Future Care Chesapeake

Reviews of Future Care Chesapeake

Nursing Home Reviews for Future Care Chesapeake

October 11, 2017

By pshantzis

My 86 year old mom fell three weeks ago and came to Future Care Chesapeake for rehabilitation. She has been here for two weeks now and I am very happy with the care she is receiving and her progress. Every department, without exception, from the stellar rehab group to the well trained nursing staff has been wonderful. Everyone is respectful of my mom and her condition. She came to the facility extremely de-conditioned, unable to leave her bed due to miserable pain from broken ribs and other problems. Over the first few days the doctors and nurses got her pain under control and handled the indignity of her situation with care and concern. I have found, as a family member, it is easy to want your loved one to have instant access to staff and medication. While instant response may not always be possible, caring response has been provided for my mom every step of the way. I highly recommend this care home for any family who needs this service.

September 13, 2017

By Someone who visits Unit 1 weekly.

My mother was at FutureCare Chesapeake in Arnold for nearly 4 weeks. The staff were so caring and compassionate. My mother was in a different facility in the recent past and was very unhappy, therefore had huge reservations going to another facility. The staff at Chesapeake made her feel so comfortable and it wasn't long when I saw a significant improvement in her mentally and physically. If we need services again, it will definitely be FutureCare Chesapeake. I've told anyone who will listen to send their loved one there if they need help. Thanks for all you do!

September 09, 2017

By VickiMun

My mom was there for 2 days and it was the worse care we have ever received in our lives. She was supposed to be there 2 weeks for rehab and we left after 2 days by ambo. We did the tour and it looked okay but trust me when I say it's awful. She laid there for 16 hrs the 1st day with no pain meds after just having back surgery. I then discovered that she had swelling on her backside at bedtime and mentioned it to her nurse. She said the afternoon doctor had documented it but no one ever mentioned it to me. It was so bad she was admitted back to AAMC for IV antibiotics. She is home now doing so great!!!! Whatever you do, do not leave your family members there

August 31, 2017

By The Talker

I was a recent patient of Future Care Chesapeake. I found the nursing care, doctor's decisions and daily care to be outstanding. When I was first admitted from a life threatening automobile accident, I could not sit up in bed. Thanks to their daily regimen of physical and occupational work, I walked out three months later. The staff was very attentive and saw to it that I had medications on time and had frequent reviews of medications to make certain I was getting the best they could give. Their physical therapy unit is world class.

April 09, 2017

By Marlena Calobong

This place has the absolute worst management. I have to say it's a management issues because who is it that's in charge of holding the employees to standards? The overturn on their staff is like a rotating door. I have to micro manage every detail of my fathers care. Even down to a shower. I wouldn't recommend anyone to this facility. The only thing they have to offer is a very nice dining area. I know this line of work is very hard...but wow. My dad is young and still able to help himself a lot. And he's able to communicate to me what is going on. My heart breaks for all the other people at Future Care Chesapeake that do not have a voice in their care. Unless you can spend everyday with your loved one, DO NOT PICK THIS PLACE!! They will keep you in bed as long as they can, send you to doctor appointments without the needed equipment for the patient to be able to participate in the visit (even use the bathroom), rooms are dirty, aides are absent on their shifts (real life hide and seek game), complaints to management are a joke, medication checked off as distributed...but it wasn't, feces left on his butt because no one will come assist in the restroom when the help cord is pulled, no shower in 2 weeks, feces left on shoes and leg brace after a bathroom accident.....this is just a handful of things I can think of that we've encountered in the past few months. MONTHS NOT YEARS. Accidents happen but if this many "accidents" is happening in a few months, imagine what happens over the years of your loved ones elderly care. Very sad. Very unhealthy environment for elderly care unless your loved one is fully active and able to communicate fully....and in that case, how much care do you really need. I'm currently looking for a better facility. Praying we find a place of integrity.

