Pacifica Senior Living Ocala

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Ocala

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Ocala

March 01, 2020

By Paulina

I feel they provide great care and they keep a clean, nice environment.

Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put resident experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

February 23, 2020

By Olga

Always pleasant and helpful staff. Clean and beautifully decorated.

Hi Olga, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Ocala. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

February 12, 2020

By Barbara

Great place. Staff is nice, friendly and helpful. The place is always kept clean.

Hi Barbara, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Ocala. Did you know that we recently won the 2019 ORA? Power Rankings Award!? We are so proud to win this elite award! Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

February 06, 2020

By Amanda

Dining room is really pretty. Front desk very polite and funny.

Hi Amanda, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Ocala. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

July 22, 2019

By Brian

Pacifica Senior Living Ocala was very nice and very open. They had an open activity area which was different from the other place I visited. The place is very modern. The apartment I saw was nice, it was all repainted with all-new fixtures in the toilet. Everyting in that apartment was really nice. They also had daily activities in the activity area, they have church services, a beauty salon, and on-site nursing. They also had a dining area, I had a meal there and the food was very good. The chef came out and talked to us, he was really friendly and it was a very nice lunch.

Hi Brian, thank you so much for your positive comments about Pacifica Senior Living Ocala! We can't wait to see you again, have a great day.

December 18, 2018

By BB

I love my apartment and the staff who helped us. The activities are fun. My favorite part of the day is having lunch and dinner with my friends. We stayed and laughed for hours. We shut the place down. The food is fair. I wouldn't rave. We haven't been pleased with the cook they have, but they're getting a new cook, and so we're hoping for better. The staff is very nice. No complaints. We play different card games, we have movies, and almost anything you can see here we play. My room is beautiful. It's a one room with my bed in it, a closet, and it has everything I need. The place is extremely clean. The people that live here have to take showers 3 times a week. It's a must. The staff is very, very good, and the helpers are exceptional. I've been here since February.

Thank you very much, we hope you have a wonderful day!

November 27, 2018

By I.T.

I've been in Pacifica for 8 months now. I like the people and the staff. They keep my apartment very clean and my laundry is always done. They have a lot of activities, but I don't go to them. I'm almost blind. My room is big and it's great. My kids chose Pacifica. I like the food. They have a set time for meals. I like it here.

Thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review!

November 15, 2018

By -Mary

I came in to visit one of your residents. The staff is always friendly and accommodates my friend's needs. Everyone always has a smile on their face. When I attend family nights we always have a blast. What a great facility! The Pacifica is beautiful. The rooms are gorgeous and I think they're very, very nice. It's very homey.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day!

November 01, 2018

By Stella

I visited her looking for a place for my mom. We met other residents, some of the staff, and had lunch. The food was good. My mom is not quite ready because she is still in rehab. When she's ready, we are moving her here.

Hi Stella, thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

October 13, 2018

By Laura La

I moved my mom into the community yesterday. They made it easy for me as possible. I knew when I walked in the front door, this was the place for my mom. The grounds were pretty and the community was clean and plesant. The nurse came to our house to evaluate my mom and made her feel as ease. Pacifica Ocala is the perfect place for my mom!

Thank you for your positive review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Ocala. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and hope you have a wonderful day!

July 29, 2018

By Scott

Pacifica Senior Living Ocala was very nice. They had a nice restaurant where the folks could sit down and have a restaurant-style dinner. They also had a nice pool. The staff member who toured me was super and has been there for several years. There were people playing cards, in the pool area, and in the game room.

Scott, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Ocala! If you ever need anything from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day!

August 31, 2017

By Ocala Bob T.

I would like to thank Tonya and her entire staff for the comfort and care they gave to Mary during her stay at Pacifica-Ocala. During her later time when her health was failing the extra care she was given was over and beyond. The entire staff from maintenance, to the kitchen staff, nursing, administration and regular workers to top management could not have been more helpful and caring. Whenever I needed help with Mary everyone was more than happy to help. I highly recommend anyone looking for a place for there loved one to consider Pacifica-Ocala. I would personally like to Thank Tonya and her staff.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it. Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience.

