and PA ...some folks she was actually meeting and seeing for the first time. What a wonderful Easter celebration. *Thank you...Thank you...Thank you! We greatly appreciate your dedication and hard work...your selfless giving of yourselves...and your spirit of excellence! We chose TOH in 2011...moving my m-i-l here from Boston not long after. It was the best decision we made. Well done TOH! We love you all!

By VICaandBARB

Although the Covid-19 Pandemic prevented us from making our final decision on a Senior Community to commit to, WE WERE MOST IMPRESSED BY TRADITIONS OF HANOVER, Mr. Craig B. and his Staff! In our visit, we experienced: The Staff, Facility, residents, resident programs, Dining facilities, Resident Activity Programs, Care Management, resident Morale, general atmosphere and morale! If first impressions ARE the most accurate, our feelings are best expressed in a very famous family movie: "OH AUNTIE EM, there's NO PLACE LIKE HOME [T of H] P.S. : Please be sure to speak to Mr. Craig B. and his staff; tireless caring special people!

April 13, 2020

By Linda N

Dear TOH of Bethlehem and CID Family: April 2020 Thank you all, for your consistent uplifting and unified spirit and your loving concern for our family members! Your thoughtful interactions to keep all the residents occupied and safely connected makes navigating these difficult times more bearable for all. From daily snack carts and door to door birthday greetings to the resident run Easter worship service and the individual care provided by Consider it Done Caregivers- You are my eyes, hands and heart to my mom at this time when I can’t be there. I appreciate you all very much!

April 09, 2020

By Harriett Leibinger

I love it here! The staff couldn't be any better. There's a lot of activities and things to enjoy. The food is also very good. I am so glad I am here!

April 09, 2020

By cafriend

Traditions is in a private setting, with lots of room to walk, both indoors & out. It is geared to independent senior (with many very active) living. The apartments are a nice size & cleaned on a weekly basis. Residents make their own breakfast & receive 2 Delicious meals daily. The wonderful Staff makes each resident feel like family & acknowledges them on a first name basis. Concerns are addressed within 24 hours. The activities are numerous & there's something for everyone. Entertainers from the area are welcome guests, picnics, fund raisers, cards, game room, library, movie theater, religious worship,bingo, puzzles, beading,happy hour, weekly trips to grocery stores, malls, banks , Podiatrist, Audiologist, Internist & more occurr frequently each month. Dogs & cats are another welcome. If extra help is needed, aides are available at a reasonable cost. It is reassuring that our loved ones are in a safe environment with help available 24 hrs/day/7days/wk. They were proactive during Covid 19 & locked down the facility immediately. The team running Traditions puts residents first.

March 08, 2020

By Linda Fi

My dad lived at Traditions of Hanover for 3 years. He had so many friends and enjoyed lots of activities that he would not have had had he stayed in his home. I loved knowing he was safe and happy so I didn't have to feel "guilty" when I couldn't be with him. The entire staff and the other residents were like family, not only to him, but for me as well. Actually, even though my father passed, I still go visit the wonderful people at Traditions.

November 29, 2019

By Reviewer11272019

Our visit at Traditions of Hanover was awesome. The interior of the apartments is as personalized or homey as the individual wants it to be. They take the residents to the casinos, shopping, doctors' appointments and all kinds of activities. They gave us some awesome muffins that they had made.

September 09, 2019

By CRK2

My 90 year old mother has been living at Traditions of Hanover for about a month now after a very serious car accident which left her unable to return to her home. I have found the staff, facilities, and safety of Traditions to be excellent. With very little notice I had to find either an assisted living facility or independent living facility for my mother when she was released from the hospital. Traditions fit the bill with the security, 24/7 availability of staff, excellent meals, activities, and availability of therapists on site if needed. Traditions of Hanover just had a family day which my son and family were able to attend. The food and activities were a very well-run, welcome respite from a stressful 6 weeks of moving multiple times for my mother and our family. The staff has gone out of their way to help my mother adjust. I can't thank them enough for their kindness both to her and our family.

May 31, 2019

By Debbie

Traditions of Hanover is an excellent facility in terms of facility, activities, staff and energy. There is an enthusiasm and positive approach concerning the day-to-day living of all the residents. However, a hidden benefit at Traditions is the staff approach in resolving any problems that arise in the lives of the residents. The staff calls upon their professionalism, expertise and concern to resolve problems for both residents and their families. This is a most comforting and positive "extra mile" provided by Traditions of Hanover. Our family thanks you.

