Parkwood Village & Landing

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

1730 Parkwood Boulevard, Wilson, NC 27893
Parkwood Village & Landing (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Parkwood Village & Landing

Assisted Living Reviews for Parkwood Village & Landing

September 08, 2014

I went to visit Parkwood Village & Landing for a few hours and it's a nice facility. The people are nice as well and I would certainly have no problem putting my mom there. However, it's very expensive. I like that it's new and clean too. The whole visit was very good.

November 27, 2013

The people at Landing at Parkwood were very helpful as well as some of the staff. All in all it was okay, but not a great visit. The dining room was okay. The apartments were okay, but nothing special and it was not spacious.

May 21, 2013

By JSteven

The Landing at Parkwood Village is an independent living facility, and was built in about 2008. They offer a variety of floorplans for one and two bedroom apartments. The apartments are roomy and well laid out for comfort and and usability. I have lived here for about eleven months, and am very happy to have found this facility. The meals are very tasty and plentiful. The dining room staff is always eager to please the residents. There is a hair salon available, with a hairdresser on duty three days each week. In addition, a provider of pedicure services comes in one day every seven weeks. There is also an exercise room with equipment available for use, with a Physical Therapy department here to provide services if needed. A wide variety of activities are provided to enrich and entertain residents as they choose to participate. The whole staff, on all levels are interested in providing services and an atmosphere that is beneficial and desired by the residents. They listen to and consider wishes of the Resident Council for improvement or betterment of services provided for the residents.

November 30, 2011

By redcrayon

Landing: Building is about 3 yo. Looks good, but sounds travel between walls, floors/ceilings too well. Food: although marketed as "gourmet" to us, not enough healthy veggies & fruits, too heavy on grease, fat, salt, gravy & low quality meats. Portion sizes have been decreased since moving in 3 years ago. Constant complaints about food by residents have not been addressed. Promises of transportation by facility van for shopping/dr. appt. often not kept (van broken, additional rules about van use, changes in hours/days). No trained medical staff on site. If your relative needs some help with transportation, shopping, ADL, they will have to hire aides (more expense) or depend on relatives/friends for help. Staff is nice. Some of the lowest-paid workers are the real gems here. Expensive for what you get. All self-pay (no medicare/medicaid). If I knew then what I know now, I would have chosen a different place for my relative. Facility was recently sold to another for-profit corporation, so I don't know what changes they have made. Apartments are nice, various sizes and layouts. Full kitchens. Beauty salon on site. One reason we moved here was preferential admission to Parkwood Village, the assisted living facility next door; however, when my relative needed assisted living, there was no room, so we had to move my relative to a different place.

Independent Living Reviews for Parkwood Village & Landing

Costs for Parkwood Village & Landing

Photos of Parkwood Village & Landing

Services and Amenities of Parkwood Village & Landing

• Diabetic
  • Low Fat

• Get Costs

About Parkwood Village & Landing

Parkwood Village & Landing offers compassionate senior care in Wilson, NC. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Parkwood Village & Landing shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Wilson, NC.

Map of Parkwood Village & Landing