June 16, 2016

By AB482025

My mother stayed at a rehab facility called Future Care Chesapeake. The amenities were limited, and the facility looked a little tired. It could've used fresh paint. The nightstand she had was pretty beat up. However, the care that she received was excellent from the nursing staff to the nurse's aides, and to the physical therapy department. They were all just fabulous. The dining room was under renovation the entire time she was there. They completely redid the room, and once it was finished, it was gorgeous. She was in daily rehab the whole time. Although she received excellent care, they were not really up on her dietary needs. She was diabetic and she would have foods that were high in salt which would make her blood pressure go up. One time, she got a meal with three things on the plate, and all three of them were mayonnaise-based.

February 13, 2016

By Mehartz

Nursing care was slow and did not pay attention to the patient. My relative continually had to ask non responsive staff for her pain medications who, instead of getting the meds made excuses and walked away. The facility was under renovation, hopefully they will improve on the less than builder grade materials they used.

March 23, 2015

By aconcernedfriend

My Dad stayed here until he passed. I would highly recommend using any other facility. I often heard patients screaming out for "Help" from their rooms without anyone coming to see what was the problem. When my Dad needed to go to the bathroom, and hit the nurse call button to get help as instructed, and more often than not, had to wait an hour or more to have a nurse or aid respond to him. A 90 year old patient cant wait that long to go to the bathroom. When they need to go, they need to go! . He often had embarrassing and humiliating accidents as a result. Our family was told that they could not help move him to the bathroom for liability reasons. Thank God we didn't follow that advice. He would never have made it without us there helping all of the time. After walking the halls at night for sometimes a half hour or more, family members often could not find a single nurse or aide available to help us with Dad. Dad expressed anxiety and developed nightmares about not having anyone respond to his call button when he was dying or having an acute episode. We eventually took over as much of his care as possible and had family there as much as possible to make sure Dad was ok. Once the Future Care staff tried a new pain drug on him, and he went completely unconscious and non responsive, The nurses were not able to get a supervisor's timely approval as required to transport him to the hospital. Dad was finally transferred to the hospital emergency room at our insistence and demand. If family had not been there, I don't think he would have lived through the night. There were many other problems there. His catheter was supposed to be changed monthly as per the Doctors orders. In fact a whole month was skipped. Why? Because the staff said Dad supposedly "told them he didn't want it done". We didn't believe that at all. This was an inadequate excuse anyway. Complete irresponsibility. Our family was there every day, we had his medical power of attorney, and yet the staff never mentioned to us anything about his missed catheter change! ! Nor was his urologist informed. It was finally changed a month late, and he soon thereafter died of urinary sepsis. I feel a direct result of his lack of proper care. I fear for the care any patient gets there. While the nurses generally seemed caring , they simply were given too many patients to do a good job for any single patient. It's not a safe place to leave a loved one in my opinion, I never would use this facility again. Talk to the patients there. Ask patients how hard or easy it is to get a nurse or aide to help them. Walk the halls and listen to people calling out. You wont want to leave anyone you care about here.

March 09, 2012

By breezy1

My father had a heart attack in 2011 and was not able to go directly home after being released from the hospital. It was a difficult time in my life as I was unused to seeing my father in poor health. We hoped that the facility, which was close to my parent's house, would help him get better quickly and be able to go home. Unfortunately the facility was not the best of facilities and was not what I had hoped for when we chose it. It was drab and dreary and did not have any single rooms. My father had to share a room with a gentleman who liked to listen to the television very loudly. The staff was nice but it was very much an institutional setting and I was grateful that my father did not have to stay more than a week. In some ways the fact that the facility was so drab and dreary may have contributed to my father's desire to get better quickly so he could go home.

Services and Amenities of Future Care Chesapeake

About Future Care Chesapeake

Future Care Chesapeake is a senior living provider in Arnold, Maryland that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Future Care Chesapeake for more details on services and rates.

Map of Future Care Chesapeake