Future Care Chesapeake

Reviews of Future Care Chesapeake

Nursing Home Reviews for Future Care Chesapeake

February 11, 2019

By Peggy Conrad

I came here about a week ago. The staff and food are both very good, in my opinion. I love participating in all of the activities that they offer, and the onsite therapy has been very beneficial for me. I would recommend FutureCare Chesapeake to anyone...this is my second time here and I've recommended it to my own friends countless times. I like how they keep organized records and ask you questions, to really understand what is going on. It's very well managed and professional.

February 01, 2019

By Ggooch

My sister heard great things about Future care, so this was our first and only choice because she didn't trust nursing homes. Also i'm not from Maryland. The room is good, I enough blankets and everything that was needed. Because i was on a special diet, I had send back food that i couldn't tolerate to get something else. I started going to the dining room for lunch, because they seem to have a little more variety of choices. For breakfast I would've liked having meats other than pork, it would be nice to have other choices of meats because i don't eat pork for religious reasons. I did attend some of the bingo and cards games they offered in activities. The employees that work here are professional, friendly and I liked them very much.

January 31, 2019

By carroll2019

The staff is very good, the staff goes out of their way to help you. The rooms are clean but could be a bit larger, i had a window view so it was nice to watch the snow fall. The food was good, I had choices in the selection. They had a good entertainment, having something for everyone. I also enjoyed the coffee and hot coco machine in the lobby!

January 28, 2019

By Grannygogo2

The room is comfortable and I loved watching the birds eat from the bird feeder. I had no problem with the staff, I talked and joked with them and did what I am suppose to do. I wasn't in the mood to attend the activities but I loved that they offered ways to keep me busy. The therapy department was painfully good, the girls and guys were wonderful. I think I learned a lot.

November 30, 2018

By Daphne75

The room was nice, I enjoyed the big window watch the squirrels and birds eating off of the bird feeders. The bathroom could use some work it looks dirty or just could be old looking. The room didn't have as much space as I would have liked because my wheelchair took up some of the space to maneuver. The food was good, they offered a optional menu for changes if I wanted something different. The nursing was tremendous, the aides have just been wonderful. The physical Therapy department was the best I've ever had. At night the noise level is ungodly, I could hear the neighbors TV from across the hall. I feel like I came here a zero and now I am 100%, with the therapy and dialysis. I am Thankful for the facility because I don't know where else I could have gone to get these services, but the noise level takes away from the good that here.

By C.Tolan1

The rehab here was wonderful, great therapists. Neil, in PT, was amazing and the speech people Karen and Lindsey were great too. I think I walk better than how I did when I first got here.

By A.Dyer1

I've been here for 3 years, and its been good. I feel comfortable. I don’t usually make friends but here, I get to talk to everyone. The food is alright. I would recommend this place to a friend, if they needed the care. Wendy, the GNA is so caring and lovely. She goes out of her way to help you. You have to get used to it, but it definitely becomes more enjoyable overtime.

By O.Blades1

I've been living here for 7 years and its always been ok for me. I feel comfortable here, and they offer a lot of activities to keep you occupied. Bingo with one of my favorites. very accommodating staff, and I really couldn’t ask for any better. I'd recommend anyone in need to come here.

By K.White3

I've been living here for about 3 weeks, and it's been good. I have made strong improvements, and they have a very nice staff here. Joanne, the physical therapist, is very concerned and genuine. I'd recommend this place to anyone looking. It's very clean. The food could be better, but it's a comfortable environment.

By V. Haughee

I arrived to FC Chesapeake 2 weeks ago, but this is my 7th time here. The therapy in house makes it very easy. They’ve made it comfortable and I can see myself improving. Dr. McCullon is excellent. The doctors listen and work with you. I referred my sons mother in law for a significant problem, and she was very happy here. The food has improved. The quality of the nursing has improved dramatically.

By B.Kincade

I have been here for over a week. Its been good, I’ve been making improvements to my health, and I participate in the in house pt and rehab. It's very clean. I would recommend to a friend because they constantly check on you and make sure that your needs are met. Staff changes but they’re all great. The food is good and they have a lot of options. They’re very courteous and obliging here and if you need anything they get it right away.

