Risen Son Christian Village

Reviews of Risen Son Christian Village

Nursing Home Reviews for Risen Son Christian Village

October 19, 2015

By stevie1

we were seeking out a place for my mother in law to stay and were very disappointed from the start. An employee was questioning another regarding her sister that also works there about her pregnancy. Very rude and should not have been discussed in front of anyone for that matter except in a private location. We decided to go to the residential area the next day as we were told she may be qualified to be there. The same person was on the phone at the desk talking to a family member evidently of someone that was moving to another area and told them the resident would be in their own room and not a shared room do to they "will be able to afford it and not everyone can" We couldn't find a nurse there, in fact, there was no one to talk to. Several people were turning on their help buttons yet we were told by a resident no one was available? We later found out the person talking about the pregnant girl in a bad way and throwing her weight around was Mandy. We also found out this place is all about money and will keep a resident and charge them in an area they really don't need to be. We will not be coming back and we will make sure we notify who and why. This isn't a Christian home. This is where they take your entire life's savings and hard earning work and could care less.

March 20, 2013

By Keith Callaway

Risen Son Christian Village is one of the highest rated facilities in our area but I wouldn't recommend it at all. On the surface, the place had wall boards or base boards missing. Aside from that, they really didn't have enough staff to care for the people. There are a few good nurses who work there that try, but as for the management, if you're not a wealthy person that can pay through anything and everything, they really don't care about you. As an example, my mother-in-law was not placed in the memory care unit because they didn't accept her Medicare/Medicaid.

June 28, 2012

By Kay F

This beautiful facility provides outstanding care in every way - compassionate, dedicated staff, careful oversight management of patient health, transit to local stores and medical appointments, and many social, cultural and spiritual opportunities. Discussions with staff are always positive and caring. Our family feels blessed to be part of the Risen Son community.

March 06, 2012

By bunny2

My father-in-law was a resident here for a short time. The facility buildings and grounds are appealing. The inside seems a bit dark and chaotic. The staff didn't seem very attentive or caring in the evening. I believe this may be due to the younger CNAs that typically work that shift. The day shift seemed much more experienced and caring. Some of my father-in-law's items were lost in the short time he stayed there. No one seemed too concerned about this or tried to assist us in locating the items. The food seemed well balanced and nutritious. It was difficult to contact the staff via telephone. There were definitely good and not so good in regards to this facility. The assisted living portion of Risen Son seems like a very nice facility. The residents that I spoke to in that area of the facility seemed to be very pleased and happy to be there. Overall, my father-in-law's experience at Risen Son was ok.

Services and Amenities of Risen Son Christian Village

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 08/01/2019

About Risen Son Christian Village

Risen Son Christian Village is a senior living provider in Council Bluffs, Iowa that offers residents Nursing Homes and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Risen Son Christian Village for more details on services and rates.

Map of Risen Son Christian Village