Solstice Senior Living at Bangor

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Bangor

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Bangor

November 27, 2018

By Victor

Solstice Senior Living at Bangor was very nice. The only thing we didn't like is that, if one of us gets really ill, then we have to move completely out and go somewhere else. They had three meals a day and good transportation to and from Bangor and the surrounding areas. They're basically the same as the other community. It is in a perfect location. You have to pay a down payment to get in that's non-refundable, but it is fine. They didn't have a parking garage, so you have to park outside. I think it was a nice place to go. The food was excellent as well.

May 10, 2018

By K.G.

I toured Solstice Senior Living, it was very nice, and I liked it. They showed me a 1-bedroom, but it's not good a fit for me. I like to cook, but they only allow a microwave, and the refrigerator is just to keep milk or soda in. The price is very high. They offer all your meals and they clean. The staff member who showed me around was very nice.

August 21, 2017

By Kim

It was fantastic. My mother and I had lunch there and the food was delicious. We sat with a lady who has been there for five to six years. She was honest about the struggles about when you first get there, how she had gone through it, and how she was feeling much better now. It helped my mom tremendously; she was a wonderful help. The sales lady was gracious also. She showed us what was available. The dining area was wonderful. Everything was clean and well laid out. The staff who gave out the meals were gracious too. I love their dining area, it has good windows, a big skylight, so it is wide open and it makes the residents feel good. They have a full calendar of activities. Everyday there's more than one thing going on and my mom likes that.

April 05, 2017

By Roxann708330

It was an outstanding, clean place with outstanding food. The staff was very knowledgeable. Their activities were great and not just the usual bingo. I was looking for Tai Chi when I went there, and two days ago, I got an email from them describing their Tai Chi classes that they now have. They were very responsive.

November 21, 2016

By Agnes723721

It was really. I thought the staff was very kind and good. It was nice, clean place. The residents there seemed to be friendly. The rooms looked very good. We got there about lunch time, and they gave us the dessert to taste; it was really good. I would recommend it, if they could afford it.

June 11, 2015

By Jil1

It is a very nice place. It seems very family and community oriented. The food is good. It is clean, bright, and sunny. Everybody seems very welcoming and wonderful. They have a lot of activities. They have live music, bingo, and exercise classes. They have everything. The managers of the facility actually live there so they know what is going on 24/7, which is pretty convenient and nice also.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Bangor

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at Bangor. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our neighborhood is made up of 58 year olds up to a 103 year old that regularly reads the Wall Street Journal

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Penobscot Theater Company, Cole Land Transportation Museum, Hollywood Casino & Raceway, Waterfront Concerts and Cross Insurance Convention Center

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at Bangor has organized?

Weekly shopping in the Bangor area, Evening at the Penobscot Theater, Flower Show and a cruse down the Penobscot is planned

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Bangor offer to independent living residents?

Weekly shopping, Doctor and Clinic Visits

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Bangor exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Solstice Senior Living at Bangor offers 3 meals a day in our beautiful dining room with the option to choose from our daily menu

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Media Room, Fitness Area, Game Room, We set in the middle of 20 beautifully manicured acres, with a paved quarter mile walk about around our building.

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Bangor offer to independent living residents?

Each resident receives a GreatCall Device which allows 24/7 emergency contact as part of the lease. We have Directors and Staff available to residents from 7:00 in the morning until 7:30 in the evening.

If Solstice Senior Living at Bangor accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly

Does Solstice Senior Living at Bangor work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We are Independent Living but provide the needed information to residents and their families to secure at the time of need. One is able to retain their own Home Health or Home Help at their own discretion and self payment.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Bangor

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Solstice Senior Living at Bangor

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Bangor