By p.schneider

I am newly here. Its not home, but its very pleasant here. The staff is accommodating. Having physical therapy in the building makes it very easy and the food here is not terrible. If you are independent and like making your own decisions, I would recommend you come here for treatment.

September 23, 2018

By Thankful oldr son

I want to take a few moments to sincerely thank the wonderful staff of Future Care Chesapeake in Arnold for all the help my mother received for her care and rehabilitation after a bad fall. I am very thankful for the entire staff’s efforts. From the moment care is started, you know the staff considers this to be more than a nine to five job. Care is indeed the primary word, as in all the staff cares. If you are looking for the best chances at a loved one’s recovery, gathering strength from administrated PT/OT, and hoping for caring staff that will administer effective care for your special person with great results, I recommend you call for an appointment with the admissions office to discuss your requirements. A great staff, a clean facility, a nice location, and easy to get to, the food is quite edible-I tried it, Future Care Chesapeake in Arnold Md is worth your consideration. Thank you Future Care Chesapeake!

August 27, 2018

By Gladdy324

The rooms here are good, I like the fact that I have a privacy curtain and the space is lovely. The staff has humor and they were very helpful and courteous. Therapy was great and is very passionate and knowledgeable, they didn't allow me to quit. One thing to remember is that you got to have faith in yourself. I enjoyed the bingo activity game they have weekly. Activities give each resident a calendar of events for each day, which I found was useful. I enjoyed the church services each Sunday as well. Also I have menu choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Thank you Future Care Chesapeake Team

August 24, 2018

By ohiogal45

Future Care Chesapeake is nestled in a woodland area off College Parkway in Arnold. The many garden areas with bird feeders are a lovely feature and provide interesting entertainment. This is an older facility, but clean and bright with many Maryland prints on the walls. There is a dining room area for lunch or family visits, but many therapy patients often enjoy returning to their rooms for lunch after a strenuous morning. The occupational and physical therapy program is strong and goals oriented. If you mention to them a concern over sleep, pain meds, anxiety over the transition from here, you usually receive a visit in your room that afternoon to address your concern and provide information regarding billing, transition to assisted living or home, transportation services to help seniors to doctor appointments, or doctor referrals in one's area. Administration folks will often visit and listen to concerns. Patient service is a constant goal, and many aides really brighten one's day with their sunny personality, response to requests, and words of encouragement regarding therapy. Care providing is a difficult profession and these aides deserve a lot of credit. Having experienced several rehabs, friends visited Future Care before I committed to coming here. I am thankful for this rehab for many reasons, as it has been a wonderful place to heal.

August 16, 2018

By grammy01

The rooms at Future care Chesapeake are fine, the closet space was just enough for my belongings for my 6 week stay. The staff is friendly, my only concern is that I like my door to stay closed and my lights to stay off at night and that didn't always happen. I had shared a room with another resident, but things didn't go well. I asked to switch rooms and things went much better with this match. The activities department comes around to invite you to activities, I love that idea. I enjoyed all the music shows during the activity hours between my therapy sessions. Also during my stay I enjoyed the snowballs and I sat with the man that plays the piano. The man who plays the piano is very nice and he plays at dinner time, he gives back to people with his music. Also, another concern I have is the food, I wish they would be more creative and have more choices other than the alternative.

By Shaker2

The people that work here are wonderful. Its so hard to include all the names that helped me... and I would leave some out if I tried to name all of you, and I will remember all of the best ones for many years, you all are great! Kathy in speech Therapy helped me learned better how to eat and to learn to swallow properly. The nursing staff takes a little time to get to me, but its only because they are helping someone else. I had a stroke 6 years ago, but this is my second stroke and when I first came here I didn't speak well. People couldn't understand me but they worked so hard with me but now my speech is much more clear. My son heard me speak and said "Pops your words are better, now I can understand what your saying". Also my son came to visit and he said," This is a nice place, your in a great place!!! In leaving the facility gave me so much more information for discharge. I like to complain, but I have nothing to complain about here! I heard good news about Future care Chesapeake place, in staying here for a bit more than a month its better than expected. My roommate became a friend, so I had no problem we each had our own TV.