June 30, 2017

By rstack

The facility is stunningly beautiful and everyone that I met on the staff was genuinely interested in my well-being.

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and amazing staff. We are honored among top senior living communities in the nation and named "Caring Star of 2017" for Service Excellence in Independent and Assisted Living. Thank you again for the great review!

May 03, 2017

By Paul553701

My friend was in Pacifica. He was transported back to the hospital and is now in rehab, but he will probably be going back to Pacifica. It has very nice upkeep of the interior, much better than the other places that we had gone. They offer a lot of activities and even bring groups in to entertain and sing. We had lunch there the same day he was admitted, and it was good. Their dining area was above anything we saw anywhere else. It was very neat, and the food was good. It was a pleasant experience.

Hi Paul, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at Pacifica Senior Living Ocala. We are sorry to hear about your friend and look forward to his speedy recovery and return. Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

November 08, 2016

By GaryLap

Just moved my 96 year old dad from independent living to Pacifica. The first day was rough since he did not see the need but now is slowly adjusting. Tonya's team is wonderful and he loves his care person Peggy and trusts her. It will take him awhile to get use to his new home but with time and the outstanding support from the staff I know he will be healthy and happy in the long term.

Thanks for the detailed review, Gary. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Ocala. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! Thank you again!

November 07, 2016

By Misssindi

Beautiful facility! The staff are all accommodating, friendly, caring and supportive!

October 13, 2016

By Mary530455

We visited Pacifica. It was clean, and the people were very friendly and nice. Everybody seemed to be enjoying themselves. The food was good, the serving was excellent, and it was very nice.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it! It's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated! If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by.

September 18, 2016

By Susan187330

Pacifica Senior Living was very friendly and well-kept. It’s being renovated, very nice, and spacious. The help there was very accommodating and friendly. I liked it very much. I didn’t feel lots of activities at that time, but I know they have a lot of activities. They were having their meal when I was there, and I went to the barbecue station that they had, and the food was very good. They had entertainment at that time, and they had their activities in the center. The corridors were very wide and bright. The dining room is very open, and it has double atrium doors going out to the garden area.

Thank you for your positive review! We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, and it shows. Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family. We are honored among top senior living communities in the nation and named "Caring Star" for Service Excellence in Assisted Living.

August 25, 2016

By Krista D.

Aug 25, 2016: I have had two very different experiences at Pacifica Ocala. I must say that this second visit was a wonderful and drastic change. Tonya and her team have turned it around. The first time it was not as homey and inviting as it is today. The staff is very welcoming and happy. The residents could not say enough about the positive changes. Well done!!

Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Krista D. You really made our day today.

August 16, 2016

By Susan534271

We toured Pacifica, and everything was nice. It was under construction, so it was hard to tell what the rooms are going to be like. Everyone seemed nice. The staff was pleasant, the few that I saw. It was a very small place. They didn’t really have a secure system. They said that when people go out, they ask them where they’re going, but when you’re 90 years old, you might go the wrong way. It seemed like a nice place, and I wouldn’t have any problem with putting somebody in Pacifica. They had a library that was under construction, so I’m not sure about the size of it or anything. They had bingo, but the residents looked like they were on their own. I didn’t see any activities there.

Susan, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your tour with our community, we appreciate it. We were indeed under renovations and we have now completed them. The community looks amazing and we have scheduled a photos shoot for next week. We can't wait to show everyone the images. Thank you again for your consideration and your review.

August 15, 2016

By Gail706355

One thing I liked about Pacifica Senior Living Ocala was it was all on one floor. My biggest turnoff was that a lot of the people in there were just too old for me. The food was OK, and they served three meals a day. The room that I saw was OK but a little too small for me. Everybody was very nice.

