Gilman Healthcare Center

Reviews of Gilman Healthcare Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Gilman Healthcare Center

December 07, 2012

By zigsmom

I got both my father and mother in Gilman Healthcare right now. My dad is in hospice care. The people that run the place, are very, very nice. They would call me immediately when my father had a fall. They have some very nice nurses, but the CNAs don't really have a caring heart. They just work there. I found my dad soaking wet, his bed and his diaper was cold. He was coherent enough to know that it was that cold that he had to pull his pants off because it has soaked his legs. They also put him on Depakote for seizures that he was having. But Depakote is known to cause severe reaction to senior citizens which can cause seizure. I have the power of attorney, but they will not listen to me. I had to go to three separate doctors to get them take him off the medication. They finally listened to me and they got him off of everything. I'm scared to death because the neurologist only sees my dad for 15 minutes every 3 to 4 months, but they're too quick to write a prescription without following up. My mom is bipolar and she wavers back and forth from mood to mood. She can be a handful, but I also don't want her mistreated. Their billing is also such a mess. I asked them for an itemized bill because my parents paid for their insurance. Dad also has Blue Cross Blue Shield, Medicare, and Medicaid.

About Gilman Healthcare Center

Gilman Healthcare Center is a senior living provider in Gilman, Illinois that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Gilman Healthcare Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Gilman Healthcare Center