By mawmaw1

The rooms are clean, people come in a check on you. The rooms have flat screen TV's on each side of the each room. Staff was good and helpful, most of the time I had the same caregiver each shift. There are many activities offered. Therapy was good, when I first started I couldn't walk or move my arms. Each day I did therapy. Even the days I didn't feel good, I still went and I'm so glad I did because now I can do more and I feel so much better.

By flyboy18

Their rooms are fine, it would be nice to have a recliner chair in the room bedside to avoid getting back in the bed. I think it would encourage healing, to stay out of bed and sit in a recliner to have my feet up if needed for swelling. Overall my room was just fine, Thank you Future Care. Staff was very professional and courteous and has been very helpful. Food was always on time and I had a variety of food it was always good!!!

March 06, 2018

By Joe Riley

My sister was released from the hospital and went to a nursing and rehab center in Annapolis. While there, she had to be readmitted to the hospital due to some oversights at that center. Being new to this kind of care and facility I decided to look around for her as I did not think her care was up to par. I decided to have her go to Future Care Chesapeake and am I ever glad. The facility is much brighter, staff so much more friendly and knowledgeable, rooms bright and in general an active, bright and friendly facility. The staff works so much more with her towards rehab. They have schedules and goals for her. They answer questions with out a lot of hocus pocus - they just plain answer them. The rooms are mostly double but clean and bright. Staff is great. Admissions Person (Linda), Social Worker (April), Medical Records (Donna), Unit Sect (Linda) have all been great and very helpful. There are a lot of other activities besides rehab but my sister has not participated in them yet as she is focused on getting better. I know I am a bit "all over the place" with this but I am just so happy that I picked Future Care for my sister - I just wish I knew more about this rehab business two months ago.

March 01, 2018

By Wee Care

I visited many places before choosing placement for my mother in law. Most facilities were dirty and had an odor. Not Future Care Chesapeake. The caring staff, amazing rehab department and leadership surpass all others. The building was clean and the staff were always smiling. A bright building and rehab gym. Don't go anywhere else. Future Care Chesapeake offers everything your loved one needs. Caring and Compassion.

February 01, 2018

By sandysold57

The staff on unit 3 wasn't any good, but I moved to second unit where I stayed and it has been great. If services were ever needed again, I would return to Future Care Chesapeake. Physical Therapy has been professional and caring.

December 15, 2017

By greatjob!

I would like to thank Future Care Chesapeake for taking great care of my mom. The staff was attentive and met her needs. She was very happy and I even submitted a compliment form for one of her aids. Thank you. -Meaghan Buchanan.

December 04, 2017

By reggiek621

i was a resident at futurecare Chesapeake after having a below the knee amputation. The facility was clean and the nurses were good as well. The food there was pretty good and they offered a variety of meal options. While the living section of the facility was good the rehab was outstanding and worth going here alone. The Gym area is vibrant and enjoyable and the staff is amazing. I had both occupational therapy and physical with Lindsey Epling being my physical therapist and Collen Burr as my occupational therapist. They both provided excellent programs designed to push me and get me better and able to function on my own. They were caring and compassionate and took a genuine approach to my rehab designed to get me home and functional as quickly as possible. So if you are looking for a great place to rehab and get better there is no better place than futurecare Chesapeake and the rehab staff there...

November 28, 2017

By Brad123

My wife's grandmother is now residing in this facility after living in an Assisted Living facility for multiple years. The facility is clean, and she is getting much better care than she was provided in the ALF. She received great Physical and Occupational therapy and is now walking again. She is now engaging with other residents and attending some of the great activities that the facility offers. This has been a great move for her, and we are very happy about the care they provide.

November 24, 2017

By Rickyroo

My mom has been here for six months. I am so thankful that she is here . The staff is friendly and caring. The facility is so clean and the food is delicious. Their team meets with my family regularly and answers all questions and concerns.