April 08, 2019

By Danuta Artemis

When my parents moved to Traditions they immediately felt welcomed. It is a wonderful community with a caring and patient staff, who most often exceeded our expectations. My husband, brother, and I also felt "at home" there. So many well-organized activities and fun events! Mom especially loved the independence of going to the hairdresser on premises as well as the chorus.

March 31, 2019

By Miranda D

I have been spreading my love for Traditions for the past two and a half years my parents have called it Home. I'm prompted to write a review today because of the above and beyond care, especially from Marisa L., my parents recently received when they were ill. The team at Traditions have become extended family to my parents and me. I share my highest recommendation. Here are some of the many reasons why: * The competent, compassionate and communicative group of professionals led by Cathy H. truly care about the safety, happiness and well-being of the residents. * The vibrant, upbeat atmosphere and space. There is a lovely community living room area and sun-drenched dining room for gathering. For warmer weather, there's a patio and garden in the back. Always decorated for holidays. Apartments are spacious. Cleaning team does a great job. * Lots of fun activities, celebrations, outings, wellness and cultural events. Happy Hour is a particular favorite! * I can tell by the smiles and greetings from residents that they are well cared for. Thank you Team Traditions. I'm so grateful for all you do!

October 26, 2018

By Anmarie

We moved my Mother-in-Law to Traditions two years ago and are thankful everyday for her wonderful experiences. The staff is excellent and caring. The staff continues to take excellent care of my MIL. They go above and beyond and that makes all the difference. My MIL really feels that Traditions is her home, with fun adventures, amazing staff and wonderful new friends.

October 19, 2018

By Jeff Dorney

Had my Dad over to Traditions of Hanover, among other local independent living facilities in the area, in May 2018. He chose Traditions over all others due to his overall very favorable interactions with the staff, especially Megan S. He was also impressed with the 1 bedroom apartments, activities available, food and general location of the facility. We are looking forward to getting Dad moved into Traditions as soon as an apartment becomes available."

April 02, 2018

By Lynn

I toured Traditions of Hanover. I thought it was a very nice unit, and if I could afford it, I'd be there. The young lady who accommodated me knew exactly what she was doing and she did a nice job. I thought the amities were satisfactory.

September 25, 2017

By Jo Ann Moyer

From the moment we walked through the doors for the first time, we were greeted by smiling and friendly staff as well as residents. The atmosphere is very warm and home-like.My mother has a lovely and spacious one bedroom apartment. The meals are very good with a wide selection of food choices. There are many activities and social events to participate in.I feel we made an excellent decision when we chose Traditions of Hanover for my mother.

September 06, 2017

By Mr.Bill

Ever since mom moved into this community she has been so much better physically and mentally. The living conditions and the activities have her improved her life so very much. And ours not having to worry abut her as much. The entire staff are very friendly and helpful in all areas of caring. Plus the facility is always very clean.

August 30, 2017

By clsa

Beautiful apartments. Privacy when you want and many activities when you choose to be active. Very pleasant residents and staff.

August 30, 2017

By Shirley F's Family

Our Mom went to tour Traditions and saw how bright and sunny the 1 bedroom apartment was that they had available and signed up immediately. It also helped that we had had a good meal straight from the dining room. There are always so many choices for the lunch and dinner meals and you have the option of going through the buffet line or having the meal served at your seat. Mom's plan was to try it for 3 months and see if it was for her. After 9 days she said put my house on the market. We liked the fact that it is a month to month lease and if it doesn't work then you give them 30 days notice. The staff is friendly and happy. All the staff know each of the residents by name. There are so many activities to choose from that now I have to look at the monthly schedule to see if Mom might be in her apartment before I call her on the phone. This was the BEST decision our 91 year old Mom could have made. She is physically stronger and having the time of her life!

April 17, 2017

By Carol465211

The rooms in Traditions don't have an outside porch or linen closet. They don't have the basic things I want, though they do have a kitchenette. Their two-bedroom apartment is almost $4,000.

Traditions of Hanover believes in a vibrant lifestyle and have built a community that reflects this vision. Our beautiful patio and porch spaces are designed for socialization and enjoyment of other’s company. During the weekly visits from housekeeping linens are replaced and residents have opportunities to furnish their apartments to their personal liking. Much focus is placed on activities and resident choice. Our goal is that our residents build a life that suits them, and we wish that for you as well. Good luck with your search!

