Avamere Rehabilitation of Eugene

Reviews of Avamere Rehabilitation of Eugene

Nursing Home Reviews for Avamere Rehabilitation of Eugene

February 11, 2015

By Caring102021450

Mom doesn’t really like Avamere, and she wasn’t there for long. They didn’t really keep it clean, and they didn’t come when she needed cleaning. It took them several minutes before they come. She has a roommate there that has a problem with choking, and she had to scream and yell for help for somebody to actually come in. They had an activity center. She didn’t like the food. The rooms were of good size; it was a shared room. There were two beds and two bathrooms that you had to share with the other room. They had a television and a chair.

July 08, 2014

By SBTLady

Do NOT place a loved one or use the SNF located here too. My mom is a Long Term resident. She is a fall risk & has Alzheimer's. Her care is mediocre at best & bad frequently. She's had to wait up to 20" to have someone answer her call light. Frequently left up @ bedtime until 9:30-10:00pm when she has asked to be put to bed @ 8:30 or 9:00@ the latest. Caregivers tell her they will be right back & never return. I've witnessed this myself. When she has complained of psin, it rarely is reported to the med-aide. "She's always having pain." from an aide in my presence!! If a med-aide is on break no one else has the keys to the med. cart, so she has to wait. She's had pressure sores multiple times, needs to be put down during the day & doesn't happen unless I'm there to ask/tell someone to do it. I know she frequently refuses, but they could probably talk her into it, The food has really gotten bad in general. People who need to be on a special diet or have food alllergies have to police their every meal because the kitchen staff doesn't pay attention what is written on the resident's meal info card. There is very little choice in meals. There used to be a lot of choices (2-3) for each meal. Now there are 2 for the main meals; frequently none that my mom likes--too bad-no substitutions allowed. Food is either bland or too spicy or too salty. Very poor. The aides are for the most part very good; some very surly & lazy ones. Many of the good ones are quitting a lot as well as the good nurses. 'Course all of this boiils down to poor mansgement. The administrator has moved his office into what was a chapel that was creted as a memorial for a resident. I wonder if that peron's family knows. The activity director is wonderful, altho I wonder how long she will stay w/the changes that have been made by the Administrator. I was a patient on the skilled side agout 10 years ago & it was totally differnent then--WAY better than now. You should get the picture. Do NOT use this place

January 12, 2013

By witchey1

This facility is understaffed at the patient care level. My relative was at this facility for 5 days. They left her in the bathroom for 15 minutes after she had rang for help. She was not given her medications in a timely manor. At 11:15 a.m. me and 2 other relatives were visiting, the med nurse walks in and say," Teresa here are the meds you requested." We asked which ones and she says, "These are her 9 a.m. medications. I have 48 people who I have to give meds to today. I can not be on time for everyone!" She was 1 hour and 15 minutes late! She tried to cover by lying then gives us the 48 patient excuse. My sister was there because she was dying with cancer. The excuses they gave were unprofessional. The care was substandard and cruel to a dying woman. I asked for a incident report to be mailed to me. None was mailed and when I requested a report 2 weeks later they denied knowing of the previous request.

About Avamere Rehabilitation of Eugene

Avamere Rehabilitation of Eugene is a senior living provider in Eugene, Oregon that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Avamere Rehabilitation of Eugene for more details on services and rates.

Map of Avamere Rehabilitation of Eugene