North Woods Village at Edison Lakes

Reviews of North Woods Village at Edison Lakes

Memory Care Reviews for North Woods Village at Edison Lakes

February 15, 2018

By Terry W.

My mother received excellent and loving care during her final years. She was embraced as a family member throughout her stay.

January 19, 2018

By Kathy Waymire

The entire staff is very caring and attentive! They show such love, not only to my mom, but also to our family. They truly work hard to engage my mom and ensure she has the best quality of life she can. The nurses keep me posted on her progress, my concerns, and their observations. The facility itself is very clean and well maintained. The meals are high quality and delicious! They strive to keep my mom (and all the residents) engaged physically, intellectually and emotionally. The environment is amazingly calm and peaceful -considering the number of residents and variety of dementia stages. I always feel welcome and comfortable - North Woods is a very hospitable place! I highly recommend this facility!

September 02, 2017

By rdpudge

The care is wonderful.

August 30, 2017

By Christine Coleman

The staff here is wonderful. They are kind, friendly, fun and very supportive. Keep me informed on meds, mood changes, eating habits, etc. Very much like family. I also like that there are so many daily activities. Especially enjoy the music times. My husband played guitar and other instruments, always liked to dance... so it's nice to continue enjoying that!

August 29, 2017

By Mike Alwine

The quality of service is GREAT! All caregivers treat my Mom like a family member, w/love and respect. As for the Concierge to the Administrative staff, they always have time for me if I have any questions. The maintenance and cleaning staff are outstanding as well.

August 27, 2017

By Mary Clingen

Everyone on staff is very caring and takes good care of our family member and all of us that come to visit. This is a beautiful place - clean and well maintained. We are so grateful to have this community for our family's safety.

April 27, 2017

By Joyce338453

We visited the fairly new North Woods (North Woods Village at Edison Lakes) for a veterans seminar and the director took us through the place. It's a new community, so everything was very ship-shape. They had done some specific things for memory care, like the bathroom wall by the toilet was a different color than the other walls, so that someone with memory care issues would recognize the toilet because of it being different. I thought it was remarkable that they thought of that. The community rooms were conversational and small. They did not have a central dining room. Each pod had their own dining room to keep the group sizes small. It was all very much geared to memory care, as it should be.

February 07, 2017

By Karen380142

We visited North Wood Village, and they were very helpful. We were trying to make a decision if we were going to move my father to a different facility. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were nice, but they didn’t feel that my father would probably be able to move in. We were afraid that maybe he needed too much help. The grounds seems very clean, quiet, and peaceful.

Thank you for your kind words about us. We are an assisted living memory care community but are able to provide care to almost all persons who come to us. Additionally, we support the provision of hospice services to our residents and would do so for potential residents. In only a very few cases the immediate needs of a person are beyond the scope of our ability to provide assistance. We hope your loved one has found an environment that can fully support their needs.

October 04, 2016

By Family of V.E.

Words cannot begin to express our deep gratitude to each staff member for their participation in caring for our Mom and our family during her illness. We could never have taken such good care of her without each of the staff members at North Woods Village. We will be forever grateful! "It takes a Village" and they all were a team and cared for our mom all the way through to the end. Thank you North Woods Village!

October 04, 2016

By Nurseconnie

I so very much appreciate the personal care and interest that staff offer to mom and dad. They are very responsive to my concerns and good to communicate their concerns. The activities that are planned for the residents are wonderful. They help keep residents engaged physically, intellectually and emotionally. I am welcome to be at NWV anytime and have always been pleased with what I see and hear.

September 24, 2016

By Sue, Wife of Resident

My husband now spends almost the entire day out of his room engaged in a variety of activities. His anxiety has diminished and is now on the path to having real friendships with other residents and caregivers.

May 11, 2015

By Teresa36

I visited North Woods Village at Edison Lakes. The people were very pleasant and very helpful. When I went through them, their rooms/apartments seemed to be very nice. It was a new place, so it was very nice.
See all Memory Care reviews (20) See fewer reviews

Costs for North Woods Village at Edison Lakes

Photos of North Woods Village at Edison Lakes

Services and Amenities of North Woods Village at Edison Lakes

• Fee Structure Extra: Few Exceptions To All Inclusive

• Features Extra: 3 Unique Neighborhoods For A Home Like Environment. Family Connection Center, Which Is High Definition Video Conference. Non Denominational Chapel.

• Psychiatric Care

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: Licensed Assisted Living with Memory Care Specialty
  • State Licenses: 15-013236-1

About North Woods Village at Edison Lakes

North Woods Village at Edison Lakes has been designed, built and decorated with the optimal blend of form and function. Yes, we offer our residents a warm, welcoming environment that feels like home, but more importantly, our surroundings incorporate meaningful design elements that promote our residents’ highest levels of independence and safety. From simple and gentle visual cues such as different colors of paint on the walls to recognize areas, to more specific identifiers such as memory boxes filled with personal mementos outside each resident's private suite, our community is designed to help residents find their way independently and successfully.

No two residents with memory impairment experience the same challenges, needs or symptoms. As such, “NEW DIRECTIONS"® is personalized, individualized and resident-centered. It's not a one-size-fits-all program. It is dynamic and fluid, able to change as our residents’ needs change. Each person receives the ideal level of support he or she needs to live as independently as possible

Map of North Woods Village at Edison Lakes