Avamere Rehabilitation of Eugene

Reviews of Avamere Rehabilitation of Eugene

Nursing Home Reviews for Avamere Rehabilitation of Eugene

February 18, 2015

By exdancer

I was a patient here for one week, a week in hell as far as I was concerned. the food was disgusting, so much so that my husband had to bring me food in. I needed a special diet due to being on warfarin but they were not cooperative with this. they did not come when I rang my bell, on one occaision I lay in my excrement for one hour and 15 minutes.the young lady who finally came said she had been on a break. I would advise no one to go to the place, it was dirty and although most of the young girls were friendly they were not trained well enough for the job. my daughter actually put in a complaint for me but nothing was ever heard. this took place 7 months ago and it scared me mentally.

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We're here to help. You can fill out a brief intake form. Alternately, you can call us directly.

February 11, 2015

By Caring102021450

Mom doesn’t really like Avamere, and she wasn’t there for long. They didn’t really keep it clean, and they didn’t come when she needed cleaning. It took them several minutes before they come. She has a roommate there that has a problem with choking, and she had to scream and yell for help for somebody to actually come in. They had an activity center. She didn’t like the food. The rooms were of good size; it was a shared room. There were two beds and two bathrooms that you had to share with the other room. They had a television and a chair.

July 08, 2014

By SBTLady

Do NOT place a loved one or use the SNF located here too. My mom is a Long Term resident. She is a fall risk & has Alzheimer's. Her care is mediocre at best & bad frequently. She's had to wait up to 20" to have someone answer her call light. Frequently left up @ bedtime until 9:30-10:00pm when she has asked to be put to bed @ 8:30 or 9:00@ the latest. Caregivers tell her they will be right back & never return. I've witnessed this myself. When she has complained of psin, it rarely is reported to the med-aide. "She's always having pain." from an aide in my presence!! If a med-aide is on break no one else has the keys to the med. cart, so she has to wait. She's had pressure sores multiple times, needs to be put down during the day & doesn't happen unless I'm there to ask/tell someone to do it. I know she frequently refuses, but they could probably talk her into it, The food has really gotten bad in general. People who need to be on a special diet or have food alllergies have to police their every meal because the kitchen staff doesn't pay attention what is written on the resident's meal info card. There is very little choice in meals. There used to be a lot of choices (2-3) for each meal. Now there are 2 for the main meals; frequently none that my mom likes--too bad-no substitutions allowed. Food is either bland or too spicy or too salty. Very poor. The aides are for the most part very good; some very surly & lazy ones. Many of the good ones are quitting a lot as well as the good nurses. 'Course all of this boiils down to poor mansgement. The administrator has moved his office into what was a chapel that was creted as a memorial for a resident. I wonder if that peron's family knows. The activity director is wonderful, altho I wonder how long she will stay w/the changes that have been made by the Administrator. I was a patient on the skilled side agout 10 years ago & it was totally differnent then--WAY better than now. You should get the picture. Do NOT use this place

We are sorry to hear you had a less than optimal experience at Avamere Rehabilitation of Eugene. We are here to help. We are happy to take a closer look at this for you. To route your request in the most efficient way, please fill out our brief intake form on our website. Alternately, you can call us directly. Should you need anything else at this time, please do not hesitate to message us. Thank you.

January 12, 2013

By witchey1

This facility is understaffed at the patient care level. My relative was at this facility for 5 days. They left her in the bathroom for 15 minutes after she had rang for help. She was not given her medications in a timely manor. At 11:15 a.m. me and 2 other relatives were visiting, the med nurse walks in and say," Teresa here are the meds you requested." We asked which ones and she says, "These are her 9 a.m. medications. I have 48 people who I have to give meds to today. I can not be on time for everyone!" She was 1 hour and 15 minutes late! She tried to cover by lying then gives us the 48 patient excuse. My sister was there because she was dying with cancer. The excuses they gave were unprofessional. The care was substandard and cruel to a dying woman. I asked for a incident report to be mailed to me. None was mailed and when I requested a report 2 weeks later they denied knowing of the previous request.

Thank you for reaching out to Avamere Rehabilitation of Eugene. We are sorry you had a negative experience on your recent stay or visit. We'd like to look into this issue further for you. To route your request in the most efficient way, please fill out our brief intake form on our website. Alternately, you can call us directly. Should you need anything else at this time, please do not hesitate to message us. Thank you.

Photos of Avamere Rehabilitation of Eugene

Services and Amenities of Avamere Rehabilitation of Eugene

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Avamere Rehabilitation of Eugene

Start your path to healing at Avamere Rehabilitation of Eugene.

Everything we do centers around our patients - from activities to amenities to the care we provide. It's all part of our mission to enhance the life of every person we serve. Schedule a tour today to see how we strive to help you regain your strength and return home.

Map of Avamere Rehabilitation of Eugene