Traditions at West Park Place

Traditions at West Park Place (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Traditions at West Park Place

Independent Living Reviews for Traditions at West Park Place

April 27, 2015

When you walked in Senior Star, it was more like hotel style, and they had a front desk. It was just different from what you saw when you thought of assisted living. It had a more formal atmosphere. The staff was very warm and welcoming. They explained everything. We met all the staff, and during our meeting, we had fruits, cookies, coffee, and water. We did get a nice parting gift. They gave us gift cards. We saw the workout room, and the equipment they had there was geared towards older population.

February 25, 2015

By Rose36

I loved West Park Place and the benefits that you would receive from them were really great, but they were just too small. My personal bed was a king size bed because I'm a very tall woman, and I had a baby grand piano that I wasn't ready to give up yet. I loved their calendars of places that they would take you and the different activities that they had during the month. That would excite me because I liked being around people, and I liked doing things with people.

January 09, 2015

By Rose34

I took my parents to Senior Star, and they liked it. They also have a small stove in the apartment that my mom could still use. Everything was pretty nice. They keep things busy there. They go out on little excursions like going to the grocery store, the mall, and different stores. They have sing-a-longs, game time, and cards. They have a nice library and a game room. They also have an exercise facility where they do the group exercises. They have a lot of nice things to do. The rooms have a bedroom, a bathroom, a living room, and a dining area. It is all kept very nicely. If they needed anything, all they have to do is call down to the desk. They come up and take care of it. It would be nice if they can bring the meals to the apartments occasionally since the residents have to go down for meals.

March 26, 2014

Senior Star seemed friendly. The rooms were of nice size. The staff who assisted us was very helpful. The food was good, and the dining room was nice with one table and comfortable chairs. There was a menu to choose from.

November 21, 2013

By Carol72927150

I have my mother-in-law and aunt over at West Park Place. Other than living in the same apartment, they love this place! Right now, they're in a two-bedroom-two-bathroom, but they fight and they don't get along, so they have to be separated. My mother-in-law will go into independent living and my aunt will go into assisted living. The latter is getting nursing care there. They have a 24-hour nursing service onsite but there is a cost for that. However, they'll give you full info about Veterans benefits and that is very helpful. West Park Place has been quite accommodating. Everything is expensive but this one is reasonable. Other than that, I'm very happy with the care that my relatives receive. They have only been there for a week and as of right now, we're very pleased. Their food is excellent! They have an onsite chef. My relatives would get breakfast and dinner and they're delicious. Their residents all seemed very happy there. Everyone speaks to one another and it just seems to be a happy place to spend the rest of your days. Regarding staff, if the residents need anything, they have maintenance personnel on staff. They can get their apartments cleaned once a week if it is included in the price. They have a full-time activities director, which is a wonderful thing. They keep their residents going. They get them to exercises, go to casino, take them to bus trips, etc. Their week is full so that's a big plus. Their apartments are beautiful. They're big and very nice. I like this community a lot. It's like a vacation actually and it is very nice. There is no hospital setting when my relatives are helped with their meds or helped with their nursing care. There is no medical cart going around the hallway. It is all done in their individual apartments. It is very private and very nice.

August 17, 2013

By FuzzyBear

I have a near and dear family member who has lived at WPP for 5 years now. KNOW that I spend time with this person 1-3 times a week and visit the facilities regularly! That said... The facilities and personnel are NOT what it was 5 years ago! And I know that the cost of living there has increased considerably yet the quality of living there has decreased proportionalty. SAD! When my family first visited, there was a much better atmosphere filled with friendly employees and a more genuine sense of concern for residents well being... Lately, that seems to be lacking considerable. Also - the kitchen/food quality has dropped considerably! We stop in here and there for dinner and the last several times have been a disappointment in the options being served and the poor (Gordons Food Service - salty) quality... Being an excellent cook, I understand how a little effort can make the world of a difference in preparing food. Quality - Healthy foods! Lately, the comp[laints have been "Too much of the same old thing. Chicken chicken and more chicken... Blah!" I keep copies of the menu options - and chicken reigns supreme. Pork loin/chops/roast are no more expensive and easy to prepare in a delicious manner! There are very few residents who might have an issue with eating Pork... Let them have chicken! LOL VALET! Somethiong we were told was a given part of the services... WE WISH THE STAFF would all get on the same page and understand it is THEIR DUTY to park and retrienve residents cars. ESPECIALLY SO IN BAD WEATHER! This could become a LIABILITY ISSUE if not managed better... I should not have to call the front desk and tell them how to do their job! Or worse, have another family member drive over late in the evening to GET IT DONE! This is inexcusable!

April 26, 2013

By Sauppe

West Park Plaace is a dream come true for me as the daughter of an elderly parent. My mother decided it was time to move to a facility that would suit her well being in her advanced years. Our first impression of a caring, first class, well maintained facility have become a definate reality. Every staff member is thoughtful, kind, helpful, and most receptive to the needs of the residents and their families. While this is an independent residence, every detail of the day to day operation is focused on the residents well-being. It is clear that the management is professionally trained in Senior Care living and is dedicated to the carism of comfort, safety, and, personal comittment to each resident. The collaboration with staff, resident and family members is extemely evident in the progressive services,, programming and the happy atmosphere. I would highly reommend Senior Star Living at West Park Place.

