Marathon Healthcare Center

1 Review Write a review

Nursing Home Reviews for Marathon Healthcare Center

September 29, 2012

By Heather5

A few months ago my 87 year old grandmother fell injuring both her left shoulder and hip. Based on my personal experience working in the medical field for 18 years-recovering from such a physically traumatic incident usually leads to a very grim outcome. After being discharged from the hospital she was placed into Marathon Healthcare Center. My family frequently visited her there and I visited her twice (I live in Brooklyn, NY). She was placed in a room with a woman who had a similar injury, and she enjoyed the company of her roommate very much. My grandmother is canadian and when they realized she was fluent in french they had an aid who also spoke the language and was assigned to care for my grandmother. This gave my grandmother so much joy. The rooms were nicely lit, very spacious, clean, and the bed comfortable. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The only downside, like many facilities, is they were understaffed. My grandmother is used to going to bed very early and with a shortage of evening staff she had to wait a few hours later to be transferred into bed. This made her very uncomfortable and tired. Overall there are no complaints of the care she was given here. If she ever needed to placed in a facility again I would highly recommend this one.

About Marathon Healthcare Center

Marathon Healthcare Center is a senior living provider in Waterbury, Connecticut that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Marathon Healthcare Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Marathon Healthcare Center