Canterbury House Alexandria, LA

Canterbury House (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Canterbury House

Assisted Living Reviews for Canterbury House

January 23, 2014

I was disappointed. It was supposed to have recently been redone but the the apartments I was shown had not been, and it was more for independent living rather than for assisted living. They told me that once we would get mom and dad in there, then they will put up the rails that was required for disabled people. They only had one or two apartments that had a walk in shower. It had an odd smell to me. The dining room was small. The people were very nice it's just the facility itself. It's not the best location in town and that was a big issue with my mom and dad. It has three levels to it which is okay. It has an elevator, whereas the other facility I've visited is all one level so it's a lot easier to maneuver over there than it is for Canterbury House. It has an odd layout more like a hotel but the apartments were spacious. They just needed to do a little more upgrading. They showed me a room, there were no handicap rails anywhere in it. In the kitchen, part of the tile that they had on the floor I was told was new but was peeling, the carpets had stains in it. It was not the best at all. I did not feel comfortable.

February 22, 2010

By M. Jordan

My loved one stayed here

My Mother was at Canterbury House for many years. The Exective Director is absoltely wonderful and the staff is very caring. They realy care about the residents.

Services and Amenities of Canterbury House

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Canterbury House

Canterbury House is a senior living provider in Alexandria, Louisiana that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Canterbury House for more details on services and rates.

Map of Canterbury House