Gail, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are sorry that our community did not meet your needs, and we thank you for your consideration.

July 01, 2016

By TMJackson

My wife and I have visited many times and I would recommend Pacifica to anyone. I am impressed with the staff from the administrator (Tonya) to the girls on the floor (especially Rebecca) They act like they genuinely care. They are always smiling and eager to help. The residents are smiling and laughing. I believe they are happy too. Overall, great atmosphere every time we go.

You really made our day today. Thank you for your positive review, Tmjackson. We strive to provide excellent care to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Ocala. Please feel free to reach out to us here at the community at any time to share your thoughts.

January 30, 2016

By Judypal

We recently celebrated my aunt's 100th birthday at Pacifica Sr. Living, Ocala. Thanks to the friendly and very caring staff, the occasion was a complete success. We were touched that everyone at the facility seemed to be involved in making this day a memorable one for my aunt. A special thanks to Tony, who coordinated everything and even made sure there was a chocolate cake ....a request from the Birthday Girl . The staff is relaxed, attentive and respectful to their residents. They obviously strive to provide the feeling of Home.

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience! All of our deepest wished for a very Happy Birthday!!!!

June 20, 2012

By Pam4

I've been here several times because my husband's aunt was a resident. This place is beautiful too. It had grass all around and several benches as well. The rooms were nice. They're very roomy for a single person. In addition, they serve good food to their residents. I think the residents are happy with their stay here judging from their physical appearance. I would suggest this place to others. I like what I see in here and I can't think of anything negative about this facility.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Ocala

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Ocala. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our resident is 85. They love music, puzzles, playing games, and the day trips we take.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Ocala offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We cater our programs and activities to the requests of the residents. Once a month, we offer a Lunch n' Learn series where outside agencies come in and give talks about different issues our senior come across. Five times a week we have an exercise class and once a week, a local church comes in to give communion.

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Ocala or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located next to Walmart, and walking distance to restaurants such as Beef O' Brady's, Chili's. Bob Evans, Five Guys Burgers, and Lee's Famous Recipe.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Ocala offer to assisted living residents?

We have a bus and a car to take our residents to doctor appointments on Tuesday and Thursday.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Ocala exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The menu always features two main dishes, along with an Always Available menu. We offer "Breakfast to Order" which is uncommon in assisted living so it's very popular with the residents. We will cater private resident functions with advance notice.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Ocala offer to assisted living residents?

We offer a call bell system in the apartments if the residents needs help.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Ocala keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We are in constant contact with our families. We call our family members if an issue arrives and keep an open door policy. The families are also encouraged to reach out to us at all times if there is a concern.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Ocala during daytime and nighttime hours?

Care staff to resident ratio will always depend upon acuity of the community.

If Pacifica Senior Living Ocala accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community! We have a designated doggy area for them to use, along with a grassy knoll on the side of the community for them to enjoy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We have monthly training meetings with the staff. Monthly, the training meetings include safety along with care, policy and procedure updates.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Ocala provide to protect residents who wander?

The door to our outside patio is secured; you have to be provided with a code to get in and out. We are constantly monitoring those who may become a little curious and redirect them to proper activity areas.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Ocala

• Vegetarian

• Minimum Age: Yes
  • Pets: Yes

• About Pacifica Senior Living Ocala

Surrounded by Ocala National Forest, Rainbow Springs State Park, and Halpata Tastanaki Preserve, Pacifica Senior Living Ocala finds its home in the heart of Florida. Our senior living community is located in the quiet community of Ocala with easy access to shopping convinces, only a short block away.

Pacifica Senior Living Ocala promotes a lifestyle which fosters independence, while providing 24 hour assistance when necessary. With a highly trained, dedicated staff of professionals, we enable residents to choose the service package that suits them best. As individual’s health needs change, residents are able to stay in comfortable, familiar surroundings where they can obtain the support and assistance that they may require.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Ocala