January 16, 2017

By Joseph274083

My mother is in a private apartment in Traditions of Hanover. The residents are very sociable and very active. The place is excellent and feels like home. The layout is extremely easy to navigate and easy to get around in. The meals are excellent. The dining room is nice and open. They have waitress service. I like how caring they are of any type of senior and their friendliness and willingness to accept new people coming in.

June 10, 2016

By Karen430814

I went to Traditions of Hanover, and the place was beautiful. I would go there in a heartbeat, but we can't afford the price. The staff was wonderful and friendly. There was nothing wrong with the rooms. They were gorgeous. They had a salon, a library, and a game room, plus transportation available for different outings. The community was very active. There’s no reason for you to sit in your room because it just seemed like there was so much to do. You could go out on a bus to the mall. One woman had just started doing the adult coloring books, and I think a couple of the ladies had gotten together to color together. I think there’s PT and OT.

By DPTHHWF

I would prefer Traditions of Hanover for my dad. We were there for lunch, and the food was very good. A doctor comes in every Wednesday and is there all day which is really nice. They seemed to be a little bit more caring from a medical perspective, but they were more expensive and only served two meals a day. The rooms were lovely. It’s a good place for people who want to socialize; they have a happy hour a couple of times a week, and a lot going on, too.

By AnonymousRLKUH

I went to Traditions of Hanover. I just took a tour there. The whole place was gorgeous. It looks like a 5 star hotel. The staff was very nice. They sent some food along. They have some things going pretty much every day but its more of your own type – you go, you review the chart and you schedule it.

By SandyOIELF

Traditions of Hanover was very clean and well kept. Everybody was very friendly. They had a lot of activities and took the seniors on trips to the doctors' offices and the grocery stores. Everything was very nice. They had studio, a one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments that were all very spacious, even the studio. There was room for a bed, a small table and a couple of chairs. The food was very good. There was a variety of activities and entertainment, like they've had a band, an Elvis impersonator, and magician come in.

January 25, 2016

By M. Connie

I have been a resident at Traditions of Hanover for almost 4 years. My family lives in Bath and I wanted to live closer to them. When I decided to move to this area from Levittown, PA, they checked out the different facilities. They choose a few for me to visit. After visting one or two, my daughter and I walked into Traditions of Hanover. I told my daughter, "This feels like home." We had lunch here and the food was excellent. The atmosphere in the dining room was livlely and animated. People were chatting and visiting with each other. My daughter went from table to table asking the residents if they thought I would be happy here. Everyone of them said that they thought I would. A gentleman came over to us and said that this was the place for me and that I should move here. The apartments they showed me were beautiful, spacious and well kept. My Grandsons are EMTs and they gave Jennifer the third degree about the safety procedures and they passed with flying colors. The Activity calendar has so many different types of activities, there is somethng for everyone. They have Chair Yoga, Chair Aerobics,Zumba Gold and Strength, Mobility and Balance classes. We have Art classes, Beaded Jewelry classes. craft projects and Writing Classes. We have an in house Newsletter written by the residents and so many other things to do. They have shopping trips, rides to doctors offices, lunch outtings and trips to Entertainment Venues. Traditions of Hanover is a wonderful place for me to spend my retirement years. I love it here .

December 29, 2015

By TimandCristin

My mom has been at Traditions for over a year now. Not only has it enhanced her wellness and wellbeing I believe it saved her life. The amenities, the staff, and the community have been a tremendous gift to my mom and our family. We love being a part of the beautiful life at Traditions!

December 29, 2015

By Picaroo

I cannot say enough about Traditions of Hanover! From the director all the way through to maintenance they are equally kind, caring and you know they really like their jobs by their attitude. Nothing is too much for them to do for anyone at anytime. I can feel comfortable when I leave my Mother that she is good hands and should there be any irregularity with her I can always count on someone calling me and alerting me within minutes, regardless of the time of day. Traditions has my seal of approval 100%.

December 19, 2015

By Michele T. M.

