7 Assisted Living Facilities near West Monroe, LA
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the West Monroe area, with 2 in West Monroe and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in West Monroe is $3,222 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 34 reviews below for assisted living facilities in West Monroe. On average, consumers rate assisted living in West Monroe 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ruston with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in West Monroe, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in West Monroe, LA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in West Monroe
West Monroe sits on the banks of the Ouachita river in northeast Louisiana, offering senior residents access to beautiful natural vistas, Louisiana cuisine and a bevy of cultural events throughout the year. Seniors age 65 and older make up about 17.8 percent of the population, and the city has approximately 12,600 residents.
West Monroe has seven assisted living facilities to meet the needs of its senior population. The Louisiana Department of Health licenses all assisted living communities in the state, including in West Monroe, and refers to them as Adult Residential Care Providers (ARCPs.) Throughout the state, ARCPs are divided into four levels based on the type of accommodation, number of residents and services offered.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in West Monroe
- West Monroe has a generally pleasant climate with an average of 217 sunny days and less than 2 inches of snow per year. The mild winters let active seniors enjoy outdoor activities throughout the year. Summer temperatures reach into the 90s, so families may want to ask assisted living facilities about plans for protecting residents from extreme heat.
- The area of Louisiana that encompasses West Monroe and the cities of Monroe, Ruston and Bastrop has some of the best air quality in the country, making it ideal for seniors with respiratory concerns. The region got an A ranking for both ozone and 24-hour particle pollution from the American Lung Association and tied for first place for the cleanest metropolitan area according to those two measures.
- West Monroe is home to world-class medical facilities, including Glenwood Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Residents in an assisted living facility in West Monroe may be able to maximize their budgets using tax breaks available for Louisiana seniors. The state doesn't tax social security or public pensions and allows a $6,000 exemption for some private pensions and other forms of retirement income.
- While West Monroe has a cost of living 9.5 percent lower than the national average, seniors and their families might need to watch their budgets when it comes to health care and transportation, since both of these categories tend to have higher costs than average.
- Seniors in West Monroe can take advantage of the West Ouachita Public Transportation system, which is run by the West Ouachita Senior Center and offers door-to-door transportation anywhere in Ouachita Parish.
Paying for Assisted Living in West Monroe
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Louisiana
Assisted Living costs in West Monroe start around $3,222 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in West Monroe and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in West Monroe
Financial assistance for seniors living in an ARCP in West Monroe may be available through the Louisiana Medicaid Long-Term Care Services program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in West Monroe
West Monroe and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in West Monroe, please visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in West Monroe
West Monroe-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Louisiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in West Monroe, LA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in West Monroe
Review of Savannah Grand of West Monroe
I went to Savannah Grand of West Monroe. I really liked everything, but it was about $1,000 more a month, and it was a little bit out of our price range. The staff was nice and knowledgeable, and s... Read more
Review of Rosemont Assisted Living & Memory Care Community
We went to Rosemont Assisted Living. They were just as good as the other place, it was clean, the yard was kept up, mowed sidewalks and edges, and bushes were trimmed. The inside was clean, but it ... Read more
Review of Rosemont Assisted Living & Memory Care Community
Rosemont Assisted Living and Memory Care was very nice and the person during the tour was very informative and very knowledgeable. The room was nice and had just been remodeled. The dining area had... Read more