Brookdale Alexandria

Brookdale Alexandria (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookdale Alexandria

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Alexandria

June 26, 2014

Emeritus is lovely, but it still wasn't home. I met a couple of members of the staff during our walkthrough. They were very helpful, and they gave me a lot of information. They gave me an activity calendar, and I saw some activities going on in the group rooms. They gave me a tour of a couple of different rooms, and they were very neat, organized, and clean.

January 23, 2014

It was a very nice facility and it was more for the upper class. They did it right. It just was not a good fit for me. It was just a little upscale for what we were looking for. I did not see very many residents there, most of them were in their rooms. It could have been the time of day I went there but the ones I had interaction with liked it there. The staff were friendly and professional. I like their apartments. It was spacious and very well decorated,. You have to provide your own furniture though.

December 30, 2013

By Aileen82035750

Emeritus turned out to be on the spendy side and the place isnÕt large enough for the two of us. It was a lovely place for a single person to move in but the we wanted a little more square footage and the price for what they have was a little out of reason.

May 11, 2013

By Hasine

The staff at Emeritus were very nice and polite. The food was also very delicious and tasty. However, it had a very institutional atmosphere. I was just not impressed by the place.

November 01, 2012

By Ron2

The Emeritus is the best in our area. They have big rooms and the people are very nice. We have a friend that is there now and she speaks very highly of the food.

July 30, 2012

By mserb013

I love this facility. It offers some of the best care in the county. I really feel welcomed in like a member of the community when I go to visit my father. I am able to attend his daily tasks and routines and see how much he enjoys living here. I could not have picked a better facility to put my father in. He is very happy where he lives, and after visiting I know he is well taken care of. He has even met a lady friend. My dad is genuinely happy at Kingsley place and I think that I made a great choice choosing to put him in that assisted living facility.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Alexandria

Questions about Brookdale Alexandria

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

annual dementia training and behavioral expressions

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Alexandria. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is 70, Favorite things to do are exercise, church services, and outings

What programs or activities does Brookdale Alexandria offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Optimum Life programs that focus on spiritual, social, physical, emotional, purposeful, and intellectual stimulus.

What places are near Brookdale Alexandria or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Zoological Park, Kent Plantation House

What transportation services does Brookdale Alexandria offer to assisted living residents?

Brookdale Bus

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Alexandria exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Monthly dining meetings to get feedback on what are residents like or what they want changed

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Alexandria offer to assisted living residents?

cameras in the halls, memory care secure environment, doors locked at 8pm

How does Brookdale Alexandria keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Facebook, email, phone calls, service plan meetings

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Alexandria during daytime and nighttime hours?

depends on acuity. we staff according to residents needs

If Brookdale Alexandria accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

2 courtyards areas that are safe and secure

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

monthly inservices as well as online training

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

staffed according to resident needs and occupancy

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Alexandria provide to protect residents who wander?

secure doors in memory care

What programs or activities does Brookdale Alexandria offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Daily Path, reminiscing, in-touch technology

Health and Wellness Director, upon move in , 30 days later, quarterly and on change of condition

What techniques does Brookdale Alexandria use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

hand over hand, hand under hand, colored tablecloths, aromatherapy

How does Brookdale Alexandria keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

email, face to face, telephone, town hall meetings

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Alexandria. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

nice and safe residential area

Is Brookdale Alexandria affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Photos of Brookdale Alexandria

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Alexandria

• Companion Suites: Yes
  • Housing Extra: Friendship Suite

• Dining Extra: Dementia Friendly Menus„Providing Diverse Offerings That Help Prevent Weight Loss. Selections Are Easy To Manage, Familiar And Appealing To The Senses.

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Alexandria

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Alexandria