October 31, 2017

By BigRed67

All TREATS, no tricks! I visited this facility in October 2017 and witnessed their annual Halloween Safe Night. I was pleasantly surprised to see they opened their doors to all families and their children in the local community. The ghouls, princess', super-heros, and the residents interacted so wonderfully during the evening. The kids skipped through the hallways to each resident waiting patiently to inquire about their costumes and give them candy. The evening culminated with cake and refreshments in the dining room. To see the jubilant smiles on the kids and the beaming residents just warms the heart. If you're aware of anything 'Social Psychology', you know this was a treat for the residents as much as it was for the children. The precious energy and spirit of youth, specifically children, has well-known benefits for the elderly. Can you say WIN-WIN! The entire facility staff were amazing throughout!

October 11, 2017

By pshantzis

My 86 year old mom fell three weeks ago and came to Future Care Chesapeake for rehabilitation. She has been here for two weeks now and I am very happy with the care she is receiving and her progress. Every department, without exception, from the stellar rehab group to the well trained nursing staff has been wonderful. Everyone is respectful of my mom and her condition. She came to the facility extremely de-conditioned, unable to leave her bed due to miserable pain from broken ribs and other problems. Over the first few days the doctors and nurses got her pain under control and handled the indignity of her situation with care and concern. I have found, as a family member, it is easy to want your loved one to have instant access to staff and medication. While instant response may not always be possible, caring response has been provided for my mom every step of the way. I highly recommend this care home for any family who needs this service.

September 13, 2017

By Someone who visits Unit 1 weekly.

My mother was at FutureCare Chesapeake in Arnold for nearly 4 weeks. The staff were so caring and compassionate. My mother was in a different facility in the recent past and was very unhappy, therefore had huge reservations going to another facility. The staff at Chesapeake made her feel so comfortable and it wasn't long when I saw a significant improvement in her mentally and physically. If we need services again, it will definitely be FutureCare Chesapeake. I've told anyone who will listen to send their loved one there if they need help. Thanks for all you do!

September 09, 2017

By VickiMun

My mom was there for 2 days and it was the worse care we have ever received in our lives. She was supposed to be there 2 weeks for rehab and we left after 2 days by ambo. We did the tour and it looked okay but trust me when I say it's awful. She laid there for 16 hrs the 1st day with no pain meds after just having back surgery. I then discovered that she had swelling on her backside at bedtime and mentioned it to her nurse. She said the afternoon doctor had documented it but no one ever mentioned it to me. It was so bad she was admitted back to AAMC for IV antibiotics. She is home now doing so great!!!! Whatever you do, do not leave your family members there

August 31, 2017

By The Talker

I was a recent patient of Future Care Chesapeake. I found the nursing care, doctor's decisions and daily care to be outstanding. When I was first admitted from a life threatening automobile accident, I could not sit up in bed. Thanks to their daily regimen of physical and occupational work, I walked out three months later. The staff was very attentive and saw to it that I had medications on time and had frequent reviews of medications to make certain I was getting the best they could give. Their physical therapy unit is world class.

April 09, 2017

By Marlena Calobong

This place has the absolute worst management. I have to say it's a management issues because who is it that's in charge of holding the employees to standards? The overturn on their staff is like a rotating door. I have to micro manage every detail of my fathers care. Even down to a shower. I wouldn't recommend anyone to this facility. The only thing they have to offer is a very nice dining area. I know this line of work is very hard...but wow. My dad is young and still able to help himself a lot. And he's able to communicate to me what is going on. My heart breaks for all the other people at Future Care Chesapeake that do not have a voice in their care. Unless you can spend everyday with your loved one, DO NOT PICK THIS PLACE!! They will keep you in bed as long as they can, send you to doctor appointments without the needed equipment for the patient to be able to participate in the visit (even use the bathroom), rooms are dirty, aides are absent on their shifts (real life hide and seek game), complaints to management are a joke, medication checked off as distributed...but it wasn't, feces left on his butt because no one will come assist in the restroom when the help cord is pulled, no shower in 2 weeks, feces left on shoes and leg brace after a bathroom accident.....this is just a handful of things I can think of that we've encountered in the past few months. MONTHS NOT YEARS. Accidents happen but if this many "accidents" is happening in a few months, imagine what happens over the years of your loved ones elderly care. Very sad. Very unhealthy environment for elderly care unless your loved one is fully active and able to communicate fully....and in that case, how much care do you really need. I'm currently looking for a better facility. Praying we find a place of integrity.

