Nature Trail Health Care Center

Reviews of Nature Trail Health Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Nature Trail Health Care Center

July 11, 2015

By bnice1

The facility is short staffed often. It smells of urine & bm. The day shift is pretty good. But, the night shift leaves little to desire. Takes anywhere from 30 mins to a hour to get your light answered.one cna came in the room & said " I don't have time for this".very rude. It was reported to the administration. If we had it to do over we wouldn't put my family member in there.

June 05, 2014

By Edie Hawk

this facility is smelly and in need of good caring employees - DO NOT LET PEOPLE YOU LOVE GO HERE

January 20, 2012

By ER1965

Nature Trail Nursing Home was first opened in 1970. It is a single story nursing home and has experienced and caring staff. Since the facility is older, it does not have some of the perks that newer properties in the area have. The common area just inside the front entrance provides for both meal service and activities. Private and semi-private rooms are available to residents. The nursing home has shared bathroom facilities. This facility employs a full-time activities director that keeps a daily schedule of entertainment and games for the residents. The activities director also schedules visits from local churches and civic groups to visit on a regular basis for the benefit of the residents. There is a beauty parlor room available which is manned by an outside independent hairdresser. The nursing home also has a small meeting sunroom located on the east end of the building which can be used by the residents for family gatherings or parties.

October 14, 2011

By sdw

My grandfather was placed in Nature Trail in Mt. Vernon to help facilitate his recovery from CHF. On my first visit, I had trouble getting in as the entrance system required someone "push the button" to open the door. Once inside, it took approximately ten minutes to find someone who could direct me. After finally getting into my grandfather's room, I found a very small, very cramped living area. My grandfather complained of the food, the roommate, the lack of nursing, the nursing that came every time he tried to rest, the smallness of his area. Understanding that he did not want to be in this situation, I was trying to overlook his complaints, but I witnessed first-hand some of the problems he complained of: his room was very small, and with a roomate and all the medical supplies, there was very little toom to move around. He is 6'5" so it was indeed a valid complaint. The room would have been sufficient, not overly so though, without two residents present. I also witnessed the shortage of staff first-hand. When he rang his buzzer it took about 20 minutes for someone to come. Obviously, had it been an emergency, I would have done what I could to find someone but apparently the short staff were busy elsewhere in the building. The shortage of staff would be the most important issue at Nature Trail.

Services and Amenities of Nature Trail Health Care Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Individual
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2019

About Nature Trail Health Care Center

Nature Trail Health Care Center is a senior living provider in Mount Vernon, Illinois that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Nature Trail Health Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Nature Trail Health Care Center