Nyack Ridge

Reviews of Nyack Ridge

Nursing Home Reviews for Nyack Ridge

May 17, 2016

By graceful lane

Nyack Manor used to be a "Home away from Home." The building is old, but most of the staff are still there after 40, 30, 20, years. This just means that it is a good place to be. Some staff have some attitude problems, but we were reassured that these are the "chosen few" who needs some reeducation and will be inserviced/retrained. Overall, the staff is generally pleasant, accomodating and really hard working.

July 14, 2015

My aunt is in Nyack Manor. It's going very well, and I don't have any complaints right now. The staff is satisfactory, friendly, and accommodating. They like her, and she seems to like them. I'm there every other day checking her up. It's not the greatest physical place, but it's convenient to my house. The food could be improved on because she does not eat that well. It is clean, but it's an old building.

October 23, 2014

By smarti21

A lot of the staff is nice. However a select few need an attitude adjustment. One aide told my grandathert to "shut up" as he was trying to tell her that another resident was talking out or his bed.. Just plain rude. But like I said, a lot of the staff is kind.

November 28, 2013

By informed11/2013

11/27/2013 ADMINISTRATION is uncooperative and impersonal to family members. Contradicition to what they preach. They need to walk the walk. Protocols are changed without family being informed in a timely manner. Instead, at the time of the request, that is when the requirements are explained. TOO LITTLE TOO LATE!! Unit staffs are not given enough support. Most staff are kind, but I would have to assume the ones that are not, are very possibly OVERWORKED beyond what should be acceptable capacity of work for anyone. There is not a lack of money received by the facility but where it is being spent is questionable as with most health care facilities.

November 19, 2012

By MCG.

The staff seemed very cooperative and very friendly towards my family and myself. In discussing the food, my relative did not find it appealing at all. Many times, there were requests for certain items such as citrus, and the food department indicated that the request could not be met at the moment. In fact, their preference would be to have made their own meal, and eat it. The staff was kind enough to allow the family to take home laundry as opposed to doing the laundry in the facility.Overall, the staff seemed to be very accomodating and willing to workwith the family.

January 27, 2012

By Nyack Mom

My Grandmother recently went into Nyack Mannor. The social workers and administration were very helpful. They councled me on Medicare and Medicaid. The nursing staff is okay. Some of the aides are very kind and empathetic but unfortunately there are a few that are less than kind. I saw one literally tossing patients out of an elevator ,wheelchair after wheelchair. Several had their legs hit walls. She didn't seem to notice or if she did she certainly didn't care. The nursing home seems a bit understaffed. Patients have to wait on average 10 to 20 minutes to get assisstance to use the bathroom, which is probably why they all wear adult diapers. When they change the diapers after they are soiled and wet, the diapers are left in the garbage can in the patients room which is why all of the room smell like a urinal. The building on a whole seems clean and well maintained.

Services and Amenities of Nyack Ridge

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2019

About Nyack Ridge

Nyack Ridge is a senior living provider in Valley Cottage, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Nyack Ridge for more details on services and rates.

Map of Nyack Ridge