When my mom was in search of an Independent Community in the Lehigh Valley, we visited Traditions of Hanover, among other places. What set ToH aside from the others was the warm and oh-so-welcoming feeling we both had, right from the start. We were made to feel right at home - not just by the staff, but by the residents. The sales person that met with us barely had to say a word to us... the residents themselves kept coming up to us telling us about their experiences since moving to ToH. Now... over 3 years later... my mom still says that moving here was the best decision she's ever made. She is never bored, never lonely, never hungry (the food is AMAZING!), and never feels even for a second upset about living here. The staff is incredible (from the young gals who help out at meal time and cleaning to the top management) – they all truly care about the residents. I’ve not met a single staffer that thinks of their duties there as a “job”. She loves living there, but from my perspective, I’m so very grateful for Traditions of Hanover and the positive experience they’ve provided for my mom after having to leave her home of over 50 years.

April 06, 2015

By Sara Jane

The rooms were small in Traditions of Hanover. The people were great, very friendly, and went out of their way. They knew everyone of their inhabitants by name. The attitude of the caretakers was excellent, and the food was good.

Sara Jane ~ Thanks for your 5-Star Review! Residents at Traditions of Hanover truly become extended family. Residents and employees know each other and care about each other and that is demonstrated in all the things that you mention ~ including the dining experience, variety of activities offered and the attitude and approach of our employees. I was confused about your comment about the size of the ‘rooms.’ Traditions has three different sizes of apartments. The studio apartments are small, but we also have one bedroom and two bedroom apartments that are much larger and comfortably accommodate residents and their furniture.

April 02, 2015

By Richard83977250

I liked Traditions; it was very nice. The staff appeared to be very friendly and very comfortable. It was a very comfortable size and environment. They had a lot of activities.

March 27, 2015

By Jay10

We visited Traditions of Hanover for my mom. They seemed like nice people, and it had a nice facility but it wouldn't work for my mom's situation. It was a little too overpriced, and my mom needs more of an assisted living than independent living. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. With regards to activities, they did shopping in the community, and they went to different activities outside the community which was nice. It was a nice place, but my mom needs assisted living and not independent living. However, it was really nice inside, the people were pleasant, and the older folks that we saw seemed like they were having a good time.

June 12, 2013

Traditions of Hanover had a speaker program and invited us over for a meal and to see the facility. The place is brand new. The rooms are big and very nice. It's a very quiet place. The food was good. The help was very good. They don't have nursing staff, but there is medical center next door. The facility it's strictly just for independent living and they don't have any facilities for medical care or nursing care.

Questions about Traditions of Hanover

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Traditions of Hanover. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents enjoy our active, vibrant atmosphere and the variety of activities to choose from on a daily basis. Our activities include Live Musical Entertainment, Happy Hours, Dances, Bus Trips, Bridge, Pinochle, Movies, Bocce League, Exercise Classes and more!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

There is the Hanover Township Community Center that offers many programs and activities to supplement what is offered at Traditions.

What transportation services does Traditions of Hanover offer to independent living residents?

Transportation services are offered for doctor's appointments, group shopping outings, group restaurant trips, and events.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have the Fireside lounge, Game room, Theater, Library, as well as comfortable sitting areas throughout the community.

If Traditions of Hanover accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do allow dogs and cats! There is a lovely walking path that winds along the wetlands as well as a beautiful and private wooded back area.

Does Traditions of Hanover work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We do work very closely with home care companies and hospice to bring the care directly to our resident so they are able to age in place.

Costs for Traditions of Hanover

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

About Traditions of Hanover

We're a lot more than just an independent living community nestled discretely in suburban Hanover Township. Throughout the Lehigh Valley, people are talking about the flowing architecture of Traditions' building and its common areas, the spacious and inviting studio, one bedroom and two bedroom units, the culinary delights prepared by our chef, and the friendly, courteous and attentive service provided by Tradition's management team and staff.

Traditions offers a lot, and it's all here for our residents to enjoy. On-site amenities include the Fireside Lounge, Bottle Room, state-of-the-art Theatre, Library, Fitness Center, billiards table, Beauty Salon, transportation service, and lovely outdoor seating areas. And don't forget that the Wegmans Bethlehem mega-grocery store with its fabulous Market Cafe is literally next door.

At Traditions, we're constantly updating the busy activity schedule for our own interesting and enjoyable programs and social activities. Local attractions provide many additional opportunities for enjoying shopping, dining, entertainment, music and the arts, sports and recreation, as well as clubs and organizations that further enhance the active senior lifestyle afforded our residents.

Map of Traditions of Hanover