April 06, 2013

By Nancy McK

My parents currently reside at West Park Place and it is such a relief to know that their needs are being met in a wonderful facility. The staff is attentive and friendly and we truly feel they care about about parents personally. They have a two-bedroom, two-bath apartment with a small fully equipped kitchen and a nice sized living/dining area. The dining room at West Park has the atmosphere of a restaurant with linens and lots of items to choose from on the menu. My parents love the ladies that work in the dining room and they have made several friends since being at West Park. There is a beauty salon, exercise facility, laundry facilities for each floor, and lots of activities. I highly recommend West Park Place for anyone that needs that little extra care in the elder years.

March 27, 2013

By sparhawk

Upon reaching the ripe old age of 80 years I realized that I needed to slow down and enjoy life for a change. I checked out three places and was quite cognizant of the differing attitudes that did not appeal to me. Then I found West Park Place and made one of the best decisions of my life. I moved in December 1, 2012. Here I found a wonderful pace of life, fine dining, exceptional food, and great respect for the elderly. The first outstanding quality was that each staff member knew and used our names. Staff was so personable and helpful and I wondered if this could really be true. IT IS. One is treated with care and respect always. The amenities are varied and inviting; all kinds of card games, bingo etc. actually too many to mention. One of the first fun things I did was go to Happy Hour featuring 2 men, a piano and guitar. Happy Hour is held in our lovely Activities room, and we were served wonderful shortbread cookies and a drink made of melted peppermint ice cream. Did I mention that the food is outstanding? I love my apartment, the staff and my older years are as wonderful as I envisioned them to be. Please check us out. You will love it here...

February 29, 2012

By greatexperience

The lobby was very clean. Staff were busy with their jobs, not standing around talking or ignoring residents. Staff knew the residents by name & seemed to have a very good relationship with them. The apartments are a good size compared to most assisted living facilities. The layout of the apartments was well thought out. Emergency call systems were strategically placed in the rooms & when activated, a quick & courteous response was given. Residents had many social activities to choose from. They also had many transportation modes at their disposal. As West Park Place is in a very nice area, residents could often be found walking the neighborhood during warm weather. The rent is reasonably priced, perhaps a little on the high side but warranted by the quality of services & location. Rather than a step down from home ownership, moving to West Park Place is a positive transition.

February 26, 2012

By Disappoint

Make sure this is the right place for your parents if they need assisted living. When my sisters and I realized my parents had alzheimers and needed help, we interviewed and researched assisted living facilities for them. We were up front when we interviewed West Park Place, they assured us they could provide the right care for them. Well, they couldn't. When we had a sense that something was wrong. We would call long distance since we don't live in Toledo, but the nursing staff never returned our calls. We soon came to realize that our parents were not getting the right care. When we got a call from our father that our mother had overdosed on Tylenol and was taken to the hospital, we were in a panic because we couldn't quickly come to their aid. Well, we hired the nursing staff to assist with her medications, and they obviously weren't watching her. We were very up front with her memory issues when we talked to the staff, we told them that she can't administer her own meds because she gets confused. Instead of letting us find an appropriate place for them, West Park Place kicked my mother out on the spot and said she could not come back since she overdosed. We were out of town and had no where to place her, and it was 2 days before Christmas. It was such a nightmare! We were up front with our parents' conditions and they practically insisted we move them there. It seemed once they got the money, they no longer cared and would not talk to us when we tried to figure out what on earth was going on. Luckily we had lawyer in town who helped place them elsewhere on extremely short notice 2 days before Christmas. Do your research on what this place can offer if your parents need help with medications or any sort of nursing care. Don't believe if they tell you they can help with alzheimer's, they will turn their back on you when they are needed.

November 18, 2011

By readergirl

Offers independent living apartments and a wide variety of care levels as a persons needs change over time. I moved my aunt in there 7 months ago and she is very happy there. The thing she likes the most is the staff. They are very kind and helpful. They call her twice a day to check on her. Included in the cost is 2 meals a day, transportation to Drs' appointments if needed, weekly cleaning of her apt., weekly laundering of her linens and changing her bed for her, all sorts of activities and outings, on site beauty shop and physical therapy, good security, helpful maintenance staff that will come and do minor repairs for her. When needed they have aides and nurses contracted to them that can come and help with medications, bathing, etc. Her short-term memory is worsening fast and I feel confident that they will be able to meet her needs well into the future and that she will be safe and happy there. The environment is very pleasant and well-kept, inside and out. The location is ideal for us. It is located near shopping, restaurants and Drs.' offices. And very close to family. It is expensive, but worth it. We did some cost-comparisons and they were less expensive than most other facilities near us.

Costs for Traditions at West Park Place

Photos of Traditions at West Park Place

Services and Amenities of Traditions at West Park Place

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Home Health, Mobile Emergency Response, Life Alert Pendant, Laundry Facilities, Fitness , Valet Parking

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Psychiatric Care
  • Pharma

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Dakim Brain Fitness Progam, Zumba Gold And Laughter Yoga Programs

• Home Sale Assistance

• Insurance
  • Credit Card
  • Check

About Traditions at West Park Place

Experience maintenance free living in your private residence with long rich history in Toledo, Ohio. Traditions at West Park Place is close to many shopping areas and restaurants. Home care on site

New management company-Traditions --excellent tenured staff. Long standing reputation in the market.

Map of Traditions at West Park Place