June 16, 2016

By AB482025

My mother stayed at a rehab facility called Future Care Chesapeake. The amenities were limited, and the facility looked a little tired. It could've used fresh paint. The nightstand she had was pretty beat up. However, the care that she received was excellent from the nursing staff to the nurse's aides, and to the physical therapy department. They were all just fabulous. The dining room was under renovation the entire time she was there. They completely redid the room, and once it was finished, it was gorgeous. She was in daily rehab the whole time. Although she received excellent care, they were not really up on her dietary needs. She was diabetic and she would have foods that were high in salt which would make her blood pressure go up. One time, she got a meal with three things on the plate, and all three of them were mayonnaise-based.

February 13, 2016

By Mehartz

Nursing care was slow and did not pay attention to the patient. My relative continually had to ask non responsive staff for her pain medications who, instead of getting the meds made excuses and walked away. The facility was under renovation, hopefully they will improve on the less than builder grade materials they used.

March 23, 2015

By aconcernedfriend

My Dad stayed here until he passed. I would highly recommend using any other facility. I often heard patients screaming out for "Help" from their rooms without anyone coming to see what was the problem. When my Dad needed to go to the bathroom, and hit the nurse call button to get help as instructed, and more often than not, had to wait an hour or more to have a nurse or aid respond to him. A 90 year old patient cant wait that long to go to the bathroom. When they need to go, they need to go! . He often had embarrassing and humiliating accidents as a result. Our family was told that they could not help move him to the bathroom for liability reasons. Thank God we didn't follow that advice. He would never have made it without us there helping all of the time. After walking the halls at night for sometimes a half hour or more, family members often could not find a single nurse or aide available to help us with Dad. Dad expressed anxiety and developed nightmares about not having anyone respond to his call button when he was dying or having an acute episode. We eventually took over as much of his care as possible and had family there as much as possible to make sure Dad was ok. Once the Future Care staff tried a new pain drug on him, and he went completely unconscious and non responsive, The nurses were not able to get a supervisor's timely approval as required to transport him to the hospital. Dad was finally transferred to the hospital emergency room at our insistence and demand. If family had not been there, I don't think he would have lived through the night. There were many other problems there. His catheter was supposed to be changed monthly as per the Doctors orders. In fact a whole month was skipped. Why? Because the staff said Dad supposedly "told them he didn't want it done". We didn't believe that at all. This was an inadequate excuse anyway. Complete irresponsibility. Our family was there every day, we had his medical power of attorney, and yet the staff never mentioned to us anything about his missed catheter change! ! Nor was his urologist informed. It was finally changed a month late, and he soon thereafter died of urinary sepsis. I feel a direct result of his lack of proper care. I fear for the care any patient gets there. While the nurses generally seemed caring , they simply were given too many patients to do a good job for any single patient. It's not a safe place to leave a loved one in my opinion, I never would use this facility again. Talk to the patients there. Ask patients how hard or easy it is to get a nurse or aide to help them. Walk the halls and listen to people calling out. You wont want to leave anyone you care about here.

March 09, 2012

By breezy1

My father had a heart attack in 2011 and was not able to go directly home after being released from the hospital. It was a difficult time in my life as I was unused to seeing my father in poor health. We hoped that the facility, which was close to my parent's house, would help him get better quickly and be able to go home. Unfortunately the facility was not the best of facilities and was not what I had hoped for when we chose it. It was drab and dreary and did not have any single rooms. My father had to share a room with a gentleman who liked to listen to the television very loudly. The staff was nice but it was very much an institutional setting and I was grateful that my father did not have to stay more than a week. In some ways the fact that the facility was so drab and dreary may have contributed to my father's desire to get better quickly so he could go home.

Services and Amenities of Future Care Chesapeake

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2019

About Future Care Chesapeake

Future Care Chesapeake is a senior living provider in Arnold, Maryland that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Future Care Chesapeake for more details on services and rates.

Map of Future Care Chesapeake