Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings

Reviews of Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings

Assisted Living Reviews for Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings

January 14, 2020

By Lynn C.

Ridgefield Crossings has been a home away from home for my mother in law. Coming from NYC and moving to the country was an enormous change and the folks at RC went over and above to see she was comfortable, happy and secure. She has made many good friends and now considers it her home. The food is fabulous and the nurse aids compassionate. Five stars!

January 13, 2020

By DMcDevitt

Ridgefield Crossings has been home for my Mom for the last 2 years. She has been extremely satisfied with everything that the Crossings offer. . The best part of Ridgefield Crossing is the caring staff. The resident caregivers and nurses have been incredible. The one thing that I notice about the staff here is that they treat my Mom like family. This is always a very comforting feeling, knowing the staff cares so much about the residents. They are very attentive and check in with her all the time. They provide the perfect balance of assistance and encourage independence to her comfort level. Ridgefield Crossings also does an amazing job providing fun activities for the residents. The have an entire staff dedicated to offer an array of on-site activities like exercise classes, arts and crafts, music and games. They also have different occasions when musicians come in and entertain the residents. In addition, they provide all the transportation needs for their residents, whether it is getting to church, going to the store or even getting to a doctor’s appointment. Overall, I am very thankful to the great staff of Ridgefield Crossings. They have given my Mom a wonderful, safe and healthy home. Keep up the fantastic work!!

August 12, 2019

By mikek

Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings was very nice and the people were super nice to everyone. When you walk in you can tell it is a clean place. The staff was very helpful and always ready to help. Ridgefield is one of the best towns in the Connecticut and this place has to be one of the best in order to service this great town.

July 27, 2019

By BKath

I have no qualms about recommending Ridgefield Crossings as a vibrant, safe community for your loved one. The apartments are lovely, staff hard-working and intuitive, and the activities varied and highly interesting.

November 17, 2016

Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings was very nice but very expensive. The staff was very helpful and informative. Everything was very nice and topnotch. The person who gave me the tour had coffee for me. The rooms were good, nicely appointed, comfortable, and adequate. People are well taken care of.

August 22, 2016

By Eva K.

We toured Ridgefield Crossings. It was very nice and gave us an idea of what a facility is like. The staff was very friendly, answered our questions, showed us the different parts of the community, and were very helpful. We saw the dining room. We had lunch there and saw the different areas where they have recreations. The facility is three stories high, and we saw the common areas and several of the different apartments.

July 08, 2016

By Ellen204057

My mom is at Ridgefield Crossing, and it’s really an excellent place. It’s a little bit pricey, but the reason we picked it for my mom is because as your health deteriorates, they don’t kick you out. We saw their dining room, but we were not able to sample the meal that they were serving. They did have a nice spread for us, though, of cookies, fruits, and cheeses.

May 22, 2016

By RitaBLRIS

I went to visit Ridgefield and liked that the people were very nice. The staff was really wonderful, caring, and couldn’t do enough to assist and help. I really liked the place a lot. They had a lot of activities, like chair. The apartments are very small and without views. One room looked out on a wall. They are very expensive for my mother.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please reach out to our Executive Director if you need anything, (203)431-2255.

October 27, 2015

Ridgefield Crossings was lovely. It was very, very nice. It was excellent. The location is not what I'm looking for, though. Also, I looked at one apartment with two bedrooms, and I thought that might be what I would need, but it really isn't, and it was not really appealing to me. The facility was clean. It looked to be well maintained. The activities seemed to be well planned. The dining room was very nice, and there were lot of people in the dining room to take care of the guests. Ridgefield Crossings was just a very nice place. It seemed to be very well run. They showed me list of things that they do for the month, and what was on the list was interesting. It seemed to be activities that I could participate in, but not my husband, so that's another thing. I wouldn't be able to be there with my husband. Other than that, it was fine. As a matter of fact, I met one of the ladies who lives there. She has a lovely apartment. She can come and go if she pleases and partake or not in the activities. For somebody who is alone, it is ideal.

Thank you for your feedback! We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please contact us regarding our activities and programming (203-431-2255) as we have a wide array of options and are always looking for suggestions. Catering to individual needs and preferences is an option we strive for.

