St James Healthcare Center

Reviews of St James Healthcare Center

Nursing Home Reviews for St James Healthcare Center

October 30, 2017

By GemGirl66

Can't say one bad thing about this place! My mother is 81 yrs old, had a mild stroke Aug2017 & has been battling stage4 breast cancer for 8 years! .. She went to another rehab (next door), which I thought was going to be wonderful... NOPE! After 6 weeks there, I got the phonecall I was waiting for from St James rehab; they had the long-term availability I was hoping for! :) The staff is very kind, patient and listened to my concerns for mom and they are on top of everything. When a med was added to her chart, as per Dr. exam/advisement, I was called and conferred with immediately. She loves her speech therapy and is making more progress in the 2 weeks she's been here, than in the 6 weeks she was elsewhere. :( She even said she'd like to live here permanently! Today she called to tell me that she ate in the main dining room and "What a difference! I even talked to someone and made a new friend!" .. She and her roommate hit it off immediately.. The only complaint I might have is that the food isn't the 'best'.. but Mom is ok with it; that all that matters. It's only been 2 weeks, but for the most part, I'm happy with the care and treatment that my mother is getting at St James rehab.

August 13, 2017

By Jo 13

Worst place to leave a loved one. Place is filthy. Patients wait forever for assistance. CNA staff are either poorly trained or just don't care about proper hygiene and disease control methods.

July 24, 2017

By seeking the truth

" For Profit " should be the 1st Warning ! The FAKE advertisement Looks good , but is only the Hook . Phantom doctor must be invisible , I was there for weeks & couldn't find him despite requests to meet him. Forget the "call light for assistance ". Staff pass by ignoring it . I visited,every day for weeks, relative who was admitted with a Good Prognoses . His care plan was not adhered to . He deteriorated quickly . Wt. 185 down to 140 lbs in 2 weeks . Dehydrated, Malnourished ,bed sores , pneumonia then death , hastened by morphine .

November 29, 2016

By Danielle570

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE FACILITY!!!!!!!!!!! Do not bring your relatives here! Place is INFESTED with cockroaches but the staff will deny it!!!!! It has been an on going problem for months now! My dads food is always late, cold, dried up and looks fake, the renovated rooms have gnats' nests in them! Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 23, 2016

By caring daughter120063450

My mom went to St. James Rehabilitation from the hospital. They had an opening for short-term, and long-term. It seems to be working out for her right now. She went first for rehab, and then short term sub-acute care. Everything is very clean, and they keep it nice. The rooms are of decent size; it’s two to a room. There’s no odor of nursing home. It’s nice, if you have to be in a place like that. They encourage her to involve in activities going on. They’re fulfilling all our needs right now, and my mom is safe. She is taken care of, and getting rehabilitation. She is 95, and I think they are doing everything that I need for my mother.

About St James Healthcare Center

St James Healthcare Center is a senior living provider in St James, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes, Nursing Homes, and Nursing Homes. Contact St James Healthcare Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of St James Healthcare Center