Candlewood Valley Health And R

Reviews of Candlewood Valley Health And R

Nursing Home Reviews for Candlewood Valley Health And R

June 17, 2014

By Christina11

My husband stayed at Candlewood Valley for one and a half years. It was wonderful, spotless, and there was never an odor. They were constantly cleaning and shampooing the rugs. They were a designated 5-star facility. After my husband died, I even wrote to the newspaper to print that they definitely deserved the 5-star rating. The welcome, the care, and the treatment from all the staff was excellent. They were very caring and helpful. They were quick to jump on any change in blood pressure or oxygen level, and I thought that was great. My husband shared a room, and it was adequate. In my husband's case, he was in a wheelchair and spent very little time in his room. They brought him out to this area around the nurse's station where many of the people who were living there were also brought out. So it was a little family room, and people who were able could interact, and they also saw the comings and goings of the nurse's aides and staff. There were activities for people who were able, like arts and crafts. They provided live entertainment every Thursday, Friday, and any holiday that would come along, like mardi gras. The patients participated. They would dress up, and they were very involved. They had a beautiful dining room with tablecloths and linen napkins, which were changed every meal, for people who could go to the dining room. For people like my husband who had to be watched more carefully in case of choking, they kept them in a room closer to the nurse's station, and there might have been 10 people who ate there. It was like a parlor, and each one would have an aide watching and helping people to eat or just keeping an eye out to see that everybody was being adequately fed.

August 30, 2012

By Daniel3

I was really comfortable visiting my uncle at Candlewood Valley because it had a strong "home" atmosphere rather than a hospital vibe. The furniture and decor was very modern and stylish so it was very pleasing to the eye. Over the course of 2 years I had pretty much seen the entire facility including the administrative offices and I was always impressed with how clean everything always was. The staff was very inviting to family/visitors and had a clearly genuinely warm "friendship" with my uncle, rather than a just seeing him as another business transaction. My uncle was very grateful to us for finding Candlewood Valley for him because he had lived in other facilities that he really hated. There's nothing really negative to say about Candlewood, but I would have liked to see more diverse schedule of activities for the residents. They could definitely be more creative in the recreations they offer and perhaps ask the residents what activities they would like to see added. Overall I would rate this as a safe, clean, therapeutic facility that could use some attention in the recreation area.

August 15, 2011

By nina.johnson

My Mother, Mary T., has been there for almost 100 days and is due to be released and Everyone at Candlewood has been wonderful to her. She has improved with their help and I would recomend them highly as the Best place you can bring your loved one for rehab and care. Nina Johnson

Services and Amenities of Candlewood Valley Health And R

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Candlewood Valley Health And R

Candlewood Valley Health And R is a senior living provider in New Milford, Connecticut that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Memory Care. Contact Candlewood Valley Health And R for more details on services and rates.

Map of Candlewood Valley Health And R