February 26, 2015

By Nancy102921950

Ridgefield Crossings was beautiful. They had very nice people and a very nice ambience; everything was nice, but they wouldn't take my brother-in-law. However, the staff was very nice, very friendly, and very helpful. The residents were all into their activities and enjoying them. I also saw the dining area. It was very nice. I was so sorry my brother-in-law couldn't go in there.

Thank you so much for sharing. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director (203-431-2255) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

July 31, 2014

By Dan26

Ridgefield Crossing was the best facility I saw in terms of activities and the quality of the food and the rooms. The cost, however, was too high for my mother. We looked at the one bedroom apartment. The rooms were very clean and modern. They had over a dozen activities directors. The staff looked to be excellent.

October 21, 2013

My mother was at Ridgefield Crossings 7 years ago and she left and went to another facility and then she came back when I needed her closer to me but she's on the dementia floor now. The facility is 20 years old but they keep it very nice. It's convenient and it's a good community. The rooms are very pretty and very impressive. In the beginning, the staff said all the right things but they don't have a nurse there at night time. They had an on-call nurse at night time which is not good for Alzheimer's and dementia units. I have to hire an aide on top of paying all that money. It's expensive and the food is not great.

August 06, 2013

By filbert92

The place is nice but seems significantly understaffed. There is little initiative on their part until/unless a family member intervenes.

We are very sorry for the experiences you've had at Ridgefield Crossings. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care our residents receive, is extremely important to us. We take our staffing levels very seriously and are very proud of our variable staffing model which is designed to match our team staffing to our resident population and needs. I encourage you to reach out to the Executive Director regarding your concerns as it is our goal to customize care and services to the particular needs of each individual resident. If you would like to speak to someone at our Corporate Offices regarding staffing please reach out through info@benchmarkquality.com

May 29, 2013

I've been looking for different facilities not so far from my son's place and Ridgefield Crossings Senior Living is about half an hour from him. The place was immaculate clean. The staff were wonderful, very warm, and friendly. The food appeared to be adequate. They had a varied menu and give three meals a day. They said that they had wood working and art classes, but the wood working shop was a joke. Overall, we just felt that it's not the kind of place that we would go. It was also overpriced.

September 19, 2012

By ctjeepdad

Everything about this facility seemed top notch. The main entrance left a bit to be desired, especially with an ambulance blocking it who was picking up someone who had a heart attack. That seemed to set a poor mood, but despite tat the facility was clean, spacious,modern with a gorgeous main living section for those who we able to get up and about- This section seemed more like a retirement community than a living center.

September 14, 2012

By resident's daughter

The caregivers are warm, caring and patient. They honestly seem to enjoy their work and like the residents.

August 20, 2012

By David S

Ridgefield Crossing is a well designed and well run facility. Although he had dementia, as a resident my father appeared to be very comfortable with the facility and the care provided. I always found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. The layout of the facility, with its center courtyard is very peaceful and well maintained. I especially like that residents can enjoy the outdoors and there is no possibility that a resident could accidentally wander off and get lost. The cafeteria is very pleasant and has a restaurant feel to it. Although I didn't taste the food, it actually looked very appetizing. Entry and exit doors for visitors in the dementia unit are very discreet and require a passcode so, again, the residents are protected from wandering off. Family members are allowed to visit any time of the day or night without notice. The exercise facility has a variety of equipment and is well maintained. The supervising staff of the exercise facility were also cheerful and very helpful. I would easily recommend Ridgefield Crossing to anyone in need of assisted living.

Memory Care Reviews for Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Staff Patient Ratio: Variable
  • Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: we are a licensed assisted living facility in the state of CT

About Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings

In addition to assisted living and The Harbor Program, Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings in Ridgefield, Connecticut, has launched an innovative program for those facing Alzheimer's disease and memory loss. The Lighthouse Club serves as a beacon for seniors who are beginning to experience mild memory impairment. As a highly personalized program, The Lighthouse Club helps residents remain active, engaged and stimulated.

Developed in collaboration with memory impairment specialists, The Lighthouse Club starts every morning after breakfast and concludes at dinnertime. Residents enjoy a variety of activities throughout the day and they receive the personal attention they need to live well and with dignity at Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings.

number and variety of activities, with 16 activity managers onsite! three distinct neighborhoods with three levels of memory care, from fully Independent memory residents, to early memory loss residents (on our Lighthouse Community) to a community for more advanced memory loss (on our Harbor Community). Proximity to Founders Hall, a premier senior educational center nationwide - located 2 miles